THE BROWNS BOARD

You know what's really going to suck???

Tour2ma

15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Not wishing this guy a Happy 83rd Birthday!! gumby73   Happy Birthday 🐐.. Rc6r.gif     

hell man this deserved it's own thread that could be brought up every year

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2019 at 8:02 AM, Flugel said:

While beating a division rival in the closing seconds is an absolute thrill; Karma reminds us there's 2 AFC North teams outside of Ohio that need some serious payback. You're buddy Flugel would LOVE to see it happen in the form of a blow out or 2 or 3.... 

While I would celebrate blowouts over doormats, there's simply not the same level of satisfaction as ripping out hearts in 4th-Qtr, game-winning drives after hard fought battles

On 2/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, hoorta said:

"The transition tag gives Bell more flexibility. That's why he would welcome it. But one option that would not be possible under the transition tag: a sign and trade. The CBA does not allow that.

Hmmmm... yet this is just the scenario, i.e. tag and trade, that the folks on NFL Live talked about all week...

Personally, if it is allowed, I could see some sharp GM signing Bell and then not trading for him. That'd be ROFLMFAO material there...

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Hmmmm... yet this is just the scenario, i.e. tag and trade, that the folks on NFL Live talked about all week...

Personally, if it is allowed, I could see some sharp GM signing Bell and then not trading for him. That'd be ROFLMFAO material there...

If you want to read through the legal mumbo-jumbo, here it is in toto.  :)  

https://www.thefootballeducator.com/nfl-cba-article-10-franchise-transition-players/

However- if the above is what you were getting at- another team's GM could offer Bell a front loaded contract- (that Le'veon signs) and see if the Steelers would dare to match...  And if they did- tell Colbert, naw, we really didn't want him after all....  Welcome to cap hell.... 

Another thing in Article 10 that I'll take responsibility for spreading false information-  if Bell never signs a transition tag- his rights would stay with Pittsburgh, and they could repeat the Transition tag in the 2020 league year. So if Bell wants to get out of Dodge, he's going to have to sign something this year- before his value to other teams goes in the toilet....  

"When the Transition Player negotiates such an offer with a New Club, which the player desires to accept, he shall give to the Prior Club a completed Offer Sheet, signed by the player and the New Club, which shall contain the Principal Terms (as defined in Article 9) of the New Club’s offer. The Prior Club, within five (5) days from the date it receives the Offer Sheet, may exercise or not exercise its Right of First Refusal, which shall have the consequences set forth in Sections 3(b)–(h), 4 and 6 of Article 9 above, except that no Draft Choice Compensation shall be made with respect to such player, and, for the purposes of those provisions, the player and each Club shall otherwise have the same rights and obligations as for a Restricted Free Agent."

We'll have to let Gipper decipher this one...  The bold stuff sounds contradictory to me...   No compensation, or RFA rights? Does not compute...  

Well, well, all this Steeler drama for nothing.  Bell isn't going to get tagged. (of course, Browns not interested)...  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018424/article/pittsburgh-steelers-will-not-use-any-tag-on-leveon-bell

And as I posited, Vag is full of it if he thinks a high pick is in play for Brown... NFL.com agrees with me.... distressed goods with a lot of baggage... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018427/article/steelers-gm-antonio-brown-trade-must-benefit-team

Archived