THE BROWNS BOARD

Senate votes to block the fake emergency

cccjwh

WASHINGTON — The Senate on Thursday easily voted to overturn President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the southwestern border, delivering a bipartisan rebuke to what lawmakers in both parties deemed executive overreach by a president determined to build his border wall over Congress’s objections.

The 59-41 vote on the House-passed measure sets up the first veto of Mr. Trump’s presidency. It was not overwhelming enough to override Mr. Trump’s promised veto, but Congress has now voted to block a presidential emergency declaration for the first time — and on one of the core promises that animated Mr. Trump’s political rise, the vow to build a wall between the United States and Mexico.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/14/us/politics/senate-vote-trump-national-emergency.html

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/14/romney-alexander-national-emergency-1221317   no pay wall

Author makes a good case that this fake emergency is unconstitutional using Bill's line item veto ruling.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/433923-national-emergency-funding-of-border-wall-is-unconstitutional

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump Has a Strong Legal Argument That He Can Declare National ...

Jan 14, 2019 - John is Vice President for the Institute for Constitutional Government and ... Under the act, a president who declares a national emergency must ...

Yes, Trump has authority to declare national emergency for border ...

Jan 8, 2019 - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story once marveled, “How easily men satisfy themselves that the Constitution is exactly what they wish it to be.

Why Trump's Going to Win on the National Emergency - POLITICO ...

Feb 15, 2019 - That's why, on the national emergency, Trump is about to win again. ... of the catechism—this time, limited constitutional government with a ...

National Emergencies Act, Sections 201 and 301 Fact Sheet | State ...

The National Emergencies Act (NEA) authorizes the president to declare a ... by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United 

Trump Has Legal Authority To Use Emergency Funds For Border Wall

Feb 19, 2019 - Much news coverage of Trump's national emergency declaration has ... As Article II of the U.S. Constitution states, “The President shall be ...

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/levin-explains-trumps-national-emergency-order-even-slow-learning-senators-can-understand/

Levin explains Trump’s national emergency order ‘so even slow-learning senators’ can understand

So happy baby cow is on ignore, everyone should try it. Instead of having to scroll and scroll and scroll through his spamming there are only 5 lines. 

You've chosen to ignore content by calfoxwc. Options 

So much easier to read the forum. 

Congrats to the Republicans that put their country ahead of their party.

"I agree that a physical barrier is urgently needed," Romney said. "I am seriously concerned that overreach by the executive branch is an invitation to further expansion and abuse by future presidents." - Mitt Romney

"I support the president on border security," Alexander said. But, he said, the emergency "is inconsistent with the U.S. Constitution that I swore an oath to support." - Lamar Alexander

"It doesn't mean the president can ignore Congress and substitute his will for the will of the people,"  - Rob Portman 

"My concern is really about the institution of the Congress," Murkowski said recently. "The power of the purse rests with the Congress." - Lisa Murkowski

9 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

So happy baby cow is on ignore, everyone should try it. Instead of having to scroll and scroll and scroll through his spamming there are only 5 lines. 

So much easier to read the forum. 

Congrats to the Republicans that put their country ahead of their party.

"I agree that a physical barrier is urgently needed," Romney said. "I am seriously concerned that overreach by the executive branch is an invitation to further expansion and abuse by future presidents." - Mitt Romney

"I support the president on border security," Alexander said. But, he said, the emergency "is inconsistent with the U.S. Constitution that I swore an oath to support." - Lamar Alexander

"It doesn't mean the president can ignore Congress and substitute his will for the will of the people,"  - Rob Portman 

"My concern is really about the institution of the Congress," Murkowski said recently. "The power of the purse rests with the Congress." - Lisa Murkowski

Speaking of things we love one of them is 1 one of you clowns boasts about having somebody on ignore but continues to bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

WSS

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

They're right. Little lord fauntleroy got a reality check. The Republicans knew if they let this happen, the instant a dem is potus......

Don't be an idiot this new breed of social Democrats will be happy to do it at the drop of a crown.

Especially if they have both houses will get more garbage like Obamacare, bet on it.

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Don't be an idiot this new breed of social Democrats will be happy to do it at the drop of a crown.

Especially if they have both houses will get more garbage like Obamacare, bet on it.

WSS

Don't be an idiot Steve, ANYONE will be happy to do it if they have precedent to point back to. I'm giving Republicans credit here for seeing the slippery slope. I'm positive dems would like nothing more than for trump to set that precedent, they'll run with it the same

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Speaking of things we love one of them is 1 one of you clowns boasts about having somebody on ignore but continues to bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

WSS

I'm helping out fellow board members. Showing them how them how much easier it is reading this forum with Sir Spams-A-Lot on ignore. It's a public service. You and your fellow whiny bitch are the only ones bitching.

21 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I'm helping out fellow board members. Showing them how them how much easier it is reading this forum with Sir Spams-A-Lot on ignore. It's a public service. You and your fellow whiny bitch are the only ones bitching.

15824087-CBE1-41E3-AE8F-371AA94FDCF5.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

They're right. Little lord fauntleroy got a reality check. The Republicans knew if they let this happen, the instant a dem is potus......

baloney. The usual rino's are cowards, and won't stand up on principle. The border is an emergency, but the dems WANT the emergency for future voting block of indigents, even when some of them, far too many, are scumbags like ccc mz the pussy.

It's all political theater played to the desperate, nazi-ish max. The goal is complete power and wealth that goes with it.

The deep state demands to stay in control, and they hate our Constitution, and our president.

Big serious trouble is here, and is getting a whole lot worse.

Soft civil war. The dems would let obamao commit genocide and infanticide and say it was Constutitonal.

the same dems would cry destruction of our Constutiton and racism if Pres Trump has oatmeal for breakfast.

Like covering up for higgardly, obamao's, and lynch's, and comey's and mueller's and brennan's and clappers, and mccabe's...

and strzok's....

Justice will eventually prevail. Either America rebounds from their fascist direction, or we could lose our country.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/proposed-youth-ban-on-social-media-gun-pictures-shows-gun-control-is-total-control/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=ad30a15369-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-ad30a15369-20770865#axzz5i7oqUTJR

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/woman-removed-from-gun-control-bill-hearing-for-threatening-to-shoot-nra-members/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=ad30a15369-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-ad30a15369-20770865#axzz5i7oqUTJR

it isn't spam when you continually have a very ignorant troll akin to mz the pussy constantly spewing antagonistic and even worse, completely ignorant crap, and you emphasize how ignorant and antagonistic he/she is with multiple kickmzass valid proofs that he/she is wrong. How tough is it to figure out your own gender?

41 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Don't be an idiot Steve, ANYONE will be happy to do it if they have precedent to point back to. I'm giving Republicans credit here for seeing the slippery slope. I'm positive dems would like nothing more than for trump to set that precedent, they'll run with it the same

That horse got out of the barn a long time ago I believe it was your pal Harry Reid with the simple majority and from then on it was Molly Bar the Door.

And you're out of your mind if you think Civility and precedent means anything to these people anymore.

WSS

23 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Hey a meme, what a non surprise. I'm sure a link to www.freedomspatriotsammo.com is right around the corner.

How about www.donthurtmyfeelingscauseimagenderfluidshitforbrains.com

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

How about www.donthurtmyfeelingscauseimagenderfluidshitforbrains.com

LOL LOL LOL

that's ccc mz the pussy alright.

Meanwhile the House has voted 420-0 on a non-binding resolution to have the Mueller report released to congress and the public. Only two Republicans actually voted "present". The rest all voted for the release along with all Democrats.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/house-vote-mueller-report/2019/03/14/id/906961/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM19976_03142019&s=acs&dkt_nbr=01050263tra5

we want it released. then when you read it, texsag, you can STFU about your warped hopes and dreams for it. It was a farce from the beginning.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

we want it released. 

No u don't. And neither does trump, I think he's threatened lawsuits over it. Look, I'm going to tentatively side with trump on this one unless ofc the Mueller report confirms collusion. If it doesn't, then u have to stand on principle and acknowledge the Mueller investigation was about collusion.

U should realize The dems want the report released because they "know" it has potentially VERY damaging info on Trump. Not necessarily criminal just info that highlights he prob lied about himself during the campaign. They already know some of the stuff that's in there and they've been furiously figuring out how to get it public. 

I fir one would personally love to see it but I know full well another precedent gets set. Special counsels aren't dragnets. The only thing I'd like to see Congress do is compel the tax returns. That's common practice and he's a clown for withholding that and ur all clowns for giving him a pass on that. 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Meanwhile the House has voted 420-0 on a non-binding resolution to have the Mueller report released to congress and the public. Only two Republicans actually voted "present". The rest all voted for the release along with all Democrats.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/house-vote-mueller-report/2019/03/14/id/906961/?ns_mail_uid=6d52df85-236f-4a8f-8332-d84fdb5d6ebf&ns_mail_job=DM19976_03142019&s=acs&dkt_nbr=01050263tra5

Meanwhile:

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., on Thursday blocked a House-passed resolution calling for special counsel Robert Mueller's report to made public – angered by the refusal to include a provision calling for a probe of the Justice Department's handling of Hillary Clinton-related investigations.

"Was there two systems of justice in 2016? One for the Democratic candidate and one for the Republican candidate?" Graham asked. 

That's right Lindsey, we have a two tiered justice system...justice is a grave concern only if Republicans are involved.

Archived