THE BROWNS BOARD

Paying For The Wall

BaconHound

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Fox's Chris Wallace not too happy about this circumvention of the will of Congress. He nailed Steven Miller to the wall on it yesterday. This article contains a link to the full interview.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/824370/fox-news-chris-wallace-grills-trump-adviser-steven-miller-wheres-national-emergency-build-wall

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I kind of like the idea of taking it out of El Chapo's ass.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Stay on point Steve, raiding military money funds for his wall.

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Stay on point Steve, raiding military money funds for his wall.

Just stating my preferences. And if you have followed my posts I've been pretty consistent on the idea but the military could be streamlined by trimming what I see is a great deal of waste. And as you know I don't love the wall but I don't despise it either.

WSS

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Even Fox's Chris Wallace not too happy about this circumvention of the will of Congress. He nailed Steven Miller to the wall on it yesterday. This article contains a link to the full interview.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/824370/fox-news-chris-wallace-grills-trump-adviser-steven-miller-wheres-national-emergency-build-wall

Funny you failed to mention Miller’s reply.

I’ll mention it for you, in 1975 Congress passed a law that gave the President power to use military funds for security measures. As Miller said to Wallace, “if this was a border wall in Afghanistan, it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow”.

38 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’ll mention it for you, in 1975 Congress passed a law that gave the President power to use military funds for security measures. As Miller said to Wallace, “if this was a border wall in Afghanistan, it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow”.

Those are war zones, something that POS miller knows nothing about.

52 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

The U.S. Constitution gives the federal government authority to the secure our nation's borders. You Dimocrats may want to read it sometimes.

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

The U.S. Constitution gives the federal government authority to the secure our nation's borders. You Dimocrats may want to read it sometimes.

National Review: Trump’s Emergency Declaration Is Contemptuous of the Rule of Law

21 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

We’ll see what the Supreme Court says, as it’s likely to end up there. Probably a few years down the road.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

We’ll see what the Supreme Court says, as it’s likely to end up there. Probably a few years down the road.

And it will be a coin toss as to how it goes with Bush appointed Justice John Roberts likely being the deciding vote:

Is Chief Justice Roberts A Secret Liberal?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-chief-justice-roberts-a-secret-liberal/

6 hours ago, BaconHound said:

...by taking money from the Military.  Can't imagine the outrage if a Democrat President had the audacity to raid $3.6 billion of military funding for a pet project.  

I don't care. The military wastes plenty of money which Democrats well knew until two weeks ago. 

I think they mostly dont want the wall because if it's even a little effective they look like fools. 

10 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I don't care. The military wastes plenty of money which Democrats well knew until two weeks ago. 

I think they mostly dont want the wall because if it's even a little effective they look like fools. 

Good luck getting the MSM to report if it is even the slightest bit effective.

WSS

7 hours ago, BaconHound said:

...by taking money from the Military.  Can't imagine the outrage if a Democrat President had the audacity to raid $3.6 billion of military funding for a pet project.  

Although I rarely if ever agree with Bacon on anything, I do on this.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Here’s a clip of the interview 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Not for the younger generations that don't watch cable news. 

Their strategy in the future will be interesting.

Millennials in general don’t watch much TV.

That’s probably got a lot a advertising agencies shitting their pants.

11 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

But I did. I included the entire interview and pointed out the article contained the link to it.

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Is anybody under the mistaken impression that Chris Wallace is a right winger?

WSS

All he needs is a sex change operation, and he could give Rachel Madcow a run for her money.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

All he needs is a sex change operation, and he could give Rachel Madcow a run for her money.

Actually I kind of respect him for trying to stay middle of the road and dishing a little shit to both sides. It's just that some people flio when they see the word Fox. I used to respect Tim Russert on Meet the Press because he was pretty even-handed. Most of these bastards have moved pretty much completely left or right. 

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Actually I kind of respect him for trying to stay middle of the road and dishing a little fit to both sides. It's just that some people football when they see the word Fox. I used to respect Tim Russert on Meet the Press because he was pretty even-handed. Most of these bastards have moved pretty much completely left or right. 

WSS

I agree, Chris Wallace puts a new spin on being a Fox News reporter.

I also stopped watching Meet the Press when Russert passed away...it just became unwatchable.

Archived