THE BROWNS BOARD

It's true, Cowherd hates the Browns...

hoorta

3 minutes ago, 5150k9 said:

Why give this F’n turd any pub? I’ve known this for years that’s why I don’t watch fox sports talk or anything related. He can swallow my junk when the Browns win it all and Baker takes a steamer on his desk. Sorry had a few drinks.

This last rant of his removes any doubt. I would need to drink around 1\2 a fifth of Irish whisky St. Paddy's day to get through the rest of that spew. 

It’s not so bad if you see this for what it is, a guy playing a role. He’s obviously reading from a teleprompter and attenpting inflections with his hands and voice, so a room full of people are in on this. I mean, that’s how it is with sports talk. For any major sports team there’s always the guy who’s all for the team, and the guy against it. It gets people talking. Gets clicks. Whatever. If this guy wasn’t doing it someone else would.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, choco said:

YouTube run off clicks...

Do NOT watch his videos.

He's a shock artist, ala stern. And he's good at it

He’s not in the same league as Howard

He’s a loser reject from ESPN

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

How does Colin have a TV show? Rich Eisen is a billion times better. That's a true analyst. 

I have to totally agree there. I only posted this because it showed up as a sidebar related to a YouTube of the Browns trading for OBJ. I won't willingly seek out Cowherd's opinions- which are mostly designed to piss people off. In this case, mission accomplished Colin. 

As we saw a few months ago, there's a segment of the population that sucks up his crap- elsewise, he would have been off the air- long ago.   

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I have to totally agree there. I only posted this because it showed up as a sidebar related to a YouTube of the Browns trading for OBJ. I won't willingly seek out Cowherd's opinions- which are mostly designed to piss people off. In this case, mission accomplished Colin. 

As we saw a few months ago, there's a segment of the population that sucks up his crap- elsewise, he would have been off the air- long ago.   

I have a friend that swears by him everyday and says he's "brilliant" and "hilarious. The fact my friend thinks that boggles my mind. He even does the cheap "radio voice". I want to hear Colin say he's wrong about everything and eat crow like a man.

14 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It’s not so bad if you see this for what it is, a guy playing a role. He’s obviously reading from a teleprompter and attenpting inflections with his hands and voice, so a room full of people are in on this. I mean, that’s how it is with sports talk. For any major sports team there’s always the guy who’s all for the team, and the guy against it. It gets people talking. Gets clicks. Whatever. If this guy wasn’t doing it someone else would.

This is exactly it. He gets a bunch of clicks (not just from Browns fans but AFC north teams and a lot of others) and everything’s great. When they win, he can say ah... well I was wrong. And everything goes back to normal. He might really think Baker is a great QB and the Browns are set up for a deep playoff run. But why say that when everyone else is and you can say something different? 

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I have a friend that swears by him everyday and says he's "brilliant" and "hilarious. The fact my friend thinks that boggles my mind. He even does the cheap "radio voice". I want to hear Colin say he's wrong about everything and eat crow like a man.

Howard Stern is “brilliant” and “hilarious”

Cowherd is a loser, non-funny, moron.  

Your friend needs help

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Howard Stern is “brilliant” and “hilarious”

Cowherd is a loser, non-funny, moron.  

Your friend needs help

Stern? I wouldn't say he's hilarious either. Back in the early 2000's he knew how to put on a heck of a show though.

Now he has Lena Dunham on his show and talks about how much he loves Ellen's dancing.

Yes, he's the one friend i can't understand.

If I had to chose between listening to Cowherd and Rome, I'd put a flare gun to my head...

That said...

There's some validity to the concern behind Cowherd take. Expectations are now sky high and this is a young, talented team devoid of any big game, let alone playoff, experience.

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If I had to chose between listening to Cowherd and Rome, I'd put a flare gun to my head...

That said...

There's some validity to the concern behind Cowherd take. Expectations are now sky high and this is a young, talented team devoid of any big game, let alone playoff, experience.

Sure, expectations are high- as they should be. And not just Cleveland fans. Bunch of other sportscasters picked the Browns to take the Division at this early date. Vegas way shortened our odds. Let this naysaying talking head try to piss on our fun. He still hasn't recanted he was dead wrong about Baker either. We live up to our expectations, it will be freaking hilarious to watch him double down, and squirm. 

Dorsey is being realistic, we look good on paper. I'll second that. But as for the Browns not doing anything YET- the Steelers did very little so far this off season- and FYI Colin- they didn't make the playoffs last year either.  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sure, expectations are high- as they should be. And not just Cleveland fans. Bunch of other sportscasters picked the Browns to take the Division at this early date. Vegas way shortened our odds. Let this naysaying talking head try to piss on our fun. He still hasn't recanted he was dead wrong about Baker either. We live up to our expectations, it will be freaking hilarious to watch him double down, and squirm. 

Dorsey is being realistic, we look good on paper. I'll second that. But as for the Browns not doing anything YET- the Steelers did very little so far this off season- and FYI Colin- they didn't make the playoffs last year either.  

Seeing Cowherd be so wrong about Baker makes me so happy. Heck, I called Baker being the best QB in the draft and the most NFL ready. I should have a TV show instead of Colin.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Seeing Cowherd be so wrong about Baker makes me so happy. Heck, I called Baker being the best QB in the draft and the most NFL ready. I should have a TV show instead of Colin.

And just for an opposing viewpoint...  :D 

He's got an agenda and he says outlandish things just to get reactions.  He's total garbage and not worth mentioning.  

I can't wait to see how our team handles the expectation of winning.  I know it might not SOUND like that big of a deal, but I think it really is.  There's definitely a pressure on our team, and if we get off to an 1-3 start or something, we're going to have to keep it together.  Now, I don't EXPECT to start off that slow, but crazier things have happened.  Historically, we don't win season openers.  I mean, we did everything last year NOT to win the game.  If you ask me, our season opener in 6 months is going to be HUGE.  It wouldn't surprise me to see us on a national stage against the Steelers, Ravens, or maybe even the Patriots.  

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's too fun.  We have the talent, we're going to add more, and now we EXPECT to win.  Oh yeah, and we have our freaking QUARTERBACK.  Gonna be a fun year boys, and if we're healthy, we're going to be a nightmare to stop on offense.  

50 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

He's got an agenda and he says outlandish things just to get reactions.  He's total garbage and not worth mentioning.  

I can't wait to see how our team handles the expectation of winning.  I know it might not SOUND like that big of a deal, but I think it really is.  There's definitely a pressure on our team, and if we get off to an 1-3 start or something, we're going to have to keep it together.  Now, I don't EXPECT to start off that slow, but crazier things have happened.  Historically, we don't win season openers.  I mean, we did everything last year NOT to win the game.  If you ask me, our season opener in 6 months is going to be HUGE.  It wouldn't surprise me to see us on a national stage against the Steelers, Ravens, or maybe even the Patriots.  

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but it's too fun.  We have the talent, we're going to add more, and now we EXPECT to win.  Oh yeah, and we have our freaking QUARTERBACK.  Gonna be a fun year boys, and if we're healthy, we're going to be a nightmare to stop on offense.  

In other words, he is the (Browns poster) Justin Gilbert of network TV.    (of course, I could have said the "G" word....but that is not persona non grata around here.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'll bet you one thing right now- and take this one to the bank. The Super Bowl Champions always open at home, and have the first game of the season on Thursday night. Guess who's on New England's home schedule this year? The Chiefs. Book that one as the season opener. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, Comeonman said:

When they win, he can say ah... well I was wrong. 

Except that when he's wrong he won't admit he's wrong...if the Browns win a game he predicted they'd lose, he'll snidely point out that the other team had a bunch of injuries and that anyone can beat a team when all the good players are out. If none of the players are out he'll snicker "but they won't have success long term...crotch grab...blah blah blah". People do like drama which is what he creates but it's best to just ignore him and not click on his videos on YouTube. Of course, I know all this by watching him. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I'll bet you one thing right now- and take this one to the bank. The Super Bowl Champions always open at home, and have the first game of the season on Thursday night. Guess who's on New England's home schedule this year? The Chiefs. Book that one as the season opener. 

Some are saying that it could be the Browns.  I guess we shall see in about 3 weeks, right?   Schedules usually released around April 15?

Some say we might even get word on the preseason schedule as early as this weekend or next week.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Some are saying that it could be the Browns.  I guess we shall see in about 3 weeks, right?   Schedules usually released around April 15?

Some say we might even get word on the preseason schedule as early as this weekend or next week.

That's just homer talk Gipper. I wouldn't doubt the Browns -Patriots would be in consideration for a national game, but it won't be the season opener, guaranteed. Rematch of the AFC Title game. The NFL has done exactly that every time they've had the chance... Start the season with a mega-matchup. Nationally, Chiefs-Patriots will draw way more interest than New England- Browns.  If I'm wrong, I'll even give you a bottle of wine at the Browns season opener, no bet required, I'm that certain of it. 

PS- a team only gets 5 national games. 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That's just homer talk Gipper. I wouldn't doubt the Browns -Patriots would be in consideration for a national game, but it won't be the season opener, guaranteed. Rematch of the AFC Title game. The NFL has done exactly that every time they've had the chance... Start the season with a mega-matchup. Nationally, Chiefs-Patriots will draw way more interest than New England- Browns.  If I'm wrong, I'll even give you a bottle of wine at the Browns season opener, no bet required, I'm that certain of it. 

PS- a team only gets 5 national games. 

Well...I have also heard that because this is the 100th season of the NFL, that the "opening game" that Thursday may be  a matchup between the Bears and the Packers....the longest rivalry in the league, and that the Pats may have to wait until the Sunday night game.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...I have also heard that because this is the 100th season of the NFL, that the "opening game" that Thursday may be  a matchup between the Bears and the Packers....the longest rivalry in the league, and that the Pats may have to wait until the Sunday night game.

That would be an idea... they're both part of the original founding teams. 

BTW, I did notice when they gave Nate Burleson a OBJ jersey on Good Morning Football instead of the shield on the neck, it says "NFL 100" instead... Marketing is going to pump the centennial year for all it's worth. 

As others have stated in here Cowherd only says things for shock value. For others hoping that he has to eat crow when he is wrong he won't do that. For the first three quarters of the season this year in the NBA he's been talking about how great LeBron is and how the Lakers are going to be the 3 seed in the West win 50 games he'll be the MVP excetera. It wasn't until two weeks ago he didn't come out and say you was wrong about Lebron in the Lakers he just started trashing on LeBron like he had been skeptical all along. Even saying I told everyone at the beginning of the season that they were going to struggle to make the playoffs when he certainly did not. I'm not griping about him trashing LeBron because I've never been a LeBron fan. I was just showing how he is never wrong and says stuff for shock value. Much like when he jumped off the Rams bandwagon when they went in there little skid during the NFL season but once it was the week of the Super Bowl he was talking about how he told everyone that the Rams were going to go to the Super Bowl. Hopefully he'll be telling everyone how he was so right about the Browns and how they're going to the Superbowl and he called it but he won't ever man up and admit he's wrong.

• Upvote 1