THE BROWNS BOARD

Bell to jet’s

The Gipper

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

t

Thanx!

30 minutes ago, cvcanedy said:

He would’ve gotten this deal this year had he played last year, so that whole episode was basically all for naught

That's absolutely not true. Seriously ya'll, you need to read up on why these guys are wildin-it's about the guaranteed money. 

It's always thrown out that Bell turned down a deal to become "the highest paid RB by year in the NFL", which is true. However, you can offer a player in the NFL $1 billion contract and it doesn't mean squat if the money isn't guaranteed in the deal. In actuality, the Steelers final offer had about $10 of truly guaranteed money: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/17/report-final-leveon-bell-offer-had-10m-fully-guaranteed/. As I have noted, that amount of money is a slap in the face to a guy of Bell's ability.

Conversely, by sitting a year Bell got a contract with $35 million guaranteed: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/13/leveon-bell-contract-agreement-jets. He played the system to get $25 million more of guaranteed money. Even if you exclude the $14.5 of money he could have made on the franchise tag, by sitting a year he put $20 million or so of that type of cash.

NOW, the argument I can't really go against is that he could have played under the tag last year and then gotten this deal, i.e. losing out on the 14.5 mil + the $35 mil guaranteed. However, Bell banked on staying healthy and getting the deal is all I can say.

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

That's absolutely not true. Seriously ya'll, you need to read up on why these guys are wildin-it's about the guaranteed money. 

It's always thrown out that Bell turned down a deal to become "the highest paid RB by year in the NFL", which is true. However, you can offer a player in the NFL $1 billion contract and it doesn't mean squat if the money isn't guaranteed in the deal. In actuality, the Steelers final offer had about $10 of truly guaranteed money: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/17/report-final-leveon-bell-offer-had-10m-fully-guaranteed/. As I have noted, that amount of money is a slap in the face to a guy of Bell's ability.

Conversely, by sitting a year Bell got a contract with $35 million guaranteed: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/13/leveon-bell-contract-agreement-jets. He played the system to get $25 million more of guaranteed money. Even if you exclude the $14.5 of money he could have made on the franchise tag, by sitting a year he put $20 million or so of that type of cash.

NOW, the argument I can't really go against is that he could have played under the tag last year and then gotten this deal, i.e. losing out on the 14.5 mil + the $35 mil guaranteed. However, Bell banked on staying healthy and getting the deal is all I can say.

No one cares about his money....except him, his wife and his agent.   I only care that the Steelers lost an outstanding player and are worse off for it now.

Good signing that will help Darnold... should be the 2nd-coming of HOFer Curtis Martin.

That said... Jets aren't going to go anywhere by adding Bell and Mosely plus Anderson.

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No one cares about his money....except him, his wife and his agent.   I only care that the Steelers lost an outstanding player and are worse off for it now.

I've been letting people bask in what is happening with the Browns and just reading. Leave it to you to bring me out of the woodwork. Bell didn't fucking play last season dipshit and the steelers were just fine. Connor missed 4 games last year and was on a torrid pace. We didn't miss bell. We won't miss him this season either. He's BEEN GONE! Go feed the reindeer Santa.

57 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I've been letting people bask in what is happening with the Browns and just reading. Leave it to you to bring me out of the woodwork. Bell didn't fucking play last season dipshit and the steelers were just fine. Connor missed 4 games last year and was on a torrid pace. We didn't miss bell. We won't miss him this season either. He's BEEN GONE! Go feed the reindeer Santa.

Go suck Ben's cock , Pookie!.. And you don't "let us" do anything.. We do what we want here , weather your here or not.... If you leave here tomorrow.. no one will give 2 shits.. Now go crawl back into your slime hole and disappear ,,,,, Now you fuckers will see what its like to be the underdog for a change.. Good luck with that..

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

If you consider "fine" missing the playoffs. Yeah, unusual for you- but you just might have to get used to the idea. Perusing the Steelers depth chart, you have a few major holes- and lotsa luck trying to fill all of them in what's left in FA with $10 million of cap room. Or the draft, which according to you, the Steelers never miss on a pick.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

If you consider "fine" missing the playoffs. Yeah, unusual for you- but you just might have to get used to the idea. Perusing the Steelers depth chart, you have a few major holes- and lotsa luck trying to fill all of them in what's left in FA with $10 million of cap room. Or the draft, which according to you, the Steelers never miss on a pick.  

The steelers had over 20m in room. They signed Steven Nelson and donte moncrief and have ten picks in the draft. The Browns look nice on paper. You still have to play the games. The Browns have had to suck for a really long time to get to this point. What do you want to bet the steelers don't suck?

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Go suck Ben's cock , Pookie!.. And you don't "let us" do anything.. We do what we want here , weather your here or not.... If you leave here tomorrow.. no one will give 2 shits.. Now go crawl back into your slime hole and disappear ,,,,, Now you fuckers will see what its like to be the underdog for a change.. Good luck with that..

Oh nickers, go get your shine box.

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The steelers had over 20m in room. They signed Steven Nelson and donte moncrief and have ten picks in the draft. The Browns look nice on paper. You still have to play the games. The Browns have had to suck for a really long time to get to this point. What do you want to bet the steelers don't suck?

You didn't address the "missing the play offs and just fine" bit 

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You sound stressed...

Maybe you should take a season off to adjust to the new reality?

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You may have been "fine"...but is "fine" sufficient?  Your offense was not as good as it was with Bell.  Conner did well as NFL RBs go....but he didn't come close to the kind of production that Bell regularly gave you. 

And I am Santa because I come bearing a gift for you:    Knowledge.      Bell is gone and now AB is gone, and you think that you are just as good with Conner and and Sidney Moncrief?   The knowledge for you is this:  No, you are not.

So, I am glad to know that for Steelers  being "fine" means missing the playoffs.

It has only taken the Browns 16 months to go from  suck until this point.  The process did not really take that long....once Dorsey came on board.

But I agree with you on two things:

A. Absolutely the Browns have to prove it on the field.  The apparently treasure trove of new good players they have still have to actually work together...along with a rookie HC.

B. The Steeler won't "suck" ...as in be like 5-11.  They will be about a .500 team.   That is not "sucking"....but that is about what they will be.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Like they missed on Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs,, they both SUCK!

Oh nickers, go get your shine box.

Go shine Tomlin's PUD! It's all your good for...

5 hours ago, chimpy07 said:

You didn't address the "missing the play offs and just fine" bit 

The steelers shit the bed against bad teams but also were on the receiving end of some really bad calls that altered their season. (Against the saints and the chargers) 

Our offensive line is dominant and we have a hall of fame quarterback. I like our chances.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Jets release RB Crowell after 1 season

The New York Jets have released running back Isaiah Crowell, the team announced Thursday. The addition of free agent Le'Veon Bell, who agreed to a four-year, $52.5 million contract late Tuesday night, made Crowell expendable.

That was coming obviously.... Once he he expressed his feelings on cop killing through art.. It pretty much made him expendable and not trusted in my view  I get NY signing him last year.. They had nothing else

16 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The steelers shit the bed against bad teams but also were on the receiving end of some really bad calls that altered their season. (Against the saints and the chargers) 

Our offensive line is dominant and we have a hall of fame quarterback. I like our chances.

IF in fact you were on the receiving end of some really bad calls,  you will still likely have to go into the next century (year 2100)  of getting bad calls to make up for all the bad calls that have been made in your favor over the years.

And while you do have a HOF QB....your OL is dismantling.  You lost the most important piece:  Munchak,  and you lost Gilbert I believe.  Now, sure, he was not your best (Castro/Pouncey/Villanova)....  But also not having the same level of skill players could make that OL's job much harder.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

IF in fact you were on the receiving end of some really bad calls,  you will still likely have to go into the next century (year 2100)  of getting bad calls to make up for all the bad calls that have been made in your favor over the years.

And while you do have a HOF QB....your OL is dismantling.  You lost the most important piece:  Munchak,  and you lost Gilbert I believe.  Now, sure, he was not your best (Castro/Pouncey/Villanova)....  But also not having the same level of skill players could make that OL's job much harder.

Saying theyre oline is dismantling is premature.. The Stools Oline are considered the best in the league by some and I would agree.. Villanueva has worked himself into a fine LT.. DeCastro is considered one of the best as his Pos... Pouncy has been a rock at center. Thyre Oline is hitting their prime I believe.. And I think that was a big reason for Connors success

49 minutes ago, nickers said:

Saying theyre oline is dismantling is premature.. The Stools Oline are considered the best in the league by some and I would agree.. Villanueva has worked himself into a fine LT.. DeCastro is considered one of the best as his Pos... Pouncy has been a rock at center. Thyre Oline is hitting their prime I believe.. And I think that was a big reason for Connors success

They are still good players sure, but their best component, their OL coach is gone.

It was like Vag saying that the Steelers defense would be just as good when Dick LeBeau left.   Not even close.

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Boo hoo. The Browns got shafted by a mile offside against the Chargers no call that gave them a gift TD, a lousy spot against the Raiders that prevented us running out the clock, and a head shot to Baker aginst the Bucs that wasn't called.

You however got a gift from the Refs that the league apologized for when Garrett tackled Saint Ben, in case you forgot.

We'll see how Ju-Ju does this year when he's drawing double teams, and your #2 wr is Shazier?

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Boo hoo. The Browns got shafted by a mile offside against the Chargers no call that gave them a gift TD, a lousy spot against the Raiders that prevented us running out the clock, and a head shot to Baker aginst the Bucs that wasn't called.

You however got a gift from the Refs that the league apologized for when Garrett tackled Saint Ben, in case you forgot.

We'll see how Ju-Ju does this year when he's drawing double teams, and your #2 wr is Shazier?

I think for that first one you meant the Ravens, not the Chargers.  (which made the difference in the game).

So, in essence, the refs indeed screwed the Steelers out of a playoff berth.   If not for that bad call, the Browns win that last game....and the Spermsuckers win the division and the Ratfuckers stay home.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I think for that first one you meant the Ravens, not the Chargers.  (which made the difference in the game).

So, in essence, the refs indeed screwed the Steelers out of a playoff berth.   If not for that bad call, the Browns win that last game....and the Spermsuckers win the division and the Ratfuckers stay home.

Yeah that one too... NFLN replayed the game, and I have it on DVR- I'll watch it again when I have some time.

Nope, my memory is fine, sorry it was a false start, not an offside- and it got the Ref who missed it fired...   It was so flagrant, the Browns quit on the play, waiting for the whistle that never came... 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10/25/18023646/nfl-referee-fired-officiating-browns-chargers-missed-false-start

Archived