THE BROWNS BOARD

Thanks For Welcoming Bake

Chris Jester

I knew that you and he both would be so happy together. I travel surface highways for oil and gas and have also been to Cleveland via family. Cool natural scenery and development. Heck even a business owner in a decent sized town NE of Cleveland knew about Oklahoma Football and instantly called me an ''Okie'' 😎 even though I don't only identify as ''Okie'..lol. We just love our underDawg CFB Tradition/Status same as Cleveland Football Tradition: (OU: Accountable for 7 natty's and 7 Heisman Winners plus the longest winning streak in all College Football History at 47 wins (nearly 5 years) without a single loss or tie, that's all..😉  Go Browns-Go Baker! Ahh, there is indeed some fun to God's given life.

4 hours ago, Chris Jester said:

I knew that you and he both would be so happy together. I travel surface highways for oil and gas and have also been to Cleveland via family. Cool natural scenery and development. Heck even a business owner in a decent sized town NE of Cleveland knew about Oklahoma Football and instantly called me an ''Okie'' 😎 even though I don't only identify as ''Okie'..lol. We just love our underDawg CFB Tradition/Status same as Cleveland Football Tradition: (OU: Accountable for 7 natty's and 7 Heisman Winners plus the longest winning streak in all College Football History at 47 wins (nearly 5 years) without a single loss or tie, that's all..😉  Go Browns-Go Baker! Ahh, there is indeed some fun to God's given life.

Uh, Um...how do you figure that Oklahoma has an "Underdog" football tradition?   You even said it...they have all those national titles and Heisman winners.  Are you confusing yourself with Oklahoma State?  Or Kansas state...or something?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Uh, Um...how do you figure that Oklahoma has an "Underdog" football tradition?   You even said it...they have all those national titles and Heisman winners.  Are you confusing yourself with Oklahoma State?  Or Kansas state...or something?

My thoughts exactly. I put them somewhere near the Green Bay Packers of college. Not quite NE, but definitely not Detroit. 

7 hours ago, Chris Jester said:

We dont need you guys coming in here acting like he belongs to you or something or trying to start some homo fan club.

Take your Surface highway back to the poor underdog Sooners Board, we've got men discussing football here.

Z

11 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We dont need you guys coming in here acting like he belongs to you or something or trying to start some homo fan club.

Take your Surface highway back to the poor underdog Sooners Board, we've got men discussing football here.

Z

Yeah, and Baker's from Texas, not Oklahoma y'all. :)

6 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

What cracks me up even more is he didn't post this when we drafted him saying oh thanks for being so kind and welcoming Baker. He waited until after he had a record-setting season to say this. I was thinking as I read it if (thank God he didn't) Baker had a similar rookie season to Brandon Weeden would he have come on here Thanking us for welcoming Baker?

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

LOL, damn, tough crowd today

I agree.   Give the guy a break..   We all have reasons why we are Browns fans.  If Baker is his reason, nothing wrong with that IMO.

25 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I agree.   Give the guy a break..   We all have reasons why we are Browns fans.  If Baker is his reason, nothing wrong with that IMO.

I would agree with you if he were talking about how much he enjoyed watching the Browns this year and he hadn't done so previously but since Baker got drafted here he watched and he really likes the team. But as zombo pointed out it seems like he's claiming ownership of Baker because he went to Oklahoma and saying thanks for accepting my boy. 

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

I would agree with you if he were talking about how much he enjoyed watching the Browns this year and he hadn't done so previously but since Baker got drafted here he watched and he really likes the team. But as zombo pointed out it seems like he's claiming ownership of Baker because he went to Oklahoma and saying thanks for accepting my boy. 

Sounded to me a lot like the many Manzidiots who showed up here after we drafted the drunk midget.  At least this dude had the smarts to show up after he had a great season instead of right after the draft to tell us how great their boy was gonna be. 

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Having spent a lot of Cleveland trips with Zombo.....it doesn't take much to qualify as "wiser" than Zombo.    :)

Why qualify.....just agree damn it!

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Sounded to me a lot like the many Manzidiots who showed up here after we drafted the drunk midget.  At least this dude had the smarts to show up after he had a great season instead of right after the draft to tell us how great their boy was gonna be. 

I agree that it's better wait until the end of the season, but that kind of makes it all the more funny to me that we are getting thanks for accepting Baker. Fans will accept any player that breaks (good) records in their first year. it's not like browns fans doing something out of the normal. That's why I brought up if Baker had performed like Brandon Weeden in his first we would not have been as accepting 😆.

12 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Sounded to me a lot like the many Manzidiots who showed up here after we drafted the drunk midget.  

Are there any Texas A&M fans that came to this board because of Billy Manziel that are still here? (I'm guessing TexAg is the only one left?)

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Yeah I think so he came for Manziel but stayed for the browns. I respect that.

Yeah, TexAg is a good guy. 

I think wargograw was one of those TexAg/Manziel guys who came here after Manziel was drafted, but he hasn't been on this board much after his hypothetical girlfriend had a hypothetical miscarriage. 

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, TexAg is a good guy. 

I think wargograw was one of those TexAg/Manziel guys who came here after Manziel was drafted, but he hasn't been on this board much after his hypothetical girlfriend had a hypothetical miscarriage. 

Ya, those two guys made it through the hazing, if we got two good Browns fans out of 100 Manzealots that is success.

Where has War been ... don't think I heard about the girlfriend thing.

Zombo

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Ya, those two guys made it through the hazing, if we got two good Browns fans out of 100 Manzealots that is success.

Zombo

Yeah, sounds like he’s implying a Manti Te’o type of girlfriend story with a miscarriage? Tough accusations there Dutch!

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Some of them agricultural and mechanical types came here for  JFF.....and stayed when we got  Garrett.

6 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Yeah, sounds like he’s implying a Manti Te’o type of girlfriend story with a miscarriage? Tough accusations there Dutch!

😝 

Remember the 0-16 parade? He made an absolutely ridiculous comment comparing throwing a parade for your team going 0-16 and throwing a parade for his (mythical) girlfriend having a (mythical) miscarriage. It went over like a lead balloon, many people ripped him unmercifully for it, and he's kind of fallen off the board since then.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

😝

Remember the 0-16 parade? He made an absolutely ridiculous comment comparing throwing a parade for your team going 0-16 and throwing a parade for his (mythical) girlfriend having a (mythical) miscarriage. It went over like a lead balloon, many people ripped him unmercifully for it, and he's kind of fallen off the board since then.  

Ah, missed all that. I imagine he took some shit. 

Starts Page 4 of Parade thread.

This is the 1st time its mentioned in the thread, but it was edited a bit. I think the word If wasn't in there in beginning 

Why would you mock it though? How does that help anything? Hey, if my wife just had a miscarriage maybe to make myself feel better I'd go make fun of her for it! Wooh!

8 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Starts Page 4 of Parade thread.

This is the 1st time its mentioned in the thread, but it was edited a bit. I think the word If wasn't in there in beginning 

Why would you mock it though? How does that help anything? Hey, if my wife just had a miscarriage maybe to make myself feel better I'd go make fun of her for it! Wooh!

Yeah, the word "if" was definitely added after the proverbial shit hit the fan. 

Good times!

Wargo is still lurking, he liked a post on Feb. 12, and has some interactions in the college football thread.

Damn, he was a lot of work during the Johnny years ... I hope it was not all for nothing.

Come crack an Okie skull and feel better about yourself.

Zombo

Archived