THE BROWNS BOARD

Closing My Office

The Gipper

At the end of this month I will be closing my office that  I have here  in downtown Barberton, Oh.  

I will still be practicing, on a limited basis, so I guess you could say that I will be "semi-retired".   I just won't have a permanent office for clients to come to.  I will either meet them at their house, or at one of the local libraries, or in the conference room of the pair of attorneys whose offices are currently next to mine now.  I have over 38 years in to practice,  17 of those at this current location. 25 years total in Barberton, before that 13 years in Norton.

I will continue to serve as a magistrate in the local Mayor's court.  That is only a twice a month thing. 

I am not sure but I still think I owe Dutch Oven a lunch at Al's which is only a few doors down from me now.  Or does he owe me?  Oh well.  He better come quick.

CONGRATS on your semi-retirement. It's time to take more time to goof off.

Need a chauffeur? oh, wait, I'm retired too. Never mind.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

At the end of this month I will be closing my office that  I have here  in downtown Barberton, Oh.  

I will still be practicing, on a limited basis, so I guess you could say that I will be "semi-retired".   I just won't have a permanent office for clients to come to.  I will either meet them at their house, or at one of the local libraries, or in the conference room of the pair of attorneys whose offices are currently next to mine now.  I have over 38 years in to practice,  17 of those at this current location. 25 years total in Barberton, before that 13 years in Norton.

I will continue to serve as a magistrate in the local Mayor's court.  That is only a twice a month thing. 

I am not sure but I still think I owe Dutch Oven a lunch at Al's which is only a few doors down from me now.  Or does he owe me?  Oh well.  He better come quick.

Good luck to you Gip enjoy your new part time working or not working status. Plus Social Security and Medicare greatly help when you hit 62 or 65 or whenever you decide to kick back and take it. Just get a gap policy if needed and you're all set.

........and yes you owe Dutch a dinner. ;)

11 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Good luck to you Gip enjoy your new part time working or not working status. Plus Social Security and Medicare greatly help when you hit 62 or 65 or whenever you decide to kick back and take it. Just get a gap policy if needed and you're all set.

I have never regretted retiring and it came just when my mother needed the most help as her Alzheimer's was starting to kick in. I was glad I was able to do that for her without a full time job driving me nuts at the same time.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

I have never regretted retiring and it came just when my mother needed the most help as her Alzheimer's was starting to kick in. I was glad I was able to do that for her without a full time job driving me nuts at the same time.

I've been retired for years now due to medical issues, my wife got hurt at work in 2015 at 58 and had to have shoulder surgery, will never work as a nurse again. She offically retired in 2018. We really enjoy the new laid back lifestyle......I highly recommend it if you can swing it.

I knew many of the mill guys that wotked forever and never really enjoyed it, a few never saw a pension check.

Best advice plan early.

14 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I am 67, so have been on both Medicare (Medicare Advantage plan) and SS for a while.

And how do you figure that I owe him and not the other way around? :P

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My parents have both been gone for some time.....22 years ago for Mom.  15 for Dad.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I am 67, so have been on both Medicare (Medicare Advantage plan) and SS for a while.

And how do you figure that I owe him and not the other way around? :P

Well you should be pretty well set with SS and your all important insurance. And on the other matter, well.......

Screenshot_2019-03-07-11-40-51.png

And in the interest of full disclosure, discovery and all of that other legal mumbo-jumbo I did refer to The Gipper as being a cheap bastard. :lol:

Screenshot_2019-03-07-11-49-39.png

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

My parents have both been gone for some time.....22 years ago for Mom.  15 for Dad.

Sorry to hear hat Gip. My Dad died  20 years ago last month and my Mom 8 years ago this coming St. Patrick's Day. Fitting for a 1/4 Irishwoman.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Throw out a couple tons of your wife's shit and remodel the basement!😉

WSS

Easier said than done.  So far exactly -0- of that shit has been removed, even though we have been talking about it for 2 months.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Easier said than done.  So far exactly -0- of that shit has been removed, even though we have been talking about it for 2 months.

Hire Steve A to haul it all away while she's out of the house and call the police and report a burglary!

😏

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Hire Steve A to haul it all away while she's out of the house and call the police and report a burglary!

😏

WSS

Actually, not 10 minutes ago I was talking to Steve about moving the stuff I need to move.  You must have ESPN.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on retiring. My parents both retired, but my Dad went back to part-time work to get out of the house😜

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I am not really retiring.  I am only now going to work from home.  So "semi-retire"  perhaps.

I’d take that as retired. I can’t drive a truck from home

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am not really retiring.  I am only now going to work from home.  So "semi-retire"  perhaps.

I don't know of any lawyers who actually retire......but enjoy your new life status!  ;)

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You could do legal work from a van down by the river.

WSS

Just remember to take your Notary stamper with you.

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That’s where I will do yours from.  Or maybe I’ll start holding court in a bar. What do you think about that

310px-Old_langtry_tx.jpg

10494b770ce5bb9177d9accdedbacea9--old-west-judges.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 3:48 PM, The Gipper said:

I'm semi-employed .................................................... as an unpaid yardman from Mar-Dec. But thank God for the barter system as the owner pays with a little nookie now and again.🧖‍♀️💋💗

Archived