THE BROWNS BOARD

OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!

Canton Mike

1 hour ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Why? They should be happy that Odell is off the team. It’s us Browns fans who should be upset. 

Go away loser!

Mike

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Go away loser!

Mike

He gone for a month or three, Zombo gave him a timeout... 

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

I think Baking Up Turnovers is Grossi ......

Nope, just a guy who thinks the Browns should only draft choir boys... 

10 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

This makes me almost forget 0-16. remember Sashi died for this.

And his death was not in vain. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I posted this in the Woody suicide watch thread, but it bears repeating here....  

A bit of history- in reverse. To get Julio Jones, Atlanta traded up from #24 to #6 (18 slots) and gave the Browns #24, their second & 4th, and first & 4th the following year. 

To get OBJ, the Browns Traded the #17 to the Giants. (moving down 32 slots to our second round pick), the low third we got from the Patriots, and Jabril. Sound about equal value? If you rate Beckham the same as Julio- I guess so.   

I do. The man put up those numbers with a hobbling Eli for 5 years. And he's 4 years younger than Julio.

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No I think his indignation was completely phony it was just meant to be contrary. 

I believe the guy really was being sincere. That character matters more than talent. 1st, going off on Baker, 2nd only showing up after we trade for Beckham. It would be impossible to field a team of players (especially star players) with high enough moral background to keep him happy. MHO

If you remember, he still wouldn't get off Mayfield's case even after it was pointed out to him the numerous charitable causes and things Baker was doing- both at Oklahoma and then the Browns. Couldn't let running from the police and the crotch grab go. So we let him go stew for a few months with a time out. 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I believe the guy really was being sincere. That character matters more than talent. 1st, going off on Baker, 2nd only showing up after we trade for Beckham. It would be impossible to field a team of players (especially star players) with high enough moral background to keep him happy. MHO

If you remember, he still wouldn't get off Mayfield's case even after it was pointed out to him the numerous charitable causes and things Baker was doing- both at Oklahoma and then the Browns. Couldn't let running from the police and the crotch grab go. So we let him go stew for a few months with a time out. 

Yes he wouldn’t get off baker ergo evidence of his phoniness

In Dorsey I trust but if I were the GM, I don’t make this trade. Perriman just agreed to terms and he could have been just as productive at 1/4 of the price and the ego. Package 17 and a few picks to move up and get an ILB. Keep Peppers. 

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes he wouldn’t get off baker ergo evidence of his phoniness

Then call him a flamebaiting troll if you wish. He won't be bothering us until after the draft. 

It should be noted, that I think, OBJ will be the Browns' Tyreek Hill, courtesy of Dorsey.

and, Mr. Canton Mike actually has been bringing up OBJ trade to the Browns to me for months. It got worse this off-season.

I kept thinking "oh, lol, here we go again..."

When he called and told me, I figured he was just being a goof.

Nope. They really DID make the trade?

Dammit. Now Canton Mike is going to be a pain. Yes, I was freaking wrong.

dammit.

lol

btw, just what was wrong with Perriman that he wanted to go elsewhere?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

In Dorsey I trust but if I were the GM, I don’t make this trade. Perriman just agreed to terms and he could have been just as productive at 1/4 of the price and the ego. Package 17 and a few picks to move up and get an ILB. Keep Peppers. 

I wanted to get Devin White.. But that aint happening now..

2 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Regarding Perriman, it remains to be seen if his one season in Cleveland cured his dropitis, the reason the Ravens parted ways with him.  

One thing that's not debatable is Beckham has some of the best hands in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Perriman, it remains to be seen if his one season in Cleveland cured his dropitis, the reason the Ravens parted ways with him.  

One thing that's not debatable is Beckham has some of the best hands in the NFL. 

Baltimore was history. What about Perriman did you not love last year? Speed, height, caught everything thrown to him. He was a monster.

3 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It should be noted, that I think, OBJ will be the Browns' Tyreek Hill, courtesy of Dorsey.

and, Mr. Canton Mike actually has been bringing up OBJ trade to the Browns to me for months. It got worse this off-season.

dammit.

lol

Considering Landry will probably bump up to his historic level of 100 catches, then you have OBJ and Callaway. Perriman might have wound up only being used in three WR sets- not what you want if you're looking to have a breakout year to cash in on. 

Just now, Frenchie said:

Baltimore was history. What about Perriman did you not love last year? Speed, height, caught everything thrown to him. He was a monster.

Or a one year wonder? Sure, I thought Perriman had a nice season in very limited playing time, but Beckham is elite, and has proved it over several years. That until Odell showed up, Breshad was willing to take a one year "prove it wasn't a fluke" deal tells me all I need to know.  16 receptions for 340 yards and 2 tds didn't warrant any more in Dorsey's mind- and that's the only mind that matters. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I think thats overstating Perriman. OBJ will demand double teams, he will make things easier for the other WRs and the RBs. Perriman, would not do that. I liked what he did with us, but these two WRs aren't comparable.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The Browns are back

They've never been stacked like this. The RB, QB,WR and DL read "almost" like pro bowl selections. Its stupid talented. 

Our front 4 may end up being discussed as a historically good line. I just hope the coaches pace them cause we have good depth all over that line. Now with earl Thomas in the secondary?  I mean fuucckk me....

Only thing we need to do is find Collins replacement. I wish we wouldn't have let Vallejo walk. 

6 hours ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Great. Another loud mouth know it all player. Him and Baker are perfect for each other I guess. What is Dorsey doing?

You disliking this trade is the push I needed to like it even more.

an absolute a+

the centerpiece of the trade is the 1st round pick.  Obj for a mid first rounder + filler?  Especially when you look at how the giants already take a bit of the cap hit.....amazing.

anytime you have a chance to get an absolute premium player, especially at a high value position, you pounce if what you are giving up is reasonable.  When you draft #17(he’ll when you draft #3), the absolute best case scenario is to find a player like Beckham.  We get that, and barring injury we get an absolute a+ premium player who will be in his absolute prime the next few years.

as for the 3rd and peppers....eh, it’s a late third and peppers is worth a 4th on the trade market.  I know that hurts some people to hear, but it’s reality.  Look at banwells lead article on espn right now.  Look at other barnwell types who can assess value- all the same phrases....mid round pick, 4th round pick, etc....he plays one of the least premium positions on the whole field and he is completely replaceable.  So in addition to the mid first we gave up a late 3rd and a 4th.....for a TRUE PREMIUM PLAYER AT A PREMIUM POSITION IN HIS PRIME EHILE WE HAVE HIM.  

that’s why we are getting a grades from everyone on this trade.  You have to look at the whole picture.  Huge day for Browns fans

View image on Twitter

Caption what is being said ........ 
Dorsey ......... OK now we will give you Dontrel Hilliard, Seth DeValve and a 7th rounder in 2020 for Saquon

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

dammit.

lol

Thanks Cal. As you recall, right after OBJ signed with the Giants last year, I said he would be a Brown in 2019. Now I still want Higgins too.

Mike