THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agency begins March 11

The Gipper

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tho Mosley did pick Baker's last pass...Ask anybody in Baltimore, they would rather see Joe Schobert in coverage far before Mosely in coverage..check pass pro rankings..get use to a lot of 4-2-5 sets with Wilks..

3 hours ago, beare said:

lots signings today we were awful quiet

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

So far Big John has sat on his hands and not done squat!.. I'm not cool with this!

So? look at what Gipper posted- at least 100 or so FAs still out there, including several rated at the top. We're still in a "build through the draft mode". Not hand out $50+ million contracts to the FAs that are going to get overpaid. Patience guys, still plenty of time to shop. 

10 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Barr is a name that jumps out at me.   Especially because he has a skill set comparable to Collins in being an edge rusher.   

Williams?  He's a physical, big bodied receiver.  Especially if this front office (like myself) isn't sold on someone like Metcalf in the top 50.

There's been speculation Tyrell Williams is for sure on Dorsey's radar. 

32 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So? look at what Gipper posted- at least 100 or so FAs still out there, including several rated at the top. We're still in a "build through the draft mode". Not hand out $50+ million contracts to the FAs that are going to get overpaid. Patience guys, still plenty of time to shop. 

I'm not asking him to spend the ranch... At least appear as if your doing something

25 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm not asking him to spend the ranch... At least appear as if your doing something

You mean doing something = signing someone NOW? You get desperate, a lot of times you make mistakes- and unlike 2018 we're far from "desperation mode" this year. For all we know, JD could be working the phones like crazy...... We're only into day two of FA, as I said, it's way early.  Dorsey may have some stealth trades up his sleeve, that can't be announced until the 13th. 

6 hours ago, nickers said:

to placate the few that are impatient?  we're still in the legal tampering period man...🤷‍♂️

So far this year ....

Signed

Kareem Hunt

Olivier Vernon

Sheldon Richardson

Lost ( Players cut or traded )

Kevin Zeitler

Darren Fells

Wow... I was just looking at CBS's "Top 50 FA Tracker" and noticed who is at #28...

28. Pierre Desir (28) CB Unrestricted

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-free-agency-tracker-an-updated-list-of-where-the-top-50-players-have-signed/

We live in strange times...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

MR NEGATIVITY STRIKES

Grossi on RBS: "It is surprising John Dorsey is signing veterans at the positions of strength in the draft" #Browns

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Wow... I was just looking at CBS's "Top 50 FA Tracker" and noticed who is at #28...

28. Pierre Desir (28) CB Unrestricted

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-free-agency-tracker-an-updated-list-of-where-the-top-50-players-have-signed/

We live in strange times...

21 minutes ago, darren15 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

MR NEGATIVITY STRIKES

Grossi on RBS: "It is surprising John Dorsey is signing veterans at the positions of strength in the draft" #Browns

Well, I guess we are ahead of the curve here at the Brownsboard, because I thought it made sense to get a veteran DT because then your draft needs aren't so deep and desperate and you can actually draft the players you like best.

Dorsey did the same thing last year ... filling needs before the draft ... Anyone have a problem with that draft?

Dont be surprised if he lands a WR too ... You don't go shopping when you're hungry.

Z

--Can Grossi go away now?

28 minutes ago, darren15 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

MR NEGATIVITY STRIKES

Except, of course, it is a fair observation.

Nevertheless...what  Z says makes a lot of sense.  Pick up proven guys at those spots of need:  DT/DE.   That then opens up the draft to take the best guy you can get, regardless of position.

Which means don't be surprised if we go  WR/OT/DB.  Or if the Browns trade up for that killer LB we may still be looking for.

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well, I guess we are ahead of the curve here at the Brownsboard, because I thought it made sense to get a veteran DT because then your draft needs aren't so deep and desperate and you can actually draft the players you like best.

Dorsey did the same thing last year ... filling needs before the draft ... Anyone have a problem with that draft?

Dont be surprised if he lands a WR too ... You don't go shopping when you're hungry.

Z

--Can Grossi go away now?

I suspect 99% of Browns fans would love him to go away

Archived