THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamie Collins Released

Zombo

30 minutes ago, 7moses7 said:

Thank you John Dorsey. I must say I couldn’t watch another Browns game and watch this guy give a half ass effort  . Bring on Zadarious Smith 

He played well vs Carolina and Atlanta, but yeah, most of the season he just didn't seem to hustle. Not surprised he's gone.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

$9.75m saved, means we must be getting a linebacker in FA. 

And\or drafting one...  Possible the Browns offered to restructure Collins down to a more manageable number. 

I've got no ill-will on Jamie Collins.Jamie's contract is what happens when a desperate GM needs to overpay to make a splash. Hell, Jamie had the guts to show up with no foundation,studs nor pool hole even dug..Gave the Pats a 3rd,which they later traded. Who in their right or left mind? turns down 4yrs. 50M with a 5M signing bonus? Dorsey did the right thing, getting out at the big money part of Jamie's contract. G👀d Luck, JC!!   

43 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I honrstly wish we could have kept him. Thats a great veteran presence to have. I liked the idea of Avery learning the position under Jamie and kirk.

Dorsey tried, we've been here before..I hope we hear the restructuring numbers offered, than what he gets on the streets..btw, Thomas Davis at carolina had his best years with Wilks..selling Davis age won't be a easy sell, but TD can still play  

Bring on the VON.

14 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Lazy and self centered just doesn’t cut it in team sports. Took off plays. Not hard to figure out this one or see it coming

There was a reason BB decided to rid himself of a player to a desperate team. Warts and all he was still better than what we had at the time. Desperation breeds overpayment and Dorsey decided it was time to stop that. Not enough return on the investment.

We all knew this was coming.  Jamie Collins just never got consistent, and he was the KING of "almost making the game-changing play."  That guy dropped probably 3-4 pick-6's that would've changed the scope of the game.  Unfortunately we're going to have to somewhat overspend again because the LB class in the draft is very weak after the first two studs, and we're not going to be able to draft them unless we move up, which we probably won't.  We're going to have to target free agency for our LB needs, and we can't screw it up.  

54 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Good question as his pops played for 20 years or so. I’m guessing the lack of buzz around him means most prognosticators think no.

Clay III actually.   Is he a FA?  I would take him....for leadership  and depth if nothing else.  (at the right price)  He could get a second wind here where his Dad played.

Musta been no trade market for him... and his contract.

Sorry to see him go... unless we are going after Devin White for our MLB and move Joe to Jamie's old spot.

Have I mentioned I want White? Badly?

Archived