THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!

Canton Mike

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

They've never been stacked like this. The RB, QB,WR and DL read "almost" like pro bowl selections. Its stupid talented. 

Our front 4 may end up being discussed as a historically good line. I just hope the coaches pace them cause we have good depth all over that line. Now with earl Thomas in the secondary?  I mean fuucckk me....

Only thing we need to do is find Collins replacement. I wish we wouldn't have let Vallejo walk. 

We don't have Thomas.

4 minutes ago, choco said:

so youd rather lose with quior boys then?  isn't that the past 20+ years being a browns fan?

I have been a fan since 1970.. I'll just leave you with this.. Paul Brown always hated self serviant players..He would always say.. "Act like you have been here before".. Pretty much saying.. "Don't be an Asshole... Paul Warfield wasn't an asshole.. Neither was Jerry Rice.. This mother fucker has 0 class.... he reminds me of Andre Rison.. the original Diva...

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have been a fan since 1970.. I'll just leave with this.. Paul Brown always hated self serviant players..He would always say.. "Act like you have been here before".. Pretty much saying.. "Don't be an Asshole... Paul Warfield wasn't an asshole.. Neither was Jerry Rice.. This mother fucker has 0 class..

He has some class:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/52453/odell-beckham-jr-makes-special-trip-to-visit-sick-texas-boy

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/odell-beckham-jr-will-donate-500-000-to-repair-louisiana-fields-092416

Is he a diva on the field? Sure. He's high maintenance. Dorsey has the confidence our culture will overcome that, and with Baker as the commander and OBJs best friend already leading the WR room ... we can pull this off.

Can't find a reason to doubt Dorsey yet.

Z

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have been a fan since 1970.. I'll just leave you with this.. Paul Brown always hated self serviant players..He would always say.. "Act like you have been here before".. Pretty much saying.. "Don't be an Asshole... Paul Warfield wasn't an asshole.. Neither was Jerry Rice.. This mother fucker has 0 class.... he reminds me of Andre Rison.. the original Diva...

OBJ was disappointed by the offense that Pat Shurmur ran.....we are talking about Pat Fucking Shurmur.   Whose side do you think we should take on that.

Other than expressing that, OBJ has not done one bad thing to show he is a "Diva".   Except that he plays flambouyantly....and outstandingly.

So, perhaps that is what you think constituted "Diva".     A guy that plays really good.

You also have to understand that anything he did got massively overblown by the fact that he played in New York.

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OBJ was disappointed by the offense that Pat Shurmur ran.....we are talking about Pat Fucking Shurmur.   Whose side do you think we should take on that.

Other than expressing that, OBJ has not done one bad thing to show he is a "Diva".   Except that he plays flambouyantly....and outstandingly.

So, perhaps that is what you think constituted "Diva".     A guy that plays really good.

You also have to understand that anything he did got massively overblown by the fact that he played in New York.

Really?.. Like that time he went to Florida when he was supposed to be at practice.. Yeah.. Whatever gip....

I woke up to this news this morning and I couldn't believe it. 

I'm concerned with: 1. Cap space, 2. OBJ joining the locker room, 3. A loopsided passing offensive team: I know it's a passing league, but I wouldn't like to replicate KC and Rams issues. Both teams had great offenses but if they don't get the job done (missing Hunt, Gurley injured) they suffer a lot. I prefer having a well-rounded team and at the moment I see an awesome offense (let's hope the OL doesn't resent too much) and a defense with some holes in LB and DB corps. 

I'm sad to see Peppers leave but I understand both that Giants had to replace Collins and that #22 so far hasn't completely lived up to the pick he was taken with. I think we won the deal.

Anyway, I think that Mayfield has a strong non-diva character (unlike diva Big Ben or sad Eli Manning) and Cleveland is not New York. Add that to the friendship between Landry and Odell and we might have an awesome tandem in the makings.

I hope this one works. Go Browns.

Been hearing from multiple sources that Beckham is LOVED in the locker room.. If by Diva you mean "pay me some money", then you're damn right, we are all divas.. I would leave my work right now if someone offered me another 10K a year, why should he be any different... 

Now being a dick like Bell and Brown isn't cool.. Like me purposely tanking my job so they fire me and put me on unemployment.. That is extortion and the league should be able to stop a player from doing that.

We are all expendable and my work would fire me tomorrow if they felt it would help their bottom line. There are very few organizations that can use the "Loyalty" card to keep their players, Pittsburgh was one of them(not so much now :) ). and maybe the Patriots.

We are showing him the money and there are no indications whatsoever that he will be a cancer in the locker room... I only fear his off field mouth might become a distraction.. That is a real worry.. But nothing has shown him to be a locker room cancer.

BobPound!

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

Really?.. Like that time he went to Florida when he was supposed to be at practice.. Yeah.. Whatever gip....

I don't think he actually missed any practices.  In fact, several of his teammates were with him on that trip....so if practices were missed, they all missed them.   Are they all Divas?

8 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Been hearing from multiple sources that Beckham is LOVED in the locker room.. If by Diva you mean "pay me some money", then you're damn right, we are all divas.. I would leave my work right now if someone offered me another 10K a year, why should he be any different... 

Now being a dick like Bell and Brown isn't cool.. Like me purposely tanking my job so they fire me and put me on unemployment.. That is extortion and the league should be able to stop a player from doing that.

We are all expendable and my work would fire me tomorrow if they felt it would help their bottom line. There are very few organizations that can use the "Loyalty" card to keep their players, Pittsburgh was one of them(not so much now :) ). and maybe the Patriots.

We are showing him the money and there are no indications whatsoever that he will be a cancer in the locker room... I only fear his off field mouth might become a distraction.. That is a real worry.. But nothing has shown him to be a locker room cancer.

BobPound!

Certainly NOT the Patriots.  They are loyal to only Tom Brady.  Everyone else can hit the road as far as they are concerned.....and they have shown the door to many, many contributing players.

NO, not the Patriots.  

40 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The field goal net tirade while crying, headbutting a giant fan (cooling device) when things werent going his way, the calling out and criticism of his teammates in an espn interview. Eerily similar to a guy everyone here loved to rightfully call a diva, Antonio Brown, with his Gatorade table tirade and his public calling out of big gay Ben. 

There is more to it than just hating shurmur's offense.

Edited by bjh2130
Wanted to make it clear he didn't headbut a person but a metal fan

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think he actually missed any practices.  In fact, several of his teammates were with him on that trip....so if practices were missed, they all missed them.   Are they all Divas?

Wrap your head around this , Gip...

https://pagesix.com/2017/05/24/odell-beckham-jr-skipping-practice-to-hang-with-new-girlfriend-iggy-azalea/

22 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

I only fear his off field mouth might become a distraction.. That is a real worry.. But nothing has shown him to be a locker room cancer.

BobPound!

His off the field mouth questioning other players' hearts and criticism of them is what leads to locker room division or cancer if you will

OBJ did not start being a problem last year... he just perfected it last year.

46 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He has some class:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/52453/odell-beckham-jr-makes-special-trip-to-visit-sick-texas-boy

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/odell-beckham-jr-will-donate-500-000-to-repair-louisiana-fields-092416

Is he a diva on the field? Sure. He's high maintenance. Dorsey has the confidence our culture will overcome that, and with Baker as the commander and OBJs best friend already leading the WR room ... we can pull this off.

Can't find a reason to doubt Dorsey yet.

PR and a tax deduction?

It may work... certainly if we are winning that will help... a lot. That said...

Our culture is not yet firmly rooted. Hell... we had none under Hue and Kitch wasn't the HC when the seeds were sewn. That would be Williams that did the planting. So the culture is TBD.

If Landry is indeed OBJ's best bud, then that may well help, but remember it was Landry that "acted out" on the field repeatedly last season and was flagged for it at least twice that I can remember.

9 minutes ago, choco said:

Sorry, don't care about your, or Paul browns ancient opinion on how players should act today. I'll be over here happy the browns have players to compete while you wallow in losing with dignity.

Don't choke too hard on "Blow Me J's" Cock.. take it nice and slow... Have a nice day...

My biggest concern is making sure everyone gets fed to keep them happy. Now, the great thing about Baker is he distributes the ball well and doesn't zero in on targets, you get open, you get the ball. So I don't think that should be a problem. OBJ I believe felt like they didn't throw the ball down the field enough, too much underneath, and given his talent as a deep threat I understand that, of course he probably could have communicated those concerns in a different way. Again, Baker seems to always look for the deep shot, or at least does so a lot of the time, so I don't think that will be an issue here. The benefits of OBJ in my opinion out weigh any risk. He will come ready to play from day one in my opinion. If not just to prove the Giants wrong for trading him.

Last time these two were together.. You have Jeremy Hill a so-so running back who racked up over 1400 yards and Zach Mettenberger a pretty much nobody now racked up over 3k yards..

OH and each of them earned over 1000 yards receiving and 18 TDs combined...

And they are BETTER now with Chubb and Baker and Njoku and Calloway as their team mates... If this doesn't get you excited, you are dead..

The mismatches are going to be monumental.. The only thing that could derail this(baring injury) is if Baker has an aneurysm with the plethora of choices he has on every down :):)..

Player Att Cmp Pct Yds YPA TD TD% Int Int% Lg Sack Loss Rate
Zach Mettenberger 296 192 64.9 3,082 10.4 22 7.4 8 2.7 63t 21 163 171.4

Player Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
Jarvis Landry 77 1,193 15.49 45 10
Odell Beckham Jr. 59 1,152 19.53 63t 8

Player Att Gain Loss Yds Avg Lg TD
Jeremy Hill 203 1,423 22 1,401 6.90 69t 16

45 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

The field goal net tirade while crying, headbutting a giant fan (cooling device) when things werent going his way, the calling out and criticism of his teammates in an espn interview. Eerily similar to a guy everyone here loved to rightfully call a diva, Antonio Brown, with his Gatorade table tirade and his public calling out of big gay Ben. 

There is more to it than just hating shurmur's offense.

But hating Shurmur's offense makes up for it all.

You don't like OBJ being on this team?   Choose another team. 

You want a Diva free football team?   Stick to rooting for your local DIII college team.  Mount Union has a good one.  My preferences are Kenyon and Trinity (TX)

Or you can root for the Cleveland State football team.  No divas there.  (of course, there is no football team there either)

43 minutes ago, nickers said:

Like I told BJ.....you want a Diva free team....go root for your DIII college team.  No one makes you be a Browns fan, nor participate on this forum.

I personally am not going to fucking worry about it.  I will only worry about what he does for the Cleveland Browns.

1 hour ago, BobPOUND! said:

1)Now being a dick like Bell and Brown isn't cool.. Like me purposely tanking my job so they fire me and put me on unemployment.. That is extortion and the league should be able to stop a player from doing that.

2) We are all expendable and my work would fire me tomorrow if they felt it would help their bottom line. There are very few organizations that can use the "Loyalty" card to keep their players, Pittsburgh was one of them(not so much now :) ). and maybe the Patriots.

3) We are showing him the money and there are no indications whatsoever that he will be a cancer in the locker room... I only fear his off field mouth might become a distraction.. That is a real worry.. But nothing has shown him to be a locker room cancer.

BobPound!

1) This isn't entirely new. If you're old enough to remember- Eric Dickerson walked off the field (against the Browns no less in a MNF game) and got himself traded. 

2) I'll tend to agree with Gipper about the Patriots. The only constant is Robert Kraft's undying loyalty to "he's like a son to me" Tom Brady. I'd bet some serious money if Billy B. had had his way he would have shipped Brady "diminishing skills" out of town for multiple high picks, and gone with Garoppolo  to ensure the long term success of the Pats.

3) Remains to be seen.  

40 minutes ago, choco said:

Sorry, don't care about your, or Paul browns ancient opinion on how players should act today. I'll be over here happy the browns have players to compete while you wallow in losing with dignity.

^^ it's totally a different era from the days of Paul & Jim Brown, and Warfield. I do understand Nickers feelings about a guy who for all the world looks like a Diva Showboat. This looks good on paper, but September is a long way off. Cautiously optimistic. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But hating Shurmur's offense makes up for it all.

You don't like OBJ being on this team?   Choose another team. 

You want a Diva free football team?   Stick to rooting for your local DIII college team.  Mount Union has a good one.  My preferences are Kenyon and Trinity (TX)

Or you can root for the Cleveland State football team.  No divas there.  (of course, there is no football team there either)

Lol where did i say i don't like him being on the team. I expressed i was very happy giving up what we gave to get a top 5 wide receiver. Cautious because of his propensity to call out teammates and potentially cause division but optimistic none the less. I merely pointed out the other instances where he has acted like a primadonna because i thought maybe you had forgotten or were unaware, since you stated he had not done one single thing to merit being called a diva and just attributed it all to hating shurmur offense.

6 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Lol where did i say i don't like him being on the team. I expressed i was very happy giving up what we gave to get a top 5 wide receiver. Cautious because of his propensity to call out teammates and potentially cause division but optimistic none the less. I merely pointed out the other instances where he has acted like a primadonna because i thought maybe you had forgotten or were unaware, since you stated he had not done one single thing to merit being called a diva and just attributed it all to hating shurmur offense.

Well....maybe I had forgotten...or didn't know in the first place because I don't pay all that much attention to this sort of thing, particularly when it involves some team that the Browns rarely play.  I do know that in a radio interview this morning on WKNR, Josina Anderson was on their and was asked if  OBJ  was a malcontent and a locker room problem....and she said No, not at all, that he is very well liked and respected in the Giant's lockerroom and the only discontent he showed was some disagreement with the offense that his current HC runs.

And, if YOU recall, we ALL here had a lot of discontent with the offense that Shurmur ran when he was here.

In fact, you could possibly find some on here that still think that  Shurmur was a worse HC for the Browns than even Hue Jackson was. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Like I told BJ.....you want a Diva free team....go root for your DIII college team.  No one makes you be a Browns fan, nor participate on this forum.

I personally am not going to fucking worry about it.  I will only worry about what he does for the Cleveland Browns.

Fine don't get your thong in a bunch...

8 hours ago, Frenchie said:

Maybe so but he got open and made outstanding play after play. Listen, I’m a Browns fan and I love Dorsey and everything he’s done to date. So if he’s happy with this move, so am I. However, IMHO, we didn’t need OBJ. Mayfield had plenty of targets in Jarvis, Calloway, Perriman, Higgins on reasonable contracts and team oriented mentalities. The more pressing need was defense. We have the D-line now but need to improve the other position groups - especially linebackers. I guess we will see in 8 months if this was the right move. Dorsey has proved me wrong two or three times already!

I understand you to a point but man we just acquired a WR who is only 26 and who on a per game basis is 2nd only to Julio Jones in yards per game in the history of the NFL. The accuracy of Baker and Kitchens offense is going to make this a historical marriage. 

I won't quote anyone, but it seems that some just want to be contrary to anything.

Just reading through some of the recent threads, BEFORE OBJ was traded, he was a diva. Now that he was traded, never been a diva.

His past, good and bad didn't change. His future can. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2