THE BROWNS BOARD

Vernon traded to Browns In Exchange For Kevin Zeitler

darren15

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New #Browns LB Olivier Vernon is due $15.5 million each of the two remaining years on his deal. #Browns had about $77 million in cap space to work with entering today. Not a lot of edge help available in free agency, so this trade makes a lot of sense

Meanwhile, Kevin Zeitler has 3 years left on his contract and is due $10 million in base salary in 2019. Trading him to the #Giants takes $5.2 million off the #Browns' cap this season, for a net increase of $10.3 million ... and they still have over $67 million to work with.

If we can get Rodger Saffold in FA that makes the deal a great one for us ....we upgrade the pass rush and get like for like on the O line

Just now, GuNNerGatSKi said:

Maybe we can also grab the newly cut Malik Jackson as well?

I just mentioned that in the FA thread :)

Just now, runyon27 said:

If Corbett can fill the void I think it can be a good deal for both sides. On the surface, this looks more like a win for the Giants than for us.

The so called experts on twitter are saying Browns won the deal but time will tell on the field :)

Just now, runyon27 said:

If Corbett can fill the void I think it can be a good deal for both sides. On the surface, this looks more like a win for the Giants than for us.

Vernon is a top 100 player, ranked 70 something from 2018 and he was out 5 games. Garrett was ranked 50 something. Pressured on 11% of dropbacks 

NFL channel - whoever it was, an "expert" - says the Browns' defense just got a LOT better with Vernon added.

I think Corbett can step in and take over.

11 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Zietler and Bito pair to form one of the best pass pro interiors in the NFL.  

Vernon is on the downside of his career. 

Not feeling this. 

depending on one's opinion of PFF...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-giants-browns-both-win-in-blockbuster-vernon-zeitler-trade

still productive regardless of where his is in his career arc

Archived