THE BROWNS BOARD

WR assignments

jcam222

I see almost everywhere people talking about having OBJ and Jarvis outside with Callaway in the slot. Do you all think that will be the 3 wide set? I would think it makes sense to put OBJ and Callaway on the outside and put Jarvis back in the slot where he excelled most of his pro career. Thoughts?

13 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I see almost everywhere people talking about having OBJ and Jarvis outside with Callaway in the slot. Do you all think that will be the 3 wide set? I would think it makes sense to put OBJ and Callaway on the outside and put Jarvis back in the slot where he excelled most of his pro career. Thoughts?

I think that's going to be the principle set, but we are going to see all three get turns at the slot in any given game.

And we are going to see a lot of 3-WR sets...

11 personnel is going to be the staple of this offense moving forward.  

So you can expect our rotations from OBD,  Landry,  Higgy, Njoku and Callaway to be all over.    But of all the receivers I would expect the favorable matchups on nickel DB's,  backers and safeties to be engineered for Landry and Njoku.  

Then again that depends on formation and what we're trying to do.   Ever cover a #3 on a deep over in a single single high?  It's a MF.  Especially if that #3 is OBD. 

Keep in mind there are a lot of looks beyond the simple 2x2 in line.  You can  have 3x1 inline, Trey, quads, 2x2 split,  etc etc.  

A lot of good players to be creative with. 

Archived