2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

He was not an avg safety c'mon, stop it

Yes he was.   There are 15 guys as good or better then him.  That’s average 

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

He was not an avg safety c'mon, stop it

He was JAG,, Get over it!...

15 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Take your blue glasses off

Jabrilla was a HORRIBLE kick returner and, at best, an average safety. 

If they sign Earl Thomas. The Browns just got better at 3 positions

Safety, Kick Returner and WR

I mean, that's objectively not true, based on PFF grades.

But there's no sense anymore in arguing with people telling me to take off my blue glasses when they have on three pairs of scarlet glasses. 

Whatever. Reality didn't matter to some when he was here, I know it won't matter when those people look back ...

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

But there's no sense anymore in arguing with people telling me to take off my blue glasses when they have on three pairs of scarlet glasses. 

Whatever. Reality didn't matter to some when he was here, I know it won't matter when those people look back ...

Let’s see those grades

looking at NFL stats he was middle of the road or lower in EVERY category 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?conference=null&statisticCategory=&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&role=

20 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

sigh

PFF had him as the #19 safety when all was said and done, his first year in his role, with especially high grades in coverage. They don't distinguish between the type of safety. He's listed as above average. Higher grade than Randall. 

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

sigh

PFF had him as the #19 safety when all was said and done, his first year in his role, with especially high grades in coverage. They don't distinguish between the type of safety. He's listed as above average. Higher grade than Randall. 

Here's the deal Wody...He's gone as of 4pm tomorrow & he is a strong safety, Randall is a free safety. No comparison. Time to let go.

Mike

14 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Here's the deal Wody...He's gone as of 4pm tomorrow & he is a strong safety, Randall is a free safety. No comparison. Time to let go.

Mike

Context.

Within the context of the PFF grades, all safeties are on the same scale. That's what I was referring to. Browns149 came with the normal subjective anti Pep stuff and I was correcting him. One last time. Though as with all of the other instances, it's not worth the time 

I realize he's gone. He'll get to do great over there. Hell, his success is part of the reason the Giants accepted this trade. 

Just understand the context of the post and the "conversation" up to that point.

I'm excited to see the Browns next year. Hope we make some more big signings. Disappointed my guy is gone, but happy to see we have a plan. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Context.

Within the context of the PFF grades, all safeties are on the same scale. That's what I was referring to. Browns149 came with the normal subjective anti Pep stuff and I was correcting him. One last time. Though as with all of the other instances, it's not worth the time 

I realize he's gone. He'll get to do great over there. Hell, his success is part of the reason the Giants accepted this trade. 

Just understand the context of the post and the "conversation" up to that point.

I'm excited to see the Browns next year. Hope we make some more big signings. Disappointed my guy is gone, but happy to see we have a plan. 

I liked Peppers too & wish him well. His potential & late season performance helped us obtain OBJ & I thank him for that. I'm hopeful that we have enough left to get us back into the 1st round. We'll see what happens but I put NOTHING past Dorsey.

Mike

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

He was eminently expendable and replaceable that’s all you have to know. 

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Average at best yes I’m afraid that’s the truth. 

Woody won't want to hear this, but mucking through the fallout on NFL.com- here's what their talking head had to say about Peppers.   

"The Giants said they would have to be "blown away" to consider giving up Beckham, yet he went for a similar draft pick haul to what Sam Bradford inspired before the 2016 season, with a mid-level starting safety in Peppers thrown in."  Safe to say mid level = "average". 

At least Jabril is heading home to where he grew up and can play in front of his family. I do wish him well.   

It's obvious Dorsey has been talking to Thomas for quite sometime because the ink hadn't dried, figuratively speaking, on the obj trade before we started hearing about Earl. And prior to that peppers was not part of any trade rumors. U can be sure the Browns would have GLADLY packaged ogbah in this trade instead of pep because ogbah is now rotational depth...and the giants now need a LDE. But they wanted peppers instead......tells u everything. The giants insisted on peppers.

28 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Dorsey knows he has to build up the defense if he wants to get past Kansas City and beat the Patriots 

Most exciting thing is that we now have a formidable front 4 that can get the ball for us much more often and we have some playmakers who can score for us much more often with he opportunities the D provides. The happiest two players on the Browns right now have to be Baker and Myles. Now they are both provided premier support to do what they do best, wreck other teams on their respective sides of the ball. Additionally we have replaced the worst HC ever in pro football and on of the worst ST coaches in pro ball. The Browns are now "a team to be feared" as I heard last night from Prime Time on NFL Net. He was really happy for all the long suffering Browns fans, as ere all the other commentators. I can hardly  wait to see what other rabbits Buddy Boy pulls out of the hat between now and the 2019 season opener. It's like waking up Xmas morning every day right now.

Peppers "replaces" Landon Collins? lol...

He wasn't a Dorsey pick, Woody... therefore he was expendable.

Also possible he was a not a great fit for Wilks' system... who IIRC likes more interchangeable FS-SS combos... so  we won't lose that much even if Kindred is our starting SS.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Peppers "replaces" Landon Collins? lol...

He wasn't a Dorsey pick, Woody... therefore he was expendable.

Also possible he was a not a great fit for Wilks' system... who IIRC likes more interchangeable FS-SS combos... so  we won't lose that much even if Kindred is our starting SS.

Pep played deep a lot last year, got that pick against Denver, and has a year playing the deepest safety ever (....ha). 

I think this was more about what the Giants wanted than what we were wanting to move. And with some Safeties still out there, I can see why Dorsey did it.

Just bummed to see it when everything this season has been about him being a leader on the D and what not. Oh well

33 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Woody, step back from the ledge. You're upset that we are getting rid of a middle of the road safety for a HoF WR. This hurts the defense, but if we are averaging 72 points a game, then who cares. Our defense is much better than KC on paper.

I'm not nearly as on the ledge as people think. I'm playing it up a little on here.

It isn't a one for one trade. He's above average. I know Odell is elite.

I'm disappointed. I was hoping it'd be Ogbah or something. The Giants clearly wanted Pep. I'm excited to see our new team though 

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Let's just be happy he knows what position Odell plays

I know a few things:

A.  we traded for a Hall of Fame caliber

B. In return gave up what so far has been a mediocre or below producer.   If Peppers has serious talent, it only showed for brief moments.

C. The key to this deal was not Peppers...he was just a throw in so that the Giants could have a body at safety.  The key was the first round pick.

So, clearly, I must know a lot of things you seemingly have no clue about.

Woody... There is hope. Right now former Wolverine Kyle Kalis is the backup at both Center and Guard as far as I can see. And people aren't getting killed after stealing his weed, for all I know.

So there's your new guy.

Z

6 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Woody... There is hope. Right now former Wolverine Kyle Kalis is the backup at both Center and Guard as far as I can see. And people aren't getting killed after stealing his weed, for all I know.

So there's your new guy.

Z

And change your Avatar to a photo of Thom Darden.   A proven Browns All star....leading interceptor in team history.  Well loved by Browns fans.  Will not disappoint.  Michigander as well.

And you gotta love him Rockin' the Fro:

51QrHiyr-BL._SY445_.jpg

Or, if you want an action photo:

defensive-back-thom-darden-of-the-clevel

Archived