THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!

Canton Mike

On 3/12/2019 at 8:02 PM, Canton Mike said:

Garafalo just stated Beckham is a Brown!

OH YEAH!!!

Mike

Tell, you what Mike.   When you told me LAST SPRING you had this feeling OBJ would be a Cleveland Brown within the next year - I thought you got into your grandson's glue.   Another time you brought it up, I didn't want to buzz kill those nice cold Leg Humpers you were powering down.  All I could say is I'll believe that when I see it.  I almost called you an ambulance when you said "Just remember who told you first."  Well done my man!

Way to go Dorsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nickers said:

I wanted to get Devin White.. But that aint happening now..

I wanted him too, but I just want to see how many more rabbits Dorsey can pull out of his magic hat!!! Don't rule ANYTHING out!

Mike

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jcam222 said:

God if you want to laugh a bit go on over and visit the Giants Reddit, its going through a nuclear holocaust. 

I can't remember anything like this.Browns fans now have targets on them 🎯.lmao..personally, I can't wait to watch the Mike Florio's,Rodney Harrison's & Rod Woodson's of the world, squirm like a worm talking Browns....Steve Smith sounds like he wants to hide under a rock..Wear that Browns garb with pride fellas & Enjoy this Ride..far well deserved..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frenchie said:

What about Perriman did you not love last year? Speed, height, caught everything thrown to him. He was a monster.

He rounds off his routes.  Not a crisp route runner at all.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

He rounds off his routes.  Not a crisp route runner at all.

Maybe so but he got open and made outstanding play after play. Listen, I’m a Browns fan and I love Dorsey and everything he’s done to date. So if he’s happy with this move, so am I. However, IMHO, we didn’t need OBJ. Mayfield had plenty of targets in Jarvis, Calloway, Perriman, Higgins on reasonable contracts and team oriented mentalities. The more pressing need was defense. We have the D-line now but need to improve the other position groups - especially linebackers. I guess we will see in 8 months if this was the right move. Dorsey has proved me wrong two or three times already!

6 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Maybe so but he got open and made outstanding play after play. Listen, I’m a Browns fan and I love Dorsey and everything he’s done to date. So if he’s happy with this move, so am I. However, IMHO, we didn’t need OBJ. Mayfield had plenty of targets in Jarvis, Calloway, Perriman, Higgins on reasonable contracts and team oriented mentalities. The more pressing need was defense. We have the D-line now but need to improve the other position groups - especially linebackers. I guess we will see in 8 months if this was the right move. Dorsey has proved me wrong two or three times already!

Frenchie I am with you...  We waited nearly 20 years with the new Browns to get here. I was OK making some strides into the upcoming year with the base team we had last year..

Here are my fears.. If we start gutting what made the team special last year by getting rid of core people like Peppers and Fells and Zeitler and likely Johnson(the next shoe to drop) we are going to lose the total buy in we got from our team last year.. I can only hope that all these big egos and big names(AND BIG PAYCHECKS) doesn't turn us into gun for hire team. We did so well last year with a bunch of nobodies and rookies..

I fear we are also eating our seed corn for a fast climb up the ladder.. But I will be bitterly disappointed if we do really well next year(unless we actually win the SB) only to find the next season we have to start over again because all these big names want us to show them the money...

For now I will bask in the glory that we suddenly find ourselves in...  No games have been played in 2019, so the sky is the limit.. I will trust Dorsey. And I will trust the process.

But HOW we get to the top to me is very important.. I don't want a team filled with big egos and guns for hire.

BobPound! 

• Like 1

Trade has been revised ..... as part of the deal we swap back the 4th and 5th round picks we exchanged in the Vewrnon trade ....so now we have 155 again

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Saw some potential fallout on another board what this might mean- at least from the Giants perspective.... If Kingsbury really is going to shop Rosen & take Murray,  the #17 the G-Men got from the Browns would be plenty enough to get that deal done... 

So they traded OBJ for potentially Rosen and Peppers?

And then you wait ten years trying to find Rosen the next OBJ...

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

So they traded OBJ for potentially Rosen and Peppers?

And then you wait ten years trying to find Rosen the next OBJ...

Zombo

You're generally don't need an elite WR to win a SB. But having a great QB is much more important. (Whether or not Rosen is great remains to be seen)

Wow... Well there goes Devin White... and yet another non-Dorsey pick gets the gate...

Well, I guess our brain-trust's take is that our locker room is ready for a prima donna. I have my doubts. Personally I do not see the vet leadership well enough established, but we shall see.

I put the O/U on BM/OBJ 2019 sideline clashes at 4.5... and I think I'll take the over...

One thing that disturbs me about OBJ... He looks slower than a turtle.. He has shifty feet and great hands.. But a burner he is not!

Prolly has lost a step due to injuryies, but agree that he's still plenty fast enough... especially given his catch radius.

Plus we have speed in other WRs still on the roster to threaten deep opening crosses for OBJ.

I think with an accurate QB and OBJ we are going to see a lot of back shoulder completions

59 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wow... Well there goes Devin White... and yet another non-Dorsey pick gets the gate...

Well, I guess our brain-trust's take is that our locker room is ready for a prima donna. I have my doubts. Personally I do not see the vet leadership well enough established, but we shall see.

I put the O/U on BM/OBJ 2019 sideline clashes at 4.5... and I think I'll take the over...

Somewhat similar to my sentiments but I think the difference in mentality between Eli and Baker might be the real difference.    I don't think our QB will take any shit and isn't afraid to say as much.  

I'm cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Somewhat similar to my sentiments but I think the difference in mentality between Eli and Baker might be the real difference.    I don't think our QB will take any shit and isn't afraid to say as much.  

I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Not the 1st time we've been of like mind...

Agree that Baker won't shy from a sideline confrontation and while not "optimistic", I agree that it could work out as it seems/seemed to have for other teams. Just need to keep it face-to-face and not let any "stuff" be communicated via the press.

53 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Ran a 4.43 back at the combine.. I wouldn't say that is slow..

That was 4 years ago.. He has sustained injuries and lost a step...

So when looking at the trade i looked at it two ways. If you look at what we gave up to get a top 5 wide receiver in the league talent wise we fleeced them and won the trade big time. Like If we had made this trade for deandre Hopkins who is not a prima Donna then I'm over the moon excited. I am not all out celebrating the trade because of the potential locker room cancer of obj. Hopefully he keeps his head on straight. 

23 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

He will recover homie.. 

OBJ is a Brown! I came like 5 times yesterday to this!

FAP FAP FAP!

* Now we need a S...*

He is a basket case we did NOT need!

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Considering Landry will probably bump up to his historic level of 100 catches, then you have OBJ and Callaway. Perriman might have wound up only being used in three WR sets- not what you want if you're looking to have a breakout year to cash in on. 

ah, great point !

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Considering Landry will probably bump up to his historic level of 100 catches,

Only if we play with two footballs... ;)

When I heard the news last night, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  We literally should be favored in the div this season.  I got on the site just to see what everyone was posting, didn't respond though.  Been a huge browns fan and now it's paying off.  Good DC and OC.  We'll have to see what Kitchens will be like as HC, but I expect much from this team.  Not to mention our FA moves:  Sheldon Richardson and Olivea Vernon.   So excited, Go Browns!!!!