THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody seen tape of this dk metcalf kid?

Clevfan4life

Ole miss right? Kids name is being mentioned as broqns drsft potential. 6'4 230 and doesnt drop is what i read. That "sounds" like the kind of prospect i might be ok with the browns sticking around at 17 for. Im thinkin dorseys thinkin "what weapons can i get baker?".  

I just defensively dont see anyone worth sticking around at 17 for that wont get drafted before.....unless cpt Sarm's (PED) from Clemson falls.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Matcalf might be the pick, but there are a lot of defensive players worth taking at 17.

Look harder

As far as the mocks ive seen, no rem those are mocks we wont know how it shakes out till they actually do the fucking draft.....but from what ive seen most def players that would "immediately" start on the browns were gone by 17. Theres perhaps a DB that might fall to us tho that they say is an opening day lock to start.

If we stay at 17 it has to be for a player like that. This metcalf kid sounds like a potential freak

40 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Corey Coleman isn't a 6'4, 225lb athletic freak like Metcalf..

We NEED a big WR who can go and get it.

That's great and and all...while I get where you're going, I'm also not going to invest a rather high 1st round pick in a 1 trick pony.      The kid need some serious polish and at this point I would think somebody would realize, being an athletic freak doesn't guarantee NFL success.   Look at how many receivers have come and gone in the last 10 years that were athletic marvels yet Antonio Browns small ass is top 5 at this position.  

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

That's great and and all...while I get where you're going, I'm also not going to invest a rather high 1st round pick in a 1 trick pony.      The kid need some serious polish and at this point I would think somebody would realize, being an athletic freak doesn't guarantee NFL success.   Look at how many receivers have come and gone in the last 10 years that were athletic marvels yet Antonio Browns small ass is top 5 at this position.  

We have speedsters in Callaway and Perriman.. 

Sure it would be a high pick, but there is a chance he slips into the 2nd or we move up towards the end of the 1st round to nab him.

I have believed since LAST pre-season that OBJ would be a Brown in 2019. Even if he isn't, I would prefer we not target a WR in this draft before round 3. We'll see.

Mike

Obj isnt coming to clev no matter how cool baker is. Obj is not a cleveland kind of guy. Not knocking his skill, but he's a man diva.....look at his oroblems in new fucking york when he doesnt get his way. U think he's not gonna salt the whole lockeroom when the ball stops coming his way a few games? 

19 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Is he the dude on the left? Holy shitballs thats more than 225lbs. That kind of muscle on a 6'4 frame is easily 260 if he has any legs and ass whatsoever. Dear lord, he shames Gordon. 

I don't need a defensive end playing wide receiver.

I wonder if he can play DE?

I am big on offensive football.  I have been saying for over a decade that the4 spread would come to the NFL and the QB position would change.  I also know that you can't bank on scoring 35-40 points a game, especially in the playoffs.

Defense still matters.  A few teams need a QB so 2-3 of those will go before 17.  A LT or two will go.....we will draft a LT type before a WR.  There will be several quality defenders on the board when we pick.

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Obj isnt coming to clev no matter how cool baker is. Obj is not a cleveland kind of guy. Not knocking his skill, but he's a man diva.....look at his oroblems in new fucking york when he doesnt get his way. U think he's not gonna salt the whole lockeroom when the ball stops coming his way a few games? 

I agree with that.   The guy is a problem I don't want in the locker room.

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

"Maybe" a corner. Front 7 guys im not seeing shit fall to us except possibly dexter i cost myself the ncaa champ lawrence.....who ofc id take in a heartbeat. 

Like you said, you never know until the draft comes to you.  Sometimes you have to let it happen.  I just don't see Dorsey taking a receiver at #1.  I see him taking a defender or a O tackle....be it one side or another.  

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Megatron would like a word with you.

LOL....cool.   Maybe we split Myles wide right?  

I did like him.  He played at Georgia Tech.....I live 100 miles from the campus.  I was all on board if we drafted him...actually wanted him

11 hours ago, ballpeen said:

LOL....cool.   Maybe we split Myles wide right?  

I did like him.  He played at Georgia Tech.....I live 100 miles from the campus.  I was all on board if we drafted him...actually wanted him

So you're saying no kid that's a plus sized receiver should play out wide despite show proficiency there...?  

Right then.  

16 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I agree.. I don't want OBJ anywhere near Cleveland.. Let him rot with Eli.. Secondly.. DK Metcalf is also Eric Metcalf's nephew.. I find that somewhat interesting.. But yeah.. We have bigger needs than WR.. Although.. there are rumors Perriman is about to go Terrell Pryor on us..Don't let the door hit your ass Brashad.. Baker Mayfield made you.. not the other way around.

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

So you're saying no kid that's a plus sized receiver should play out wide despite show proficiency there...?  

Right then.  

I never said that.  Don't get me wrong, I like the kid.  I live in SEC county so I have seen many Miss. St games.  It would be cool to have Erics nephew play for the Browns.  The big thing with me is his medicals.  He missed a large portion of the season with a neck injury.

My only issue with your position was when you said there wouldn't be any defensive players worth drafting at #17.  I just disagree with that.

If Metcalf checks out, he probably won't last until 17, so we would have to move up to draft him.  Would we do that?  Maybe.  If we would be willing to do that, we would also be willing to move up for a defensive player as well.  

I won't be upset if we draft Metcalf, but my feeling is defensive needs are greater and probably the direction we take..

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

At this point I'm not sure who you're responding to,  because I sure as shit never said that. 

LOL....my bad man, I was thinking you started the thread.  Again, I don't have a problem with big receivers.  I like Josh.  He was a big receiver.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:19 AM, domcucch1994 said:

Corey Coleman isn't a 6'4, 225lb athletic freak like Metcalf..

We NEED a big WR who can go and get it.

First of all that is NOT 225 lbs. in that pic. That is a solid 250 and more of a DE body. The bulk he added in such a short period of time should be a big giant red flag. 

Archived