THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!

Canton Mike

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty sure I "understood"... but lemme check...

Yup... I did... ;)

Yeah, If I had hit the lottery, I'd want to spend April in Paris too... But I digress, just saw this little blurb.... We will introduce our new stud WR when he feels like it's time... :)  And don't ask stupid questions MKC....  

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Europe-Odell-Beckham-Jr-physical-trade-130525610/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190326_122240_Cleveland Browns&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=CA-1F-A7-07-02-43-35-CA-71-7D-7D-AF-89-03-3E-6C190326_122240ClevelandBrowns

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, If I had hit the lottery, I'd want to spend April in Paris too... But I digress, just saw this little blurb.... We will introduce our new stud WR when he feels like it's time... :)  And don't ask stupid questions MKC....  

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Europe-Odell-Beckham-Jr-physical-trade-130525610/?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=190326_122240_Cleveland Browns&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=CA-1F-A7-07-02-43-35-CA-71-7D-7D-AF-89-03-3E-6C190326_122240ClevelandBrowns

I once spent some of April in Paris....well, actually, it was May 1st when I arrived there.  Springtime though...beautiful.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

And don't ask stupid questions MKC.... 

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Did you just go to Europe too?

H ommitted the noun (OBJ) and Tour asked if it was directed to him the  question about the European vacances...

From Europe with love,

Nero

Q: "What will be the first thing you say when you meet @obj?" Freddie Kitchens: "Umm. I love you? Like, show me how to catch the ball with one hand?"

OBJ responds

Odell Beckham Jr Retweeted Cleveland Browns

😂😂😂 done and done

1 hour ago, Nero said:

From Europe with love,

Wasn't that a James Bond title???

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Did you just go to Europe too?

Year and a half ago... Browns London then chunneled our way to 9 days in France.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Great read, darren, thanks...

My major takeaway is how this is a relationship-driven league when it comes to deal making. The fact that there's 30+ years between the Dorsey-Gettleman connection is testimony to this. But even that is not enough... deals have to be win-win in the minds of the GMs... especially when one (Gettleman in this case) has to endure fan disapproval.

And it's easy to see this latter part in deals JD has made that even his biggest backers 'round here have questioned as to whether we got enough for what we gave up. Sometimes you win a little less now to set up bigger deals in the future.

As big of a Sashi backer as I was, I know this was something he never understood. He tried to win every deal and that doesn't make friends which, unlike player evaluation, was part of his job description. Further he did not have the advantage of the past in football that Dorsey has which led to his relationship with Gettleman.

Other cool bits in the article that caught my eye:

• Kitch being "in the room" (JD's office) during the negotiations... love not only the trust this shows JD has in Kitch, but also the educational growth of Kitch.
  • The Mayfield-Shepard connection that helped OBJ to get comfy with the move to CLE... not something I was aware of prior to this read.
  • Ditto the LBJ-OBJ convo on CLE... namely "You'll love it."
  • Lastly... Jimmah's apparent ease with having given up "control" to JD and... dare I say... apparent patience in saying, " "We're a lot better, but I think you have to realize we're two years away from not winning a game, right?"

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Great read, darren, thanks...

The Mayfield-Shepard connection that helped OBJ to get comfy with the move to CLE... not something I was aware of prior to this read.
Ditto the LBJ-OBJ convo on CLE... namely "You'll love it."

I'm surprised you didn't make that first connection with Shepard having been at Ok with Baker.

And I would think the connection between the two ex-LSU receivers had to be likely one hellofan influence as well.

30 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm surprised you didn't make that first connection with Shepard having been at Ok with Baker.

And I would think the connection between the two ex-LSU receivers had to be likely one hellofan influence as well.

The latter was widely known. I simply did not know of the former as I did not follow Baker prior to his final season at OU.

obj

Them DAWGSSS gon be on go! Ion care what u talkn bout 😤😤 finally get to be off my leash #CountMeIn

Looks like OBJ speaks gumby... :)

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Looks like OBJ speaks gumby... :)

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I thought only the Tupi tribes of the Amazon spoke gumby.🤗

Juicy Fruit gum is for Fruits.. OteI.gif  Mk0o.gif                 Step it up a notch & Join Odel & I in the Big League Chew/chat fest 🤓..  Na-Nu..Na-Nu      

• Haha 1

lol...

I bought a "pouch" of Chew at a minor league baseball game in Newport, RI several years ago. Chewed some and packed the rest away in a travel bag where it remained for a few years. Couple years ago came across it and said, "WTH..."

Took a little more mouth moisture, but it was still chewable.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lol...

I bought a "pouch" of Chew at a minor league baseball game in Newport, RI several years ago. Chewed some and packed the rest away in a travel bag where it remained for a few years. Couple years ago came across it and said, "WTH..."

Took a little more mouth moisture, but it was still chewable.

Roughly 20 or so years ago I went to a dollar store and found packs of unopened 10 year old baseball cards, and bought a few just for kicks. 

Inside the 10 year old pack of baseball cards was a 10 year old, petrified piece of gum that used to come in baseball cards back in the day.

Damn right I chewed it. 🤣

• Haha 2

lol.... but then "card gum" always started petrified...

And it mattered not what the cards were...

baseball... football... civil war... Famous Monsters of Filmland... must be more I'm forgetting.

I do remember Famous Monsters also having a "kinescope" pack with a series of stills you zipped thru producing a "movie". One I vividly remember is the Creature rising up from the Black Lagoon.

Exactly what was that chalky, white "dust" on that gum?

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

For sure, too soon rich, too soon broke.  

You guys might find this interesting about conspicuous consumption by pro athletes.... Has Joe gotten the $1 million Lamborghini repainted black and yellow yet?    http://www.worldemand.com/worldwide/nfl-fortune-2/48

BTW, seems Andrew Luck is a man of the people. His ride? A Honda Accord.  :)  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

For sure, too soon rich, too soon broke.  

You guys might find this interesting about conspicuous consumption by pro athletes.... Has Joe gotten the $1 million Lamborghini repainted black and yellow yet?    http://www.worldemand.com/worldwide/nfl-fortune-2/48

BTW, seems Andrew Luck is a man of the people. His ride? A Honda Accord.  :)  

I just bought myself a Lincoln MKS.  (used...but still sweet)

Good to see Freddie calling it like it is.... He's missed a lot. Time to panic? No - not yet anyway.

However, this dude has been a handful outside the lines his entire pro career, and to think that he'll suddenly change his stripes and fall in line is to believe in the Tooth Fairy. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Well see how this turns out.

The "Me" players of this generation of players irk's me... So  far OBJ seems to be all about himself... That's the feeilng I get..... Not being here with his teamates gives me the impression that he's selfish...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

The "Me" players of this generation of players irk's me... So  far OBJ seems to be all about himself... That's the feeilng I get..... Not being here with his teamates gives me the impression that he's selfish...

< With Beckham not present and his good friend Jarvis Landry on the sideline with a minor injury, quarterback Baker Mayfield has been throwing to backup receivers during practices.

Last week, Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken said that without the team’s top receivers it has been a challenge for Mayfield and for installing the offense.

“You do what you can,” he said. “The most important part is we have a vast majority of our guys here. In terms of your installs, what we’re doing offensively, our calls and our adjustments receiver-wise, it’s obviously a challenge for our quarterbacks in terms of the receiving corps that are out there, but that’s part of the deal. It’s their job to make them right.” > 

^ Yea, it's early, but that doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy........ dude better not pull a hammy when he eventually graces the team with his presence.   

• Upvote 1