THE BROWNS BOARD

Earl Thomas Signing with Ratbirds

darren15

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Gotta be Thomas, he wouldn't have let peppers go unless he had an idea he could replace him quick. Peppers hurts, no matter what most of u anti Michigan guys wanna say. Giants got a nice piece. 

Yeah it sucks to see him go. I'll get over it. We got a nicer one. 

I love Earl and he has been my favorite DB since he came from Texas ( wanted him over Haden) 

That said,  it would be a move I'm ehh on.  Coming off injury,  wrong side of 30 and looking for high guaranteed dollars as potentially his last contract.  

On the field wise - he takes over deep center for Randall and/or they become more interchangeable.   Kindred takes over for Pep as the nickel safety/5th man pressure / 8man front.  

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

OSU/Browns fans will forever remember Pep for one bad season out of position and then swapping him for Earl Thomas and OBJ... Lol

Chill the fuck out man. Almost everyone on this board came around on peppers but at the end of the day who would we rather have? Peppers or OBJ and Thomas? Don't be a Homer here. 

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

Chill the fuck out man. Almost everyone on this board came around on peppers but at the end of the day who would we rather have? Peppers or OBJ and Thomas? Don't be a Homer here. 

I'm completely chill. I'm disappointed, but chill

18 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Jason LaCanfora just tweeted it looks like the Browns are signing Earl Thomas

77wT.gif  J69M.gif          Come on Haslem..It's W👀F!! time   

7 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Think both and you are on the right track, also don’t be shocked to see our #2 traded for a stud CB. 

Jalen Ramsey ? Wont sign both as that means we lose Randall 

I dug up some old wishes from my "3-4 defense thread" 😉
This move isn't official yet, so hopefully it falls through..

"...D Randall has been the free safety, he does have decent ball skills; but isn’t an elite FS. Imagine if we had Earl Thomas?..... Cleveland would love Earl Thomas."

...."I wanna stress this again, though: Earl Thomas at free safety.

He plays harder than any safety in the NORTH since Troy P. Of course, his asking price may be too high. But damn, what a potential signing to bolster this defense. "

4 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

Thomas looks like a reach , not a Dorsey kind of move. A 30 year old player coming off an injury doesn’t look right, maybe a lot of smoke for something else brewing elsewhere 

I like his attitude .

1043863410.jpg.1538348318.jpg

A two year piece as a defensive leader.

My question would be: He has always been a free safety, Randall's position. Keep Kindred at SS and move Randall back to corner? We need corner depth.

Zombo

Well... there would go my lack of playoff experience and vet presence arguments... at least in part.

13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

That said,  it would be a move I'm ehh on.  Coming off injury,  wrong side of 30 and looking for high guaranteed dollars as potentially his last contract.  

On the field wise - he takes over deep center for Randall and/or they become more interchangeable.   Kindred takes over for Pep as the nickel safety/5th man pressure / 8man front.  

Still played great prior to injury... fits our short-term cap... a lot more there than "eh"... at least from me.

This is an impact up the middle move if it gets done... just where we need it.

And interchangeability is the key. Wilks loves it...

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

OSU/Browns fans will forever remember Pep for one bad season out of position and then swapping him for Earl Thomas and OBJ... Lol

The defense being shit poor wasn't his fault. Guy balled out and we wouldn't have OBJ if Peppers didn't have a good year. He did what Gregg asked of him. I feel bad for the guy, but our offense is literally a Madden offense now.

Archived