THE BROWNS BOARD

Cap Space Predictions ....

darren15

6 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Our cap makes interesting reading ....standing at $78m so far ....cutting Collins and Hubbard will add $19m

I wonder how much we will spend of it in FA

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/

If we're wise, no more than say $30 million. Have to save cap room down the road when all those first round rookie contracts are up. 

17 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Wjy would we cut a starting OL when that OL gelled beautifully with baker?

There is talk he could be cut ....... I would keep him but who knows

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Wjy would we cut a starting OL when that OL gelled beautifully with baker?

???

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

There is talk he could be cut ....... I would keep him but who knows

Who you talking about- Zietler? No way. 2020 his cap hit is 1\2 of what it is this year... 

I'd say Hubbard is the weakest of the links of our Oline at the moment. It's a good thing that we have a good central core, because I think we could see his flaws more often.

Someone tweeted earlier that Dorsey may look to make a trade for Justin Houston .... probably be a 3rd or 4th rounder ....any news of this in Ohio ?

Problem with houston is, the chiefs are tooen to trading him cause they're worried he's an ill fit for their new 4-3. Speaks and Ford are apparently better fits....so why bring him into our 4-3 when we already gace avery as that sub package olb'er at a 5th round rookie contract vs houstons ginormous contract?

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Thats interesting....any valid source to that?

I just read it yesterday .....cannot remember who tweeted it but as its only 1 person tweeting it and nobody else I would say its just rumors 

52 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Sounds like the Vikings might unload players like Barr.  Their cap space is horrible.

That's why I'm saying be judicious spending. We'll be in the same position when Garrett, Mayfield and others start coming off their rookie contracts.

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

That's why I'm saying be judicious spending. We'll be in the same position when Garrett, Mayfield and others start coming off their rookie contracts.

I agree.  We will need loads of cash available to get our own guys signed.  And don't wait until the end.  We might have Myles for 3 more years, but I would look to extend him NEXT year.  Pay him a huge ass signing bonus to take the cap next year, then have a manageable contract behind that.  Same deal with Baker the year after that.  Chubb being a back, let that play out.

I saw something a day or two ago that we might just be  interested in Suh. That would be a major upgrade if we can afford him. Sign him and do what it takes to draft White as ILB and we are post-season bound immediately.

Archived