THE BROWNS BOARD

Changing of the Guard?

The Gipper

For TOO goddamn long  in the AFC we have had to suffer through having  the Patriots, Steelers, and Broncos be the dominant teams in this conference. With the occasional Ravens thrown in.

Well, now it is time to say "Fuck You" to those teams.  It is time for them to start sucking the hind tit of the AFC.   It is time for new blood to take over.

Who will this new blood be?

Well, obviously I am hoping it will be the Browns,  but they can't and won't be alone. Some other teams in this conference that are also primed to take primacy include the Kansas City Chiefs, maybe the New York Jets...if moves they make pan out. The Jacksonville Jaguars could be poised to do well....they were almost there a couple of years ago, and with Foles now at QB, they could easily be a tough opponent for some time. 

So...out with the same old boring asshole teams....in with the new.  And let the Browns be the primary new dominant team in this league.

Some data:     The last year that each AFC team appeared in the AFC title game:

2018  Pats

2018 Chiefs

2017 Jaguars

2016 Steelers

2015 Broncos

2014 Colts

2012 Ravens

2010 Jets

2002 Raiders 

2002 Titans

1994 Chargers

1993 Bills

1989 Browns

1988 Bengals

More data:    The number of times each AFC team has been in the AFC title game since 2000:

Patriots  13 times

Steelers  6 times

Colts  4 times

Ravens 4 times

Broncos 3 times

Raiders 2 times

Jets 2 times

Chiefs 1 time

Jags 1 time

Chargers 1 time

Titans 1 time

Browns, Bengals, Bills, Dolphins, Texans,    -0-

AFCE: Pats aren't done. Jets have improved, but not enough to be a factor. Fins are a hot mess. Bills are building, but still have a huge "?" at QB.

AFCW: KC's D has been hurt badly which may not matter with that Offense, but the 2018 D did set up some short fields that I don't see the 2019 version doing. Plus with LAC and an OAK team that looks scary already with a three-1sts, Mayock draft to go, they are in the toughest Division in the NFL. Even the Broncos with their D won't be pushovers.

AFCS: JAX? Could be, but it all boils down to Foles and when he's been "the guy" in the past, his results have not been what they were in 2017 as a fill-in. Until Foles proves himself it looks like IND's Division to me. Luck is back and behind a rising OL... Mack filled the bill at RB... TY is still formidable... Ebron emerged last season... and that D was sneaky good last season. HOU? Just doesn't seem like they will ever get over the hump, but they will be a tough opponent for anyone.

As for the AFCN...

• I've counted out the Steelers before... and have been wrong, so I don't "trust" them to roll over.
  • Ravens? D has been diminished in front 7, but assuming Earl Thomas returns to form they arguably will put the best 2ndary on the league on the field.
  • Cinci? Gonna be a long season in southern Ohio...

So, yes, we are on the rise, but so are IND and OAK and at least IND is "old guard".

Now, imagine if we had Barkley. Now, he's the missing piece. The Giants are now where we were a while ago when many were saying that the runningback is the final piece- mostly because of length of years they function at their prime. But wouldn't now be the opportune time for us to have a back like Barkley? Man, Baker, OBJ, Landry, Njoku and Barkley would have a 5 year run the likes the NFL has never seen. I read an article on the Giants could waste the prime years of Barkley's career trying to rebuild. 

Throw the house at the Giants, Give em Duke Johnson, 2nd, 3rd rounders this year and a 1, 2, 3 next year and lets run this. Hahaha, wishful thinking but maaaan, that would be fun. 

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Now, imagine if we had Barkley. Now, he's the missing piece. The Giants are now where we were a while ago when many were saying that the runningback is the final piece- mostly because of length of years they function at their prime. But wouldn't now be the opportune time for us to have a back like Barkley? Man, Baker, OBJ, Landry, Njoku and Barkley would have a 5 year run the likes the NFL has never seen. I read an article on the Giants could waste the prime years of Barkley's career trying to rebuild. 

Throw the house at the Giants, Give em Duke Johnson, 2nd, 3rd rounders this year and a 1, 2, 3 next year and lets run this. Hahaha, wishful thinking but maaaan, that would be fun. 

Seriously, shut the fuck up about Barkley. Jesus Christ. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seriously, shut the fuck up about Barkley. Jesus Christ. 

Don't use the Lord's Name in vain. 

I'm okay with Chubb and Hunt, they'll be nice. But Barkley would be better. Just saying. The Rookie of the Year would agree with me. 

Just now, PoeticG said:

I'm okay with Chubb and Hunt, they'll be nice. But Barkley would be better. Just saying. The Rookie of the Year would agree with me. 

You are one annoying, obsessed twat. 

And I'll use your imaginary lord's name any way I want. 

46 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Get the fuck out of here. Are you really still suckling his knob? It was him or Mayfield. We chose well. Where are the Giants right now? In a sorry ass state. 

We have Nick Chubb AND Kareem Hunt. Fuck Barkley. 

45 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are one annoying, obsessed twat. 

And I'll use your imaginary lord's name any way I want. 

Envy is a sin.

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Shut the fuck up about Barkley for Christ sake goddamnit

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Imagine if we had Julio Jones to team up with Beckham, And Kahlil Mack playing on defense. Woo Hoo!!!!  

Yeah, Barkley is good. Chubb is almost as good. Saquon is all the Giants have left- We chose well with Baker. 

Give it up with your Barkley obsession. Unless and until we play the Giants- no one else cares how good he is. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Fuck me. Even if you prefer having Barkley rather than your wife, and you consider him better than Hunt and Chubb, you have to admit that they are not so far level wise. I'd rather have two very good RBs instead of a great RB.

It's not like we have an average RB committee going on here.

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Now, imagine if we had Barkley.

LMAO! I think I woke the wife...

Don't ever change, Po...

Archived