THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Weddle

darren15

Ravens could be missing some key pieces next season on defense. I think they plan to resign Mosely. They got a few guys they need to part ways with or fix contracts to bring back. Mosely, Zadarius Smith, Jimmy Smith, Weddle, and Suggs. We could be looking at a much different Ravens D in 2019.

41 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Ravens could be missing some key pieces next season on defense. I think they plan to resign Mosely. They got a few guys they need to part ways with or fix contracts to bring back. Mosely, Zadarius Smith, Jimmy Smith, Weddle, and Suggs. We could be looking at a much different Ravens D in 2019.

Pretty risky these guys are free agents now they can sign with anyone for more money than the rats will give them. Why should they have any loyalty to Baltimore

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

John Harbaugh doesn't tank.

Both of these moves were expected in many corners.

Z

Yup, Ravens clearing cap space. Weddle is 34.  Ravens might have told Mosely- go see what your market value is, and if we like it we'll match. FWIW, the Ratbirds have plenty of cap room, 8th in the NFL. 

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Is Ozzie still in charge over there?

No, retired...  

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yup, Ravens clearing cap space. Weddle is 34.  Ravens might have told Mosely- go see what your market value is, and if we like it we'll match. FWIW, the Ratbirds have plenty of cap room, 8th in the NFL. 

No, retired...  

How old is Mosely.  Not that old I don't think.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How old is Mosely.  Not that old I don't think.

Correct- he's only 26. Made about $9 million last year when the Ravens picked up his fifth year option. A little puzzling that the Ravens are letting him test FA. Pretty much an open secret Baltimore will let him get an offer from another team, and if it's not too hateful, they'll match. The Ravens do have plenty of cap room. Some sites saying he's not worth top ILB money- which he might get. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Correct- he's only 26. Made about $9 million last year when the Ravens picked up his fifth year option. A little puzzling that the Ravens are letting him test FA. Pretty much an open secret Baltimore will let him get an offer from another team, and if it's not too hateful, they'll match. The Ravens do have plenty of cap room. Some sites saying he's not worth top ILB money- which he might get. 

If he is a FA, they don't have the right to match.  And if they do say they will match, why the hell should he take their offer.  As a FA they don't even  have the right to be told what he is offered until after he signs a contract with another team.

Screw the Ratassholes.  Let someone else grab him...maybe even the Browns.

Archived