THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns will Tender Higgins NOT Boddy-Calhoun

Zombo

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

I figured as much...  Can't use an original tender on my old pal (and the much improved) Dead Body- as he was a free agent signing. Higgins was a 5th round pick- so why save around $1 million, giving him the original round tender? Costs us around $3 million each with a second round tender to keep them for another year. Doubtful other teams will be willing to match, but you never know... 

Next up- let's see what Perriman and Team Extortion Rosenhaus want. 

Maybe we just go with the 5th round tender.  We already have three 5th rounders.  Having 4 could net you some nice trade up ability.

That is if we don't want to keep Higgins.

I like the guy but my feeling is he wouldn't be all that hard to replace.  Given the chance, I think Willies or Ratley could fill the spot.

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Maybe we just go with the 5th round tender.  We already have three 5th rounders.  Having 4 could net you some nice trade up ability.

That is if we don't want to keep Higgins.

I like the guy but my feeling is he wouldn't be all that hard to replace.  Given the chance, I think Willies or Ratley could fill the spot.

Agreed for the most part.  The only thing is that it seemed that he and Baker had some chemistry going between them after working together so much at first as second stringers.

I'm probably putting a 2nd round tender on Higgins and a 3rd round on Calhoun.

Higgins is a good player, we developed him, no reason to let him leave, I bet he'll sign an extension before the season.

Z

24 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'm probably putting a 2nd round tender on Higgins and a 3rd round on Calhoun.

Higgins is a good player, we developed him, no reason to let him leave, I bet he'll sign an extension before the season.

Z

:) Except as I alluded to Z, there is no third round tender. Only 4 options in RFA. 1st, 2nd, original round, or right of first refusal (match any competing offer). Calhoun was undrafted, so it's second round, or match in his case.

We can debate if Boddy is worth the $3 million a second round tender will cost.

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:) Except as I alluded to Z, there is no third round tender. Only 4 options in RFA. 1st, 2nd, original round, or right of first refusal (match any competing offer). Calhoun was undrafted, so it's second round, or match in his case.

We can debate if Boddy is worth the $3 million a second round tender will cost.

Give them both 2nd round tenders then.

Z

Archived