THE BROWNS BOARD

Analhole Brown Goes to Oakland

darren15

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Worse than all of them combined? :D If you're not a Steelers fan- things could get real entertaining over the next week.  I checked Spotrac (yeah, I know a lot of guys like Over the Cap better) Brown's $2.5 million roster bonus is due March 17th. If you know a way for Colbert to not put him on the roster, and not pay him, let me know. If I'm another teams GM, the closer it gets to that date, the lower my offer is going to be. Is Colbert going to be willing to pay it, only to see Brown pull a Le'veon Bell and sit out until the Steelers can't stand it anymore, and trade him for peanuts?  

Brown is living a lifestyle his post NFL salary can't support. Heading down the Mike Tyson road to bankruptcy. Besides child support to three different women for his three different kids, I believe there was a picture of his 100 mph car somewhere in this thread. And I did see a pic of his mansion in an article featuring conspicuous consumption by pro athletes. He's living the LeBron lifestyle minus James' incredible endorsement and other business sidelines...  

Related image

The bonus is one thing, but I think the real date is draft. Sure they would want him gone by then.

I hope he gets traded somewhere for a 7th round pick. Hurts his ego and the Steelers.

No, not as bad put together. But all he seems to care about is himself. I think the reason he said no to Buffalo is Allen's passing as opposed to their winning. But his ego is out of whack. I bet if he went to GB, with one of top QBs ever, he wouldn't get 100+ catches, 1300 yards and 15 tds. 

What would be fitting for him is to go to Baltimore (with Lamar running a lot) or Washington with Colt McCoy, or wherever Bortles ends up (,he would have to start)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how does Colbert think he will trade AB for draft value, when AB can carbash every deal by telling teams like Buffalo.. hi buffalo "Nope, i don't want to play there" Colbert's screwed..just the way AB wanted to control it..At least Bell made his statement when Gurley got paid his big signing bonus dollars. than has seemed to disappear..i hope drew rosie-palms loses hard on this one.. 

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

Word on these NFL streets is that Antonio Brown wants $18M-$20M per year on a new deal. Yikes. Good luck with that. What a mess

He's got all those child support payments crimping his lifestyle. :D

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

how does Colbert think he will trade AB for draft value, when AB can carbash every deal by telling teams like Buffalo.. hi buffalo "Nope, i don't want to play there" Colbert's screwed..just the way AB wanted to control it..At least Bell made his statement when Gurley got paid his big signing bonus dollars. than has seemed to disappear..i hope drew rosie-palms loses hard on this one.. 

I would hope no GM in his right mind would think a 30 yo wr is worth $20 million a year, and giving up a high pick on top of that. Colbert may be stuck with a royal headache. Plus paying a $2 million roster bonus to a guy who doesn't want to play for the Steelers. Brown may think he controls his market- but he really doesn't.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Anonio Brown Goes to Oakland

But where is Antonio Brown going??? ;)

AB and Chuckie... How's that gonna work?

Thank you Flugel, I think we can call him Annoying Brown from now on.

Am I the only one feeling that this tries to solve and hide the Amari Cooper fiasco?

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Am I the only one feeling that this tries to solve and hide the Amari Cooper fiasco?

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope. That was my very first thought.

Yep, mine too. I'm wishing the worst for both Gruden & Brown.

Mike

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I don't understand a team in complete rebuild mode trading for Brown now...?

Weird. 

Again.. Who cares where Assholio Brown goes..... The bigger question for Browns fans.. Is Ben dead yet?

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Sort of. AB is a bit more dangerous than Cooper imo. Good for the Raiders. It seems like a natural fit. 

Raiders we’re always the team that the cool kids used in Madden when I was growing up.. maybe it’s the black and silver?

I hope everyone realizes how potentially big this whole thing was. Ultimately AB got literally everything he wanted and left the steelers over a barrel. Outside of draft day "I'm not playing there" type deals this has never happened before. 

This sets a huge precedent for upcoming CBA. I guarantee the owners are pissed about this big time.

15 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

OAK gave up a 3rd and a 5th.

Steal of the young century...

and they got a 1 for armani damn also his contract is for only 3 years then he is off the books

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

OAK gave up a 3rd and a 5th.

Steal of the young century...

As was said on NFL.com, it boils down to the Raiders got a first round pick, and only gave up a third and fifth swapping Amari Cooper for Antonio Brown.... 

LOL, where's Vagitron and that first round pick they were going to get for Brown?  And some guys thought we got jobbed only getting a 5th for Gordon....  Sure enough, Colbert was pretty desperate to unload Antonio for whatever he could get, and the best news (from a Browns perspective) is the Steelers are stuck with a $21 million cap hit.... 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021716/article/steelers-to-trade-antonio-brown-to-raiders-who-won-who-lost

Losers- Kevin Colbert, Steelers general manager: Colbert swore up and down that they were comfortable holding on to Brown unless they received "significant compensation" in return. This deal tells a different story.

Trading Brown for only two mid-round picks -- at a significant cost to the team's salary cap -- shows the Steelers were ready to take the best offer possible. And there weren't many good offers to choose from, possibly because Brown only would accept going to a team ready to pay him. Brown will count as $21 million on Pittsburgh's cap this year:D nearly as much as Ben Roethlisberger. Colbert now has to replace Brown's production with far less cap space to do so. Brown certainly deserves his share of blame in how his relationship with the organization deteriorated, but Colbert is the one paying for it. Usually eating anywhere near this much "dead money" only happens when teams have to cut some huge personnel mistake, not the league leader in touchdowns.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

As was said on NFL.com, it boils down to the Raiders got a first round pick, and only gave up a third and fifth swapping Amari Cooper for Antonio Brown.... 

LOL, where's Vagitron and that first round pick they were going to get for Brown?  And some guys thought we got jobbed only getting a 5th for Gordon....  Sure enough, Colbert was pretty desperate to unload Antonio for whatever he could get, and the best news (from a Browns perspective) is the Steelers are stuck with a $21 million cap hit.... 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021716/article/steelers-to-trade-antonio-brown-to-raiders-who-won-who-lost

Losers- Kevin Colbert, Steelers general manager: Colbert swore up and down that they were comfortable holding on to Brown unless they received "significant compensation" in return. This deal tells a different story.

Trading Brown for only two mid-round picks -- at a significant cost to the team's salary cap -- shows the Steelers were ready to take the best offer possible. And there weren't many good offers to choose from, possibly because Brown only would accept going to a team ready to pay him. Brown will count as $21 million on Pittsburgh's cap this year:D nearly as much as Ben Roethlisberger. Colbert now has to replace Brown's production with far less cap space to do so. Brown certainly deserves his share of blame in how his relationship with the organization deteriorated, but Colbert is the one paying for it. Usually eating anywhere near this much "dead money" only happens when teams have to cut some huge personnel mistake, not the league leader in touchdowns.

Fuck the Stoolers , Larry.. They're pain and Misery will be our gain.... I won't feel one bit sorry for them , ever!

23 hours ago, Nero said:

I hear ya Nero.  Even if they solve the Cooper fiasco, Chicago's favorite Santa Claus is Jon Gruden for the Khalil Mack gift.  If you can get a Lawrence Taylor without the off-the-field baggage in a passing era - you don't give him up for the drafting abilities that got Gruden fired in Tampa. Word is he brought a work ethic barometer that matched how impressive his talent is; and the fans got to appreciate that and how it rubbed off on teammates every Sunday.   Lucky for Oakland, they hired Mayock in time to do something with some of the exchange value.    We shall see...

So to recap the Raiders situation, they essentially

lost Khalil Mack (best rusher in the game) Cooper (strong young WR) and 3rd and fifth round picks

to

gain two first round picks (one will be used for a edge rusher) and Brown, admittedly the best WR in the NFL, but 30 years old and for a butt ton of money.

I guess it's hard to validate until the first round picks play out, but I'm not sure I see the logic there.

14 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

So to recap the Raiders situation, they essentially

lost Khalil Mack (best rusher in the game) Cooper (strong young WR) and 3rd and fifth round picks

to

gain two first round picks (one will be used for a edge rusher) and Brown, admittedly the best WR in the NFL, but 30 years old and for a butt ton of money.

I guess it's hard to validate until the first round picks play out, but I'm not sure I see the logic there.

Actually, they gained 3 first round picks.  Two from Chicago, one from Dallas.  

Perhaps it is best just to look at the WR deal alone:

Raiders lost Cooper plus a 3rd rounder and a 5th rounder.....and they gained Brown and a first round pick.

I don't know, this might be a good thing for the Raiders. I understand what Gruden is doing in Oakland(sorry Las Vegas). Derrick Carr isn't getting any younger and Gruden has probably this year to show some signs of life before they really start asking for his head.

Mack is 28 and they freed up a shit ton of cap space letting go of him PLUS a 1st round draft pick this year and NEXT YEAR and a 5th rounder next year. 

They gave up Cooper, which to me is a bit of a head scratcher, as he is 1st round talent, but they got a 1st rounder for him and dropped 18 mil off their cap..

Gruden is now sitting on FOUR of the top 35 picks and 72 million or more in Cap space... I personally feel that Carr is their solution at QB and they won't have to go looking... Look for Raiders to be where we were this past year and make a run at it in 20/21....

In the words of Joe Theismann....who gives a flying fadoodle about either the Steelers or the Raiders.  

I am glad to see the Squibs weakened and getting little in return.

And as far as I am concerned  AB can continue being a cancer in the Vagabond Mercenaries locker room.  He has had a HOF QB throwing to him his entire career.  What will be his whine when a lesser talented QB can't hit him in the seams and in the tight spots that BR could. (not that Carr is that bad....he is just not the overall QB that BR is)

Archived