THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign TE Demetrius Harris From KC

BobPOUND!

3 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Hate to say it but I fear Duke Johnson is going to be expendable and is likely already being dangled out there

Can't see Duke going anywhere right now. With Peppers gone we need a punt returner. And who knows how long of a suspension Kareem will get.

The Hunt suspension question mark is the only reason I think Duke won't get dealt..... unless its a good deal.

I don't want them to deal him at all..... I still see Billy B turning him into a monster....

Harris??? Meh...

Poor ratings across the board at PFF. Overall #44 TE...

7 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I don't want them to deal him at all..... I still see Billy B turning him into a monster....

Duke's not quick enough to fit Bill's RB mode.

17 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Harris is not a #1 receiving TE. 

And Duke... not quick enough... what?

He's not... Duke accelerates nowhere near as fast as White or before him Lewis.

And not only is Harris not a #1 receiving TE... he's not a good blocker either... that's what "across the board" means.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And not only is Harris not a #1 receiving TE... he's not a good blocker either... that's what "across the board" means.

Ok maybe I confused Duke’s lateral quickness with acceleration, I still feel he would do very well anywhere there is an accurate and smart QB.

He is really just replacing Fells. Maybe that’s why Dorsey was telling Njoku to focus on improving his pass blocking 

I gotta agree with Tour on this one. I'm not enthusiastic about this one.

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't think we are done at the position. DeValve not being able to get on the field is a concern, there is more to come here.

We've got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 3 5th's ... gotta be a nice TE prospect in rds 3-5.

Pharoah Brown is intriguing as well. 

The nice thing about hiring from within is Kitchens has a good read on guys like Brown, may be a few diamonds in the rough already on our roster.

Zombo

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

... gotta be a nice TE prospect in rds 3-5.

That's a range that includes Sternberger...

2 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

So with all of the additions, and subtractions...

Where does Cleveland go from here?

LB/DB/OL/S are the biggest needs

Yes....still thin at those spots.

Of course, if the Earl Thomas deal comes through...not so much safety.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Harris??? Meh...

Poor ratings across the board at PFF. Overall #44 TE...

Duke's not quick enough to fit Bill's RB mode.

Two bad observations in my opinion.   If Harris is our #3 TE (after Joker and Devalve) or even #2...that is all that we would ask of him...to be the primary blocking TE (which others here have commented that that will be his primary role)...Since there are 32 teams in the NFL, meaning that there would be like 96 TEs in the league:  #44 for the backup or 3rd string seems pretty acceptable.  (where does Devalve rank?)

And I think Duke is plenty quick enough to fit BBs RB mode....as quick as Dion Lewis or James White were.

But I have interest in Duke "fitting BBs mode"....I want him to fit Freddie Kitchen's  RB mode.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Again, off base observations. Like I said, I am interested what they can do for our offense, not someone else's. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well.....OK.   I agree that we should not be jumping up and down about our third string TE.  

Dorsey clearly thinks he is an upgrade from Fells.    That is good enough for me....enthusiasm not necessary.

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

D1ojVBMWkAAUNCi.jpg

On 3/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, domcucch1994 said:

This signing makes me moist like a betty crocker cake.

forgive me lord..butt it was right there^^....🤣nice hat young lady..here's the guy i mentioned in another TE thread.. Dorsey has liked this guy since 2013 as a UDfa JD picked up in KC..Welcome Aboard Harris family..

The Browns offense is going to be unstoppable, even at TE. Pay too much attention to Njoku and...

Harris is not just a blocking TE. Really smart signing.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/patrick-mahomes-hits-demetrius-harris-for-35-yard-gain

https://www.chiefs.com/video/demetrius-harris-here-to-make-3rd-downs-go-right

https://youtu.be/OoKRx6e7Jug

On 3/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, Ibleedbrown said:

And now the Fells cut makes sense. Badda bing.

To me it makes less sense.  He's the same as Fells.  Same size and stats from last season (as I recall).

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

To me it makes less sense.  He's the same as Fells.  Same size and stats from last season (as I recall).

Since Dorsey has seen a lot of each, then he must know something he prefers in one over the other.

Archived