THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agency begins March 11

The Gipper

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously, Perriman is a hot topic for us to sign (retain).  But ya know what, the guy doesn't run crisp routes.  If he thumbs his nose at us, which is what he's doing so far, then so be it.  I'm not going to cry over it.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Free agency begins March 11

To be clear, you cannot actually sign anyone until March 13th at 4:00pm New York time.   You can start negotiations with agents on the 11th.

This Tuesday at 4pm.3-5-19.teams have to have their pending Franchise tag players tagged. Only tag announced at this time is K R.Gould staying with 9'er..Rumors have it Clark,Lawrence,Jarrett & Dee Ford will be next, so expect more named cuts to come out before Tuesday 4pm.Most mediaheads expect 7 tags put on.Dexter Lawrence or Jeffrey Simmons maybe the top 2 DT's on the board by #17? or does JD have a FA DT other plan?..Keeping Jamie Collins just warmed up after watching Devin White & Josh Allen today..no chance neither see pick #10 imo...adding Frank Clark to this defense would be awwwweesome!! instant impact..      

54 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Dexter Lawrence or Jeffrey Simmons maybe the top 2 DT's on the board by #17? o     

Your suggestion is the kid who was caught juicing, subsequently injured at the combine and another kid that suffered a massive injury and won't be available this season....?

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Your suggestion is the kid who was caught juicing, subsequently injured at the combine and another kid that suffered a massive injury and won't be available this season....?

Na, just picturing our luck when it comes down to us drafting.(deep wound but healing).A FA DT 1 year deal would not rule Simmons out imo..A big name 3 year deal FA at DT? now we could see more drafting doors open moving from DT..should get interesting   

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

This Tuesday at 4pm.3-5-19.teams have to have their pending Franchise tag players tagged. Only tag announced at this time is K R.Gould staying with 9'er..Rumors have it Clark,Lawrence,Jarrett & Dee Ford will be next, so expect more named cuts to come out before Tuesday 4pm.Most mediaheads expect 7 tags put on.Dexter Lawrence or Jeffrey Simmons maybe the top 2 DT's on the board by #17? or does JD have a FA DT other plan?..Keeping Jamie Collins just warmed up after watching Devin White & Josh Allen today..no chance neither see pick #10 imo...adding Frank Clark to this defense would be awwwweesome!! instant impact..      

If we get Clark in FA then we need to go all out for White in a trade-up.

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If we get Clark in FA then we need to go all out for White in a trade-up.

I have 3 i think Wilks could do a lot with..Wilkins,Houston & White.. What's up with your Aggies? All this A&M talent I see on these boards..where's the 🏆hardware..poor coaching or QB? (edit--as deep as this draft looks..i really hate the idea of giving up 2's & 3's to get up there..that's just me..)  

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I have 3 i think Wilks could do a lot with..Wilkins,Houston & White.. What's up with your Aggies? All this A&M talent I see on these boards..where's the 🏆hardware..poor coaching or QB? (edit--as deep as this draft looks..i really hate the idea of giving up 2's & 3's to get up there..that's just me..)  

One quality OL going in the late 1st or early 2nd does not a dynasty make in the SEC West. But we do finally have a better coach who will get them up to speed by about 2021. 9-4 with a bowl win was not a bad first year for him. But they have a lot of depth to develop through 2-3 years of top 5 recruiting to compete with the Bamas, LSUs and Auburns in that division. Not an overnight event. We recruited that high this season and have a real good start on 2020 commits. Really going after linemen both sides of the ball. Absolute need to stay on the field with those teams.

Franchise Tagged==Clark/Lawrence/Clowney/Jarrett...Chiefs Tagged Dee Ford Monday.Chiefs rumored "open to trading" D.Ford. Giants "unlikely" to tag Landon Collins..cutoff 4pm Tuesday.. Top dollar FA CJ Mosley or is anybody up for Pitts. OLB Anthony Chickillo for OLB depth? the drafts weakest position to draft this season..

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Franchise Tagged==Clark

being reported the Seahawks used the 'Non Exclusive Tag'= 1) Player/agent can negotiate new deal with other teams. 2) Hawks can match any offer. or* 3) receive two 1st round picks from team trading for Clark.. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

being reported the Seahawks used the 'Non Exclusive Tag'= 1) Player/agent can negotiate new deal with other teams. 2) Hawks can match any offer. or* 3) receive two 1st round picks from team trading for Clark.. 

Who makes the decision on whether they match the offer or take the 1st rounders? I think adding a DT and an ILB is all we need to concentrate on at this point. Another edge guy would just be a luxury. Add those position fills to Garrett and Ogbah would give us an awesome defense. I still think if we don't get anyone in FA we need to trade up for White and seriously consider trading up again into the late second for a DT (since we will lose our 2nd rounder to move up for White). This class is loaded with DTs.

Any way Dorsey picks up The Mountain in FA if he gets killed off early on Game Of Thrones ? Would make a great D lineman next to Larry Ogunjobi then we can use 17 to draft a CB to play opposite Denzel ...

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

Any way Dorsey picks up The Mountain in FA if he gets killed off early on Game Of Thrones ? Would make a great D lineman next to Larry Ogunjobi then we can use 17 to draft a CB to play opposite Denzel ...

Hathor wouldn't make AAF practice squad. Im being completely serious. Brock Lesnar in his prime, who had played football before and was an elite wrestler....couldn't make the Vikings PS. Coach Tice at the time basically said yeah our 3rd string OL were moving him all over the place. 

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Scratch that one....   

7 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Who else would have you tagged?

I'm just sayin'. 

All the talk was Higgins would be tagged.  And Boddy-Calhoun.....but of course, the C-B talk faded.

Seen 2 tweets earlier now I cannot find them ( 1 was retweeted by Beau Bishop ) but both LA reporters said that NFL team officials are expecting the Browns to add major talent in the next week or so in both FA and trades ....... exciting to see if this actually pans out :)

Archived