THE BROWNS BOARD

Odds and Sods

The Gipper

Here is a set of Trivia I call Odds and Sods.   I was going to call it Odds and Ends, but I liked using the title to an old Who album instead.     You can call it Mish Mosh, as that it what it is, no overriding these to these questions. Again, Googling is cheating:

1. What is the only team in history with both an undefeated season, and a winless season under their belt?

2. What is the only existing team that has won a championship where they were undefeated, but had a tie on their record?

3. What team has had the most different QBs lead the league in TD passes in a year?

4. What two schools have had the most  #1 overall draft choices taken from those schools?

5. A. The NFL draft started in 1936...and I believe there have now been 83, or more #1 choices.  How many  of those #1 overall draft picks have made the Pro Football Hall of Fame to date.  Margin of error:  plus or minus 2.

B. Who is the most recent #1 overall pick who has been inducted in the the HOF?

6. Which school have the Browns drafted the most players from....all rounds, going back to 1950 when they began participating in the NFL draft?

7. Which "Last name" of a player have the Browns drafted more of than any other last name, again going back to 1950?

8. Except for the USFL Disbursement draft in 1984, name the only players the Browns have use a "Supplemental draft pick" on?

9.  Lets test your short term memory:   What was the Final score of the most recent Super Bowl Game?

10.  Despite the fact that the Browns have only made the playoffs one time in the last 25 years......there are still only  6 teams who have made more postseason appearances in history than the Browns have made.  Name these 6 teams.

There is some very interesting information here:  

Here is a set of Trivia I call Odds and Sods.   I was going to call it Odds and Ends, but I liked using the title to an old Who album instead.     You can call it Mish Mosh, as that it what it is, no overriding these to these questions. Again, Googling is cheating:

1. What is the only team in history with both an undefeated season, and a winless season under their belt?

The Cleveland Browns   1948  undefeated untied.   2017  winless.

2. What is the only existing team that has won a championship where they were undefeated, but had a tie on their record?

The Green Bay Packers,  1929.  went like 12-0-1.   The Canton Bulldogs did it twice...in 1922 and 1923 (undefeated with only ties).  The Bears twice went undefeated in the regular season only to lose in the championship game.....as did the Patriots in 2007, I think.

And of course you have those 1948 Cleveland Browns and the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the only  undefeated untied champions in pro football history.

3. What team has had the most different QBs lead the league in TD passes in a year?

Also The Green Bay Packers.   Who have had 7 different QBs lead the league in TD passes:  Cecil Isbell, Arnie Herber, Tobin Rote, Bob Monnett, Lynn Dickey, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers.

4. What two schools have had the most  #1 overall draft choices taken from those schools?

Notre Dame and USC with 5 each.  

IF  Kyler Murray is picked with the #1 pick, then Oklahoma would have   5 overall #1s....they currently have  4 ...and would join that duo.   (FYI, Ohio State has only had 3:  Pace, Cousineau, Wilkinson)

5. A. The NFL draft started in 1936...and I believe there have now been 83, or more #1 choices.  How many  of those #1 overall draft picks have made the Pro Football Hall of Fame to date.  Margin of error:  plus or minus 2.

Sixteen have made the HOF  (I won't bother to name them)

B. Who is the most recent #1 overall pick who has been inducted in the the HOF?

Orlando Pace,  #1 overall in 1997 is the most recent #1 to be inducted into PFHOF.    When  1998 Peyton Manning become eligible, he will become the most recent. Since Manning, I do not believe that there is a Sure Thing among #1 overalls that will make it.  There are some borderliners:   Palmer, Eli....and some whose careers have a bit to go:  Newton, Luck.  Many too soon to tell.....plus a number of Flops, like Jamarcus Russell, Sam Bradford and more.

6. Which school have the Browns drafted the most players from....all rounds, going back to 1950 when they began participating in the NFL draft?

While the Browns seem to have eschewed  Buckeye players for this entire century.....that was not always the case.   The Browns going back to 1950 have taken  36 players from THE Ohio State University  (and I am sure Paul Brown took plenty of those)  Buckeyes number 36 total players taken in all Browns drafts.  Next is Purdue with 22, then Michigan St. with 20.   USC with 19,  Michigan and Baylor with 18)

7. Which "Last name" of a player have the Browns drafted more of than any other last name, again going back to 1950?

Surprise, surprise....the Browns have drafted more players with the last name of "Brown"  than any other.  Naturally.  11 players  (10 Jones, 9 Smith)

8. Except for the USFL Disbursement draft in 1984, name the only players the Browns have use a "Supplemental draft pick" on?

Bernie Kosar,  Josh Gordon

9.  Lets test your short term memory:   What was the Final score of the most recent Super Bowl Game?

Patriots 13, Rams 3.

10.  Despite the fact that the Browns have only made the playoffs one time in the last 25 years......there are still only  6 teams who have made more postseason appearances in history than the Browns have made.  Name these 6 teams.

Cowboys   33;  Packers and Giants with 32; Steelers  31; Rams and Vikings with 29.    Browns have 28....tied with Colts.

Archived