THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Depth Chart 2019

Zombo

OT, but for any team needing a  kicker. Carli Lloyd of the US women's soccer  team was goofing around  at a Ravens  practice and drilling 55 yard FGs that would have been good  from 60. There's  supposedly  interest from a few  NFL teams.  :)

57 minutes ago, hoorta said:

OT, but for any team needing a  kicker. Carly Lloyd of the US women's soccer  team was goofing around  at a Ravens  practice and drilling 55 yard FGs that would have been good  from 60. There's  supposedly  interest from a few  NFL teams.  :)

After game showers should be interesting

46 minutes ago, darren15 said:

After game showers should be interesting

It was tough to do from a tablet- but here's the video- if you only want to see (mostly) the kicks it's at around 1:50.  :)  

36 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

am more worried what would happen when the snap is fumbled and she* has to recover it? or a direct snap to her would be a coaching insanity?..she'd be signing up to get 🚛'ed by a 3 hundy!!

And what happens on kickoffs? You had better put all of them out of the end zone.  Onside kick?  For sure she has as much leg as 90%+ as any of the guys.  :) 

PS Da Bears might be interested. Can't post the video, but it's in the link. their current kicker boinked one so wide yesterday on an XP- it missed the net.  :D 

https://deadspin.com/last-man-standing-in-bears-exhaustive-kicker-competitio-1837728402

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

First Cut---Montrel Meander    MKC confirmed @rapsheet        btw--Happy 59th Birthday🎉 John Dorsey 🎂 keep waking the giant 

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

OT, but for any team needing a  kicker. Carli Lloyd of the US women's soccer  team was goofing around  at a Ravens  practice and drilling 55 yard FGs that would have been good  from 60. There's  supposedly  interest from a few  NFL teams.  :)

Again, I say let her see what she can do in the new XFL.   Don't be surprised of that happens.  Then after that, if she proves herself.....you never know.

I think that is the place for an experiment like that.....not in the NFL at the highest level. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, hoorta said:

There is a difference kicking while you are in uniform and have 300lb Gorillas wanting to rip your head off and rip off every limb as well. And NO I am NOT being racist 

55 minutes ago, medicineman said:

There is a difference kicking while you are in uniform and have 300lb Gorillas wanting to rip your head off and rip off every limb as well. And NO I am NOT being racist 

Make that sexist. :)Sure, it would be a curiosity, but don't be surprised if it happens eventually.

It's about flag football rules now for QBs, why not kickers?

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

On 8/30/2019 at 10:04 AM, gumby73 said:

I'd love to also somehow try to bury Kalis on a IR list now pending Forbes.. Guys that should not feel save or flip either way imo. Ratley/Miller/Devalve/Zettle/Coley/A.Taylor..The two guys that seem to be a tossup are Gaines & Pipkins..

On 8/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, hoorta said:

Only  change I  make is I think  Gillan is  lock to make the  team. He's not  only a  lot younger than  Colquitt,  he's a  lot  cheaper  too.  

not bad..so we missed by a handful of guys..from the couch 🛋️... Well done Zombo & Nice call on Gillan Hoorta 👍

Dorsey traded for two Guards in no time flat.  He didn't even wait for roster cuts.  -  Trading Zeitler is not looking like it was such a great idea.  Dorsey has no faith in the guys he had for that RG position.

--  We kept a ton of Linemen.  20 guys.  10 on OL, 10 on DL

And only 5 WR's.  And one of 'em has yet to meet the HC (or ANY of the Browns).

I wonder which player will be the first one released when we're awarded a waiver claim in the next day or so.   (I'm assuming it won't be a WR released)  

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Well...I guess that is a bonus.     Would have hated to have expected him to play and then have this happen.   At least now his suspension can coincide with his injury time off.

Unless...of course, the arbitrary and capricious commissioner's office says that his suspension is on hold while he is hurt.   Would any of you put that past them?

It is like the Gordon situation:  you are a Cleveland Brown?   Here is a year off for checking yourself into rehab.   Oh..what...now you are a Patriot. You are welcome to play right away...

So let's see how things churned out:

Correct calls in Brown

Guys I had making the roster that didn't

Guys I didn't see making the roster but did in black.

Newly acquired guys in Orange

QB B.Mayfield, D.Stanton, G. Gilbert

FB/H-B 

RB  N. Chubb,  D.Hilliard (Hunt Susp.) D. Johnson

WR1  O. Beckham,  (A. Callaway, Susp.),  D. Ratley, D. Willies T.Taylor

WR2 J. Landry(slot), R. Higgins(WR3), B. Miller  K. Hodge

TE D. Njoku, D. Harris, S. Devalve, P. Brown, R. Gathers (Susp.), R. Seals-Jones

LT G. Robinson

LG J. Bitonio , J. McCray

C J.Tretter , A. Corbett 

RG  E. Kush,  W. Teller 

RT C. Hubbard, K. Lamm 

DE M. Garrett, C. Thomas

DT  Ogunjobi,  D. Lawrence,  C. Davis

DT  S. Richardson,T Coley, D. Eukale

DE O. Vernon,  C. Smith

MLB Schoebert, S. Takitaki  

SLB  G. Avery, A. Taylor

WLB C. Kirksey, M. Wilson R. Armstrong , M. Jefferson

CB D. Ward , T. Carrie(Nickel) , T.ThomasP. Gaines

CB  T. Mitchell, G. Williams, E. Murray(Dime)

FS D. Randall, S. Redwine,

SS  M. Burnett,  J Whitehead

K A. Seibert

P Colquitt, J. Gillan

LS Hughlett

KR  (D. Hilliard), (D. Johnson)

PR  (D. Hilliard), (Calloway susp)

• Thanks 1

The guy I am most intrigued by is Lawrence. He has regained all his pre-injury speed, quickness and power and I think will be a force in getting after the QB when he's in. He's fun to watch and a pleasure in interviews. Garrett has been helped more by all these major front 7 changes than any player on the team. Very little drop-off to 2nd team players top to bottom. I can hardly wait to see how they do when the games are on the line. This is gonna be a fun year to watch a Browns defense in action. I'll bet our team sack totals double from last year.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The guy I am most intrigued by is Lawrence. He has regained all his pre-injury speed, quickness and power and I think will be a force in getting after the QB when he's in. He's fun to watch and a pleasure in interviews. Garrett has been helped more by all these major front 7 changes than any player on the team. Very little drop-off to 2nd team players top to bottom. I can hardly wait to see how they do when the games are on the line. This is gonna be a fun year to watch a Browns defense in action. I'll bet our team sack totals double from last year.

He's already one of my favorite players, and I recently saw him in a t-shirt giving an interview and YO. He's a large man. Did you guys read that article where the author asked various teammates who they'd want on their side during a fight? Basically everyone said Devaroe Lawrence was the one guy they'd want if a fight broke out, lol. 

I'm starting to get REALLY nervous about this week 1 game. You guys know how week 1 games are, and you also know how they are for US. Titans just always seem to make the game a total shit show, and I can't express just how important our first game is, especially this year. I'm not ready to make a prediction, but I feel like the score will be something really low, and really ugly. 

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I finally was able to watch the Browns- Lions game, and I was duly impressed with Lawrence. Like "where the hell did this guy come from"? Unstoppable. Looking up his bio even more impressive- his stats at Auburn were pretty unremarkable- at least for a pro prospect. 

Jiggins might be nervous- but if our starting defense plays like they have been it's going to be a long day for Mariota.  Yeah, I'm well aware of the Browns dismal record in openers the last decade, but the CBS computer modeling has us covering the 5-1\2 point spread 50% of the time and outright wining even higher than that... 

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The guy I am most intrigued by is Lawrence. He has regained all his pre-injury speed, quickness and power and I think will be a force in getting after the QB when he's in. 

so i went back & watched how we lost Lawrence 1st game vs Douche-berg  last season. Roe gets rolled up by 2 $uck's chop blocking down on both legs🖕.(i'd say he has some unfinished business, to attend)..i can add, it's been great to see Roe not play scared from his past injury history..Cat like quick releases are now keeping guys no where near his knees..Got to give JD & staff some credit on keeping Roe on IR/roster never waving the white flag on giving up on his talent or personality from week 1 last season..That gets a big A+ in gm school books..

here's the presser Jiggs is referring to 👍(i think)...your just missing out, if you don't follow this guy talking ball..he respects this coaching staff every presser.. #99 

10 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Yep....love how he looks so far......

Not too often that you'll feel excitement when a reserve comes in....but this guys gonna make that happen//////

I especially like what Freddie says about him being the same in practice and that it's good to see that what you get there is what you get in the game. Sounds like he really trusts he will play that same way when he gives a starter a breather. Young man is very well spoken. I think he's sharp and is learning how to be a great player every day from the coaching and other players with him.

I'd like to see them put Sheehy-Guiseppi on the Practice Squad. 

On 9/1/2019 at 6:50 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Dr. Hoorta finally got curious- and had to look that one up. A "sports hernia" is in the same general area as a garden variety hernia- but it's not the same, as different muscles\tendons are involved. Usually 6-10 weeks post surgery to a full recovery. 

42 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'd like to see them put Sheehy-Guiseppi on the Practice Squad. 

I know he's a "feel good" story Po- but his ship has sailed. I hope Dorsey slipped him $10-20k under the table on his way out. 

Watching Building the Browns he was busting his ass- but it's a rough business, when your best isn't good enough. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

I know he's a "feel good" story Po- but his ship has sailed. I hope Dorsey slipped him $10-20k under the table on his way out. 

Watching Building the Browns he was busting his ass- but it's a rough business, when your best isn't good enough. 

It was the muffed punts that did him in. I suspect that was happening in practice as well.

6 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Practice Squad. 

and the never ending "Don't get who's eligible" has struck again ...DT Trevon Coley has landed on the Ravens PS...the guy has played 2 years. 31 games with a butt load of nfl snaps..how hard is it to count up to more than 6 games active? do game snaps accrue during season? is their separate rules on UDFA's?