THE BROWNS BOARD

Richardson knock on effect

darren15

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

... or go up and get White!!! ;)

Honestly, if for some odd reason either Devin (Bush or White) slip a bit into the 12ish range I wouldn't be opposed at all to using some draft capital to move up. Adding a potential playmaker like that to this defense would seriously make it potentially dominant.

Not nearly as concerned about CB need to be honest. I think a lot of folks are forgetting how strong Mitchell was playing before his injury, and Randall/Ward/Peppers (likely) are locked in starters. I'm not super down on carrie and gaines as the back-ups either, to me that's an above average unit.

3 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I keep reading "knock on effect" and I don't get the wording, although I know what you mean ... Are you British or something?

Z

Yes British born been in USA since 2005 but been a Browns fan since mid 1980s

1 minute ago, darren15 said:

Yes British born been in USA since 2005 but been a Browns fan since mid 1980s

Ah, Ok. It was not a typo then.

I say the knock on effect is that DT is now a Day 2 need, WR tops my list of needs now, but I think we still have some twists and turns ahead of us before the draft.

Z

Just now, Zombo said:

I say the knock on effect is that DT is now a Day 2 need, WR tops my list of needs now, but I think we still have some twists and turns ahead of us before the draft.

Z

Given that I put  Sir Laurence Olivier at DE, and Richardson at DT...(along with Obi/McGarrett/Ogbah etc.)....and give that we let go of Collins, I still see that OLB position as our 1st priority need.  After that I put the WR/DB/OL   as about equal needs.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, interpret it.  What does "knock on effect" mean?

Something that is caused by a previous occurrence ..... for example ............... the price of hops have gone up which will cause a knock on effect making beer more expensive ...... so we sign Richardson and will it have a knock on effect in the draft meaning we no longer need a defensive lineman :)

29 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Something that is caused by a previous occurrence ..... for example ............... the price of hops have gone up which will cause a knock on effect making beer more expensive ...... so we sign Richardson and will it have a knock on effect in the draft meaning we no longer need a defensive lineman :)

I've had a knocked up effect on my wife a couple of times, but never a knocked on one. 😘

3 minutes ago, bermeck08 said:

Greedy Williams 

ward / Williams ( Dixon / minnifeild )

80’s flash back, 😐 

Bermeck ( no moving down, screw that... DB or OL)

There would be nothing wrong with that......though I still think LB is priority.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

We will take care of needs in free agency.  The draft is where we add the icing.

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Given that I put  Sir Laurence Olivier at DE, and Richardson at DT...(along with Obi/McGarrett/Ogbah etc.)....and give that we let go of Collins, I still see that OLB position as our 1st priority need.  After that I put the WR/DB/OL   as about equal needs.

Beat me to it Gipper. About exactly as I see it...  Shobert needs some help. But if we sign Tyrell Williams (rumored it's between us and the Colts) That jumps DB ahead of WR...  

"WR Tyrell Williams – It was another impressive season for the former undrafted free agent as Williams finished with 41 catches for 653 yards and five touchdowns. He led the team with an impressive 15.9 yards per catch, earning rave reviews from Telesco for taking his game to another level."

6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Barring any further signings on the O I predict we do what is needed  including moving up to secure TE Hockensen. I would be very happy with that.

As I stated before, drafting White, Williams, or Hockensen would make me happy. While I REALLY want White, if he was gone, I would not be upset if the choice were Hockensen.

Mike

Archived