THE BROWNS BOARD

We Lost a Good Man Sunday

TexasAg1969

Here is to my 16 year older "brother"/friend Mickey. Started out at 17 as a roughneck and rose over the years in the Texas oilpatch as driller, pusher and finally Supervisor over multiple rigs. If Mickey told you he would do something he sealed it with a handshake, not a piece of paper. His word was as good as his soul. He loved hunting when he was younger, fishing and camping with his grandkids and great grandkids. And he shared my love of the mountains of Colorado that we both went back to at any opportunity. Gone at 2 weeks short of 88, this one's for you Mickey. A quality man through and through.👷‍♂️

Sorry for your loss.  In time you will really remember all of the good times like it was just yesterday!

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Sorry for your loss.  In time you will really remember all of the good times like it was just yesterday!

Thanks. He lived far longer than expected since he had a triple bypass 27 years ago. But this time they were too clogged and he was too old to do another. He had been placed on hospice care, so I got a chance to see him the day before he died in his sleep overnight. He was at peace with it all. He knew he had lived many years on borrowed time.

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! "Eventually" keeps creeping closer and closer.😁👻

Isn't that the truth.  I was watching PBS yesterday some of the 60s rock n roll era, knew every word and realized that was 50+ years ago.  :huh:

We just lost my wife's spry 94 year old mother Feb. 1, 2019 after a broken hip in January, only my 86 year old mother is left.

I keep telling my now also retired wife we are now becoming the "elders"......even if we don't act it. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I keep telling my now also retired wife we are now becoming the "elders"......even if we don't act it. 

I got my daughter to admit that she and her husband moved back from Calif. to Texas because both their sets of parents were reaching the 70s. I just laughed and told her she was welcome to keep up with me on my long hikes in the high altitude of the Colorado mountains. She and her husband are the only two that can. I will hit 72 on the 21st.😁

Archived