THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agency begins March 11

The Gipper

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And what did we get for him in trade?

We could pick him back up...and have both him and the draft pick we traded for him!

5th round pick ....... depending on Kareem Hunt's ban if we look for another RB

On 3/8/2019 at 12:38 PM, darren15 said:

Jags release Tashaun Gipson ....making cap room for Foles 

I thought it was stupid that Sashi let him walk.  Although he wasn't great, he wasn't bad, and at the time was one of our better defensive players.  AND he didn't have anyone to replace him with.  And he DIDN'T replace him...we went through the next season with bums playing safety.

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

so did I he was more than just a blocking TE

Yes, he wasn't all sinewy limbs.  He had a mind.  He could think.  (Leslie Nielson - Police Squad)

He could catch.  And he's the guy that buttonholed Mayfield on the sidelines after taking a big hit and told him, "Please don't get hurt.  We need you."   That was a smart thing to do. 

Decent read from Bleacher Report on the overall objective of the Browns becoming contenders. This will be a fascinating week starting tomorrow. What will Dorsey do with all that money?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824557-browns-vernon-trade-is-start-of-strong-push-for-success-in-baker-mayfield-era

The Giants are still involved in trade discussions with Odell Beckham Jr., according to a source. One of the league’s best wide receivers remains on the market.

Updated NFL Rumors: Cleveland Browns showing interest in LB's Anthony Barr (Vikings) , C.J. Mosley (Ravens) WR's Tyrell Williams (Chargers) he's on top of list for Cleveland major competition is expected. DT Rodney Gunter has some connection with Browns staff

Well Hopefully this becomes the catchall thread for Free Agency talk...

What is the thoughts on Trey Flowers(DE Patriots).   Young, probably due a HUGE payout now that he is a free agent, but not sure how big.. Imagine our Dline with him on our team?

Suh is likely too expensive for how old he is 32 ...

Jared Cook right now looks like the best thing on the Top Board for us to go after.. Though also at 32, he should be relatively cheap at around 5 mil and could be brought on as a 1 or 2 year gap player.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Updated NFL Rumors: Cleveland Browns showing interest in LB's Anthony Barr (Vikings) , C.J. Mosley (Ravens) WR's Tyrell Williams (Chargers) he's on top of list for Cleveland major competition is expected. DT Rodney Gunter has some connection with Browns staff

Those rumors have been going around for over a week.  Nothing new.

Today Is the day....March  11.   The day that legal  FA negotiating can begin (even if they cannot be announce it until Wed.)

One rumor has the Dolphins looking at Tyrod:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-may-mix-tyrod-taylor-034917318.html

Also...looks like Carlos Hyde will be landing in Kansas City:

https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-chiefs-agree-1-deal-rb-carlos-211017532--nfl.html

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Those rumors have been going around for over a week.  Nothing new.

Consider the source. I-B is wrong as many times as he's right. It's not exactly Rocket Science the Browns would like to upgrade LB either through FA or the draft. 

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Kwon Alexander,   OLB previously of Tampa, not headed to the 49ers.

Wow that deal is off I wonder why

Barr is a name that jumps out at me.   Especially because he has a skill set comparable to Collins in being an edge rusher.   

Williams?  He's a physical, big bodied receiver.  Especially if this front office (like myself) isn't sold on someone like Metcalf in the top 50.

Archived