THE BROWNS BOARD

Anybody seen tape of this dk metcalf kid?

Clevfan4life

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

First of all that is NOT 225 lbs. in that pic. That is a solid 250 and more of a DE body. The bulk he added in such a short period of time should be a big giant red flag. 

I agree, but if it can't be traced, no foul....right?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we learned nothing from David Boston?

If you get too big, you're not explosively quick as a WR and therefore the muscle doesn't matter because you can't separate.  I don't understand the fantasy of "big guy playing basketball" because the quicker DB can get his hands around regardless.

This should drop Metcalf's draft stock if people were smart - but we'll be drafting front 7 in round 1 anyway.  Plenty will be there --  I would avoid Jeffrey Simmons and his blown ACL, though.  Safe bets are a couple of Dremont Jones, Polite, Clelin Farrell, or Wilkins will be available.

17 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I agree, but if it can't be traced, no foul....right?

No because to maintain it longer term he will have to cycle again. Speaking from experience as well once you get used to that PED crutch it’s very hard to not use it. He didn’t put that mass on with just hgh or a SARM either. Just my opinion. 

So when Gordon was here and looked like that it was ok? We all know his crutch was weed and not PEDs

On 2/22/2019 at 12:01 PM, jcam222 said:

No because to maintain it longer term he will have to cycle again. Speaking from experience as well once you get used to that PED crutch it’s very hard to not use it. He didn’t put that mass on with just hgh or a SARM either. Just my opinion. 

Agreed on all accounts.  

Also even with a metabolic schedule,  good chance you still piss hot off the rando tests in the NFL.       Then the off season becomes even more of your enemy because now you have to contend with connective tissue, ligaments, growth plates and bone structure dealing with inhuman muscle gain/loss which leads itself to injury even in non contact drills.  

In short, it's one of the reasons I crossed Dexter Lawrence off of my draft list in the 1st three rounds - his chance at severe injury is 3 fold greater after his extended ostarine use.   And please, don't @ me if youre a Clemson fan or trying to defend the kid.  

2 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

So when Gordon was here and looked like that it was ok? We all know his crutch was weed and not PEDs

JG worked to get an incredibly low body fat %.   Which is why he said he was working with a nutritionist because you want to maintain that level at a safe rate.        So any mass Josh put on would have looked "big" on him.  

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

JG worked to get an incredibly low body fat %.   Which is why he said he was working with a nutritionist because you want to maintain that level at a safe rate.        So any mass Josh put on would have looked "big" on him.  

that's not my point, most in this discussion are claiming DK cant look like that without juicing. We'll know soon enough as he will be tested on March 1st at the combine.

15 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

that's not my point, most in this discussion are claiming DK cant look like that without juicing. We'll know soon enough as he will be tested on March 1st at the combine.

It's possible without juicing, certainly no doubt about that.    But at some point as a skill position player it becomes something of a hindrance to your play carrying that kind of size outside of the framework of your body.

That said, like I mentioned before - the metabolic schedules on these drugs are well documented.  So if you piss hot at the combine you're a complete dumbass.   I'd bet good money DK ends up passing a test.    Doesn't mean he hasn't juiced, just means he didn't get caught.  

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

It's possible without juicing, certainly no doubt about that.    But at some point as a skill position player it becomes something of a hindrance to your play carrying that kind of size outside of the framework of your body.

That said, like I mentioned before - the metabolic schedules on these drugs are well documented.  So if you piss hot at the combine you're a complete dumbass.   I'd bet good money DK ends up passing a test.    Doesn't mean he hasn't juiced, just means he didn't get caught.  

the smart ones don't get caught

6 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Gordon was shredded but I do not believe he had the kind of mass that Metcalf has. Hard to tell just from pics. 

Not even close if that picture hasnt been doctored any. Metcalf in that pic is easily as big as myles if not bigger. Is thst all functional muscle? Prob not....quick muscle is usually sattelite cells that take time to mature and establish solid neuroligical connections. 

On 2/21/2019 at 4:47 PM, jcam222 said:

First of all that is NOT 225 lbs. in that pic. That is a solid 250 and more of a DE body. The bulk he added in such a short period of time should be a big giant red flag. 

What difference does it make? We NEED a WR who can go up and get it. This guy answers the call

23 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

What difference does it make? We NEED a WR who can go up and get it. This guy answers the call

If he is that big and losses athleticism, while risking an injury... It makes a difference.

The key word here is as tia said 'framework'. Everybody has one, work outside its boundaries and you'll be in trouble. Even more in an elite sport.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

The only difference between those two pics are form and posture.     Kid is still about the same size. 

Ur prob right that the 1st pic was the result of angle and loss of size relation to other objects in the room. But 1st pic he looked like alistair overeem in his juicing prime....

DK is going to be good. I like what I've seen from him. 2nd round? 

10 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Yea , I mean its not like we've experienced a  big time WR who can go up and get the ball but still had issues :)

Jerry Jones once said the highest valued ability for a player to have is AVAILability :) 

On 2/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, tiamat63 said:

This sounds weird to me.. How do you smoke weed and NOT get the munchies... I know every time I smoke weed I get the munchies LOL.... Not exactly a great way to keep body fat down.. Just sayin'

11 hours ago, PoeticG said:

DK is going to be good. I like what I've seen from him. 2nd round? 

I would be shocked if he was available to us in the 2nd round.  If by some fluke he slid to day two, he would be the player to keep GM's up all night trying to work a trade to get to the top of round 2.

In a perfect world we draft a great defensive player because we need better defensive players.  But, it isn't a perfect world and the draft to me isn't about needs....at least as the guiding force.  If this kid is the best on the board, then we need to take him.

It may not be the best thing in the short term, but in the long run you can't go wrong adding great players.

We have FA starting in about 3 weeks.  We best target a need or two there to eliminate the pressure to draft for needs.

14 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

In a perfect world we draft a great defensive player because we need better defensive players.  But, it isn't a perfect world and the draft to me isn't about needs....at least as the guiding force.  If this kid is the best on the board, then we need to take him.

It may not be the best thing in the short term, but in the long run you can't go wrong adding great players.

👍 110 % !! 

22 hours ago, nickers said:

This sounds weird to me.. How do you smoke weed and NOT get the munchies... I know every time I smoke weed I get the munchies LOL.... Not exactly a great way to keep body fat down.. Just sayin'

Right? In addition although I havent smoked in MANY years I do not recall being motivated to run or work out after lol, I was more of a smoke it then watch the Flintstones guy LOL 

On 2/21/2019 at 4:47 PM, jcam222 said:

Well on the weight itself I was wrong. He weighed in at 228. Must be the angle of the pic. That said he’s about as natural as Arnold in his prime lol. 

Metcalf-6'3-228 lbs-34 7/8" arms-hands 9 7/8" & just threw the bar up 27 times.. Hakeem Butler-6'5"-227lbs.-35 1/4" arms-HANDS-10 3/4"...bench 18, but some damm munsters.. N'Keal Harry put up 27 on bench also

Archived