THE BROWNS BOARD

Backup Tight End Fells Released

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Seems like we are going to be a major player in free agency, we've cleared the deck with Collins, Zeitler and Fells.

Z

Rumors are back on twitter .....lol

See the source image

17 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Preferred to of kept Fells over DeValve

Two different species. Fells was the blocking TE and they figure than can upgrade, maybe through draft. DeVulva is supposed to be a receiving TE when he is healthy, but he can be replaced too.

Z

45 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Fells was the blocking TE

But he CAN catch.  He had 12 target and 11 receptions, with a 49 yard long........and 3 td's.

DeValve is younger....but he can't even get in games.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

But he CAN catch.  He had 12 target and 11 receptions, with a 49 yard long........and 3 td's.

DeValve is younger....but he can't even get in games.

I have always been surprised DeValve is still around due only to that old saying, "The best ability is AVAILability". Maybe he's the Browns' version of Cavs' Z...constantly injured, then BINGO...he's healed!

Mike

16 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I have always been surprised DeValve is still around

Exactly.   He hasn't produced.  And Dorsey's got no ties to him.  

I think when the FA and trade smoke clears we will have added one and made it such that one will be drafted relatively high. Jesse James would be cool to snipe from the Steelers further cutting down their roster. Hell maybe they target Hockenson at 17 or move up a little to get him. Jared Cook would be a great vet signing if they want a vet. Maxx Williams would be a good shot at a reclamation project. Dorsey seems to like those. 

55 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I think when the FA and trade smoke clears we will have added one and made it such that one will be drafted relatively high. Jesse James would be cool to snipe from the Steelers further cutting down their roster. Hell maybe they target Hockenson at 17 or move up a little to get him. Jared Cook would be a great vet signing if they want a vet. Maxx Williams would be a good shot at a reclamation project. Dorsey seems to like those. 

I will guarantee you we're not taking a TE at #17. Not with Njoku on the roster. 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Larry, you ol' horse thief!  :rolleyes:

Mike  

Some people just can't let that OBJ rumor to the Browns die Mike. Between what we're paying Landry, and the King's Ransom the Giants would want to move Beckham, it's not happening. If it was- it already would have happened... 

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Some people just can't let that OBJ rumor to the Browns die Mike. Between what we're paying Landry, and the King's Ransom the Giants would want to move Beckham, it's not happening. If it was- it already would have happened... 

I'm tired of hearing about that Diva sissy!!

and i was good with just fixing the defense 🤔..got a dorsey 'buddy boy' to watch.. FA TE Demetrious Harris is 27, now out at KC..Dorsey signed Harris as a UFA in 2013..Re-signed Harris in 2015 3 yrs.6.3M. 1 drug arrest..FA Jared Cooks was born in Bama.FA Seferian-Jenkins(26) played with Monkin in TB..I'd call this a toss-up..Any Jeff Heuerman fans still out there? He's 26 & a FA..my wonder is, if Dorsey tried to redo Fells deal. Fells flipped out on Dorse. than Tried to trade Fells. Than could only cut..4m/yr for 3 yrs. seems high for production received..strange, odd deal by end of day..no fear.. Dorsey has a backup TE plan..  

I think Cook is a possibility to pair with Nojoku. Cook is 32, but coming off his best season. Can be a big matchup nightmare with the little guys in the secondary and he's an experienced blocker, if not a great one.

Zombo

I thought he was a relatively cheap and effective TE that worked well in our 2 TE Sets for max protection for Baker.. I am not sold that Njoku is going to get the message that he needs to block...

Fells caught some really pivotal catched and TD's for us last year.. 2 of the 3 TD's I remember were when Baker was likely 3 or 4 deep into his reads and ole Fells is standing there all alone...

Good Luck !!

BobPound!

I could get on board with Cook at TE.. 6'5"!!!!   That is why I like Fells, big man and a big target.. But Cook looked incredible last year. He was my Fantasy TE and made me a lot of points...

Raiders would be stupid to let him go.. But he is likely a 5 to 6 million dollar hit on the Cap.... Fells was definitely a bargain for what he brought to us.

Bob Pound!

Archived