THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!

Canton Mike

32 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I won't quote anyone, but it seems that some just want to be contrary to anything.

Just reading through some of the recent threads, BEFORE OBJ was traded, he was a diva. Now that he was traded, never been a diva.

His past, good and bad didn't change. His future can. 

No shit. A lot on here goes through those orange tinted glasses

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As usual on here, this has become a black or white reaction to OBJ becoming a Brown. 

I look at it like this: 

He's a top 5 WR in the NFL who has been injury-prone the last two seasons and can be a major league pain in the ass. 

Sometimes, boys, it can be both ways. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No shit. A lot on here goes through those orange tinted glasses

It just doesn't seem genuine to me when things like that occur. 

And the thing about it isnt, "I did more research and I change my opinion." Its a complete 180, and A LOT of the time it just seems as if it's just opposite of the overwhelming feeling, i.e. causing an argument.

Sure we are all prone to change our mind, especially with evidence, but most don't that quickly, and that often.

I have seen a couple examples recently. Perriman and hes a good resign and then, he will probably fail and be out of league. 

Example I can use, and you are the perfect person for it. If you were to say "I love Peppers, hes going to be great. Once traded, "he now sucks." 

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Seeking Restructured Contract from Browns After Trade

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825350-report-odell-beckham-jr-seeking-restructured-contract-from-browns-after-trade

Following his reported trade to the Cleveland Browns, Odell Beckham Jr. wants to restructure his contract, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns have agreed to send the 17th overall pick in the 2019 draft, a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers to the New York Giants for Beckham.

Beckham's request comes after the Oakland Raiders amended Antonio Brown's contract immediately after they acquired him from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Brown will receive a little over $50.1 million through the 2021 season, up from $38.9 million under the deal's original terms. Brown's guaranteed money also climbed from zero to $30.1 million, per Florio.

Beckham signed a five-year, $90 million extension with the Giants last August, but he has good reason to either seek a new deal or renegotiate the particulars of his current contract.

While he has more than $72.7 million left on his contract, only $16.7 million of that is guaranteed salary, per Over the Cap. That guaranteed money is entirely limited to the 2019 season as well, so Beckham has little in the way of long-term security.

The Browns made a big investment in Beckham by giving up so much for him in Tuesday's trade. However, they would have few hurdles if they wanted to release him at any point beyond this coming season.

To avoid any friction with their newest star, the Browns might agree to restructure Beckham's contract. Adding a few million dollars and increasing his guarantees wouldn't significantly alter their financial flexibility going forward—at least much more than adding his existing contract to the payroll did.   

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

^^ it's totally a different era from the days of Paul & Jim Brown, and Warfield. I do understand Nickers feelings about a guy who for all the world looks like a Diva Showboat. This looks good on paper, but September is a long way off. Cautiously optimistic. 

I do to...reading back, sure seems like I don't. sorry nic ...I only find the level of disgust disproportionate to the offense. Odell's been a huge asshole, but to not consider the why ... Would rather others draw your own conclusions, have mine. 

I guess I understand the differing opinions...but the browns are trying to win a Superb fuking Owl....like, right now...

Probly won't work .... But damn.... No hope in 20+ years and you can't get behind this? 

20 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Seeking Restructured Contract from Browns After Trade

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825350-report-odell-beckham-jr-seeking-restructured-contract-from-browns-after-trade

Following his reported trade to the Cleveland Browns, Odell Beckham Jr. wants to restructure his contract, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns have agreed to send the 17th overall pick in the 2019 draft, a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers to the New York Giants for Beckham.

Beckham's request comes after the Oakland Raiders amended Antonio Brown's contract immediately after they acquired him from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Brown will receive a little over $50.1 million through the 2021 season, up from $38.9 million under the deal's original terms. Brown's guaranteed money also climbed from zero to $30.1 million, per Florio.

Beckham signed a five-year, $90 million extension with the Giants last August, but he has good reason to either seek a new deal or renegotiate the particulars of his current contract.

While he has more than $72.7 million left on his contract, only $16.7 million of that is guaranteed salary, per Over the Cap. That guaranteed money is entirely limited to the 2019 season as well, so Beckham has little in the way of long-term security.

The Browns made a big investment in Beckham by giving up so much for him in Tuesday's trade. However, they would have few hurdles if they wanted to release him at any point beyond this coming season.

To avoid any friction with their newest star, the Browns might agree to restructure Beckham's contract. Adding a few million dollars and increasing his guarantees wouldn't significantly alter their financial flexibility going forward—at least much more than adding his existing contract to the payroll did.   

Fuck you 'Blow me J'

47 minutes ago, nickers said:

Fuck you 'Blow me J'

As Aaron Rodgers said R-E-L-A-X. OBJ might get more money- but any restructuring will be cap friendly. But I do see your point- getting a few million more isn't exactly going to change your lifestyle much.  It's an ego thing, and we all knew Beckham has a huge one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

but it seems that some just want to be contrary to anything.

...IT SEEMS...is the key part of that sentence.  It just 'seems' that way.

I, for one, speak out negativity when I feel it's due.  But you don't hear me bitchin' about this deal.  

Sometimes, the guys 'against' in THIS thread, are the guys in 'favor' on other signings, trades, etc.  We're not all going to like every move Dorsey makes.  Just like we''re not all going to like every play call Kitchens makes during the season.

...............  Me, I'm probably too cheap to have made the deal.  

...but here's what we've done.  We've solidified a highly important position group when it comes to scoring points.  Being able to pass the ball is just sooo important.  Dorsey's got Baker and he sees a champion in him.  He wants to give that kid every possible weapon you can think of.  Look at the backfield Baker has.  The TE's - Njoku and they've kept DeValve.  -  Every possible weapon at his disposal.

Think;  Marino, Duper & Clayton

Mayfield, Beckham & Landry

My last thought....

If White falls to 17 in the draft, I will be pissed.

Ty Williams was in play. Signed a $44/4-yr deal with OAK.

White + Williams + Peppers + a 3rd > OBJ

• Upvote 2

Gettleman traded a 4th round pick for Andy Lee which was turned into Jarvis Landry. So he was responsible for both Landry and OBJ ending up in Cleveland .....THANKS DAVE :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Orion said:

...IT SEEMS...is the key part of that sentence.  It just 'seems' that way.

I, for one, speak out negativity when I feel it's due.  But you don't hear me bitchin' about this deal.  

Sometimes, the guys 'against' in THIS thread, are the guys in 'favor' on other signings, trades, etc.  We're not all going to like every move Dorsey makes.  Just like we''re not all going to like every play call Kitchens makes during the season.

...............  Me, I'm probably too cheap to have made the deal.  

...but here's what we've done.  We've solidified a highly important position group when it comes to scoring points.  Being able to pass the ball is just sooo important.  Dorsey's got Baker and he sees a champion in him.  He wants to give that kid every possible weapon you can think of.  Look at the backfield Baker has.  The TE's - Njoku and they've kept DeValve.  -  Every possible weapon at his disposal.

Think;  Marino, Duper & Clayton

Mayfield, Beckham & Landry

I get that part, I'm not saying being against someone opinion is wrong, its usually the same ones on the opposite side, and the key is actually arguing about it. But even worse, is when there is the same subject, and someone takes the opposite side. That is what I am speaking of 

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Gettleman traded a 4th round pick for Andy Lee which was turned into Jarvis Landry. So he was responsible for both Landry and OBJ ending up in Cleveland .....THANKS DAVE :)

And Dave in his great wisdom hired our retread Pat Shur-loss HC to guide the Giants to- the #1 overall pick in the 2020 Draft?  I have to put them the leader in the Clubhouse for that dishonor at this early stage.  Listening to the recording of Good Morning Football from a couple days ago post OBJ trade, they said the Giants have Saquon and Eli- and not much else. Not enough. Winning now with Eli is "like expecting Old Yeller to win the Westminster Dog Show".  :D 

On 3/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, nickers said:

I have been a fan since 1970.. I'll just leave you with this.. Paul Brown always hated self serviant players..He would always say.. "Act like you have been here before".. Pretty much saying.. "Don't be an Asshole... Paul Warfield wasn't an asshole.. Neither was Jerry Rice.. This mother fucker has 0 class.... he reminds me of Andre Rison.. the original Diva...

This is a completely different era.  We have to deal with the fact that time's changed and the majority of decent players are OBJ "like".  Do I like it, no.  But in order to be a decent team today, that's what we have to live with. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And Dave in his great wisdom hired our retread Pat Shur-loss HC to guide the Giants to- the #1 overall pick in the 2020 Draft?  I have to put them the leader in the Clubhouse for that dishonor at this early stage.  Listening to the recording of Good Morning Football from a couple days ago post OBJ trade, they said the Giants have Saquon and Eli- and not much else. Not enough. Winning now with Eli is "like expecting Old Yeller to win the Westminster Dog Show".  :D 

Precisely.    Where does it say that the Giants have to be good.

Did you know that the NFL went through the ENTIRE decade of the 1970s  with neither the Giants nor the Jets making the playoffs?   That is right, the whole City of New York went at least 10 consecutive years without a team making the playoffs........yet the NFL survived pretty well it seems to me.

So, no, we don't need the Giants to be any good.  They can suck for the next 10 years.