THE BROWNS BOARD

Vernon traded to Browns In Exchange For Kevin Zeitler

darren15

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Gipper said:

Well.....in reality, we did give up 2 firsts for OBJ......Peppers...a first round pick, and our #17.

But was Jabril playing like a first round pick? Saw in another thread, if we had wanted to move Peppers by himself, he was worth a fourth, I'll be generous and say maybe a third. 

BTW, your remaining draft picks was correct. We swapped back the fifth and fourth round picks in the Vernon trade as part of the OBJ deal.

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

But was Jabril playing like a first round pick? Saw in another thread, if we had wanted to move Peppers by himself, he was worth a fourth, I'll be generous and say maybe a third. 

BTW, your remaining draft picks was correct. We swapped back the fifth and fourth round picks in the Vernon trade as part of the OBJ deal.

I was generous in posting the trade value exchange for OBJ vs 3 players by keeping him worth a late 1st when in reality I felt he was a 3rd. Any other team he would not have been a starter most likely.

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yes, despite the droolings of one guy on here, I would say that Peppers alone would have been worth a 4th rounder. 

Nevertheless, do we not now have a hole there to fill.....expecially since we won't be getting Thomas

44 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"Not now"?

And you are undervaluing Peppers...

He was OK Tour. To date, wasn't reminding me of Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed....  I guess if you get a fairly solid starter our of a fist round pick, you certainly can't call him a bust... 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

He was OK Tour. To date, wasn't reminding me of Ronnie Lott or Ed Reed....  I guess if you get a fairly solid starter our of a fist round pick, you certainly can't call him a bust... 

Not all 1st rounders are 1st ballot HOFers.

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Didn't pep essentially outright win us like 2 games and was also the greatest contributor in a couple other wins?

Don't confuse naysayers with facts...

17 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Didn't pep essentially outright win us like 2 games and was also the greatest contributor in a couple other wins?

No.  There is no doubt that he helped some.  Any starting strong safety is expected to help some. He did OK,  but he was not irreplaceable. Again, the issue is not how good he was, but was he deemed expendable in order to get a top notch proven talent.   He was....by John Dorsey...and NO ONE ELSE"S opinion counts.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Not all first rounders produce like 4th rounders either.

Name some 4th-round SSs with Peppers production...

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not all first rounders produce like 4th rounders either.

Some first round picks like Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel, and Mike Junkin wouldn't survive in the AAF. 

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'll be real,  I have the Gip on ignore and didn't pay attention to the whole convo lol. 

That's a solid my bad there. 

I have never put anyone on ignore. (not even Ghoolie)  I am not a chickenshit asshole  who is afraid of someone disagreeing with me or learning something new like some of you apparently are.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have never put anyone on ignore. (not even Ghoolie)  I am not a chickenshit asshole  who is afraid of someone disagreeing with me or learning something new like some of you apparently are.

Trust me... if you can't "teach" me anything about this game... and you can't... then there is no way you can teach tia anything.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Trust me... if you can't "teach" me anything about this game... and you can't... then there is no way you can teach tia anything.

I can teach you plenty.  You are just too obtuse to learn and to realize it, or too arrogant to think that there is nothing further you need to learn. 

However, if I ever want to learn how to become a pluperfect pussilanimous pedantic putz, I will know where to turn to.

Archived