THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Berry?

MLD Woody

Nah, Z... Thomas could play at an All-Pro level at either Safety spot.

I'm afraid Berry is damaged goods. He's played 3 games in the past two years.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Nah, Z... Thomas could play at an All-Pro level at either Safety spot.

I'm afraid Berry is damaged goods. He's played 3 games in the past two years.

I think he would be very inspired to prove himself again. And as you stated earlier, Kindred is pretty good insurance at SS.

Zombo

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I see you dumped My Ha Ha Clinton Dix post.

Nevertheless......what about him?   

Only 26 years old.   Free agent.

He was rated behind Thomas, but ahead of the Honey Badger.

I heard Redskins were trying to re-sign him. And thanks for sparing us the actual bag of dicks this time.

Z

12 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I heard Redskins were trying to re-sign him. And thanks for sparing us the actual bag of dicks this time.

Z

I heard the Browns were going to sign Thomas....and that didn't happen.   So, maybe we can still get him....if they want to get a  younger guy  (Berry is 30...Thomas is 30 in May, Dix is 26)

I would sign Thomas before Berry. I like them both, but the latter has been out of action for way too long.

17 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Wake UP!!!   Thomas is gone to the Ratfuckers.

I entered this thread before noticing the other one. My fault. I still prefer Earl.

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

Better than nothing.  And with his release, no compensation required.   Still only 30....as noted, only a few months older than Earl Thomas. 

Not sure about his physical status.....or his current serviceability.  Can't trust the Chiefs to believe that "a guy they cut is no good"...hell, they cut or traded half their defense.

Who has the scoop there?

Can he fill the role?

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dorsey should have given them ogbah and another later round pick next year instead of pep. 

Not done in a vacuum, they would have wanted/been willing to accept that over Peppers

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move it that way, and they pushed back for Pep.

Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

Curious why you feel that way. Tbh hes not gonna get any sort of big money contract and even though hes 30 he essentially has been off two years.

Is it injury bug or level of play you've seen?

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

Then why would the Giants do that? I understand looking at it from a Browns perspective, but there is the other side. Maybe the Giants value Peppers at a 2nd, so that would then be 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Ogbah. 

13 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Curious why you feel that way. Tbh hes not gonna get any sort of big money contract and even though hes 30 he essentially has been off two years.

Is it injury bug or level of play you've seen?

Injury bug effecting play and possibly taking away snaps from younger players in need that have a better shot of staying healthy thus available. 

15 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

There are two or three teams interested in Ogbah including Dallas & Philly.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, The Gipper said:

Better than nothing.  And with his release, no compensation required.   Still only 30....as noted, only a few months older than Earl Thomas. 

Not sure about his physical status.....or his current serviceability.  Can't trust the Chiefs to believe that "a guy they cut is no good"...hell, they cut or traded half their defense.

Who has the scoop there?

Can he fill the role?

Chiefs released him instead of paying him $7 million guaranteed on 3\15.  I'm no cap guru, but it looks like the Chiefs are eating around $14 million in dead money this year. 

Physical status?  played in a total of three games the past two seasons. Far too big a health risk in my book, but ESPN says the Cowboys are interested. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Chiefs released him instead of paying him $7 million guaranteed on 3\15.  I'm no cap guru, but it looks like the Chiefs are eating around $14 million in dead money this year. 

Physical status?  played in a total of three games the past two seasons. Far too big a health risk in my book, but ESPN says the Cowboys are interested. 

I say we take chance and move back up into the first to get Devin White by giving them our first next year, Duke Johnson and some cash...

Archived