THE BROWNS BOARD

What about (backup) QB?

jrb12711

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not me... you can feel Murray's stock rising from the gushing over what I saw to be his pretty mediocre Pro Day.

I think it's a coin flip between Murray and Bosa for #1 overall

Well, yea, it comes down to "style of play".

If the Cards had not selected a new HC who wants to run his hairyhighschoolhorseshit offense, then Murray's evaluation would be maybe mid 1st round. Instead, they may think that Murray would be right to run his style.  

Maybe they are right.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not me... you can feel Murray's stock rising from the gushing over what I saw to be his pretty mediocre Pro Day.

I think it's a coin flip between Murray and Bosa for #1 overall

Curious why you think it was mediocre. Most in attendance publicly or otherwise thought he looked incredibly strong throwing the football. I honestly didn't watch a second of it though so I'm wondering what you saw.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/13/kyler-murray-pro-day-oklahoma-nfl-draft

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Curious why you think it was mediocre. Most in attendance publicly or otherwise thought he looked incredibly strong throwing the football. I honestly didn't watch a second of it though so I'm wondering what you saw.

I suspect that Tour thinks that any workout in shorts and no pads, and against no defenders, where all you are doing is throwing to spots is pretty useless.   I basically agree with that.  Also,  He did not perform any other drills.....didn't run the 40, didn't run the cones, etc. 

I am basically of the opinion that if the combine and the pro day workouts together amount to anything more than 5% of a team's evaluation of a player, that team is stupid.   Especially in the case of a QB.  I mean, we know how badly Tom Brady performed at his combine workouts.  I don't know that they had them back in that day, but how well do you think Bernie Kosar would have done?

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Whomever gets Murray has bought fool's gold in the NFL IMO. He didn't run the 40 because he stuffed himself too much for combine weight and could not shed it fast enough to regain speed for Pro day. So now you get a slower version who still throws high arching lollipops long distances. A safety's dream.

I think you are onto something there, Ag. He did weigh in at OU's Pro Day and was down 2# from the Combine...

Interestingly he passed on having his height remeasured... lol...

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

His velocity was good... very good even. Ball came out of his hand strong. And his deep ball throws were pretty good as well... high arching.

That said...

What I saw, that Todd McShay and others apparently did not, was a lack of accuracy.

However, several balls hit the ground and his WRs saved a few more with circus catches especially on the out routes he tried to crank.

It was a good workout to be sure... far from the Teddy B disaster we saw years ago... but IMO it wasn't the "gushworthy" performance I heard many talking heads proclaim it to be.

6 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Uncle Fester ‘s boy just got cut. AJ McCarren,  Chucky must have seen enough.

Dorsey should of fixed the fax machine and offered them a couple of picks :)

12 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Uncle Fester ‘s boy just got cut. AJ McCarren,  Chucky must have seen enough.

Could be our future 3rd QB...

Just sayin'...

19 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What I saw, that Todd McShay and others apparently did not, was a lack of accuracy.

However, several balls hit the ground and his WRs saved a few more with circus catches especially on the out routes he tried to crank.

It was a good workout to be sure... far from the Teddy B disaster we saw years ago... but IMO it wasn't the "gushworthy" performance I heard many talking heads proclaim it to be.

Cool, thanks for the insight. It's amazing really for the first time in forever that I'm not glued to the workouts/combines etc of QB's for the draft..

Archived