THE BROWNS BOARD

Ray Farmer is at it again

Unsympathetic

• Unsympathetic changed the title to Ray Farmer is at it again
3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Monday the Bucs signed this guy, the 42nd best tackle, to a 3/42M contract. If they'd given him 3/10 they'd still be overpaying.

That's Fail Farmer's new home.. hopefully we can fleece him on a trade or two this year.  

Let me get this straight. There are 64 starting tackles in the NFL, so how is #42 "above average"?

And how did Farmer even get another job in the NFL?

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Teams bought his explanations for Manziel and Gilbert.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let me get this straight. There are 64 starting tackles in the NFL, so how is #42 "above average"?

The first major flaw of this news is Ray Farmer is not the GM of the Bucs - it's Jason Licht while John Spytek is the Director of Player Personnel. That said, it isn't too far out of the realm that Ray Farmer is now in a witness protection program living under another name or identity.  However, there is race hurdle he'd have to overcome to pull this one off.

Second, this LT was a 46th pick overall in round 2 many feel was the only other bright spot to Ali Marpet (when healthy around missing 6 games to injury in 2018) on the line.  The radio guys and fans here mostly seemed to like this while most understood he isn't elite or great (also understanding there was a backup Guard next to him for 6 games).  They think he's good and feel he's only receiving the salary good LTs get (not to be confused with great or elite).  They have bigger issues to worry about up front there than guy the 2 that are at least good. 

Sometimes people get vocal and critical about players they haven't watched very much.  Prior to us signing Robinson, I kept reading and hearing he was worthless while I spent more time watching the Browns than Rams throughout his brief tenure there.  He came here and put it on the line at the most difficult position to play, which is why his contract got extended another year. 

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

This is an odd thread.

Ray Farmer just signed a Tackle in Tampa Bay? Does Ray Farmer know that?

Z

Should have researched it better Z before I responded- looks like Ray is still collecting unemployment compensation.... 

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Should have researched it better Z before I responded- looks like Ray is still collecting unemployment compensation.... 

In fairness, you didn't start the thread.  You just trusted a usually good source of info and knowledge (Unsympathetic) and reacted.  We've probably all done that at 1 time or another.   FWIW, if anyone is going to make the mistake Unsymp made - aiming it all at Farmer not only makes it worthy of a mulligan; it also invites a thatta boy or 2...

Archived