THE BROWNS BOARD

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-tender-3-players

Browns tendered 3 of their restricted and/or exclusive rights free agents: Higgins, Coley, and Whitehead. 

I think we all knew Higgins was gonna get tendered. Coley is a bit of a surprise. I didn’t even know who Whitehead was, but article says he was mostly a special teams guy.

Now if we can get Orson Charles back in the fold. Really liked that guy.

i have a fairly good feeling here that Higgins won't shop on Dorsey's tender here..Great friend of Baker & Perriman chose to roll the high dollar risk of living in drew's high dollar Rosie-house 🤩. Reads like JD is trying to get to the right numbers on Higgy's value to extend..  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

i have a fairly good feeling here that Higgins won't shop on Dorsey's tender here..Great friend of Baker & Perriman chose to roll the high dollar risk of living in drew's high dollar Rosie-house 🤩. Reads like JD is trying to get to the right numbers on Higgy's value to extend..  

I wouldn’t blame Higgins for testing the waters and seeing what options he has. It’s his agent’s primary job to get him the best contract and situation, so l wouldn’t expect him to immediately sign the tender. I read this recently...

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/3/8/18256965/cleveland-browns-fifth-round-tender-rashard-higgins

Basically the gist of it is the Browns ONLY gave him a 5th round tender as opposed to the anticipated 2nd round tender, and it saves them about a mil (roughly 3 mil vs. 2 mil). I’m frankly a bit surprised that it’s only about a mil difference between a 2nd and 5th round tender, but whatever.

The Browns of course get to match any offer another team presents to him, but if they don’t, we only get a 5th round pick. I’m guessing we are also trying to work out a modest front loaded multi-year deal whilst this is going on.

Archived