THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy sez fock u Espn

Kvoethe

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

How much advertising does Flying J have to do?

You're a trucker. You see their big sign on the interstate. You pull over and get gas and take a dump and buy some Slim Jims.

Z

:D Amazing what companies will spend just to keep their "brand" in the public eye.  Like anyone in America doesn't know what Bud Lite, Coke or Pepsi are? Is advertising gong to make people switch their preferences in beer or sodas? I doubt it.   I pointed out in another thread insurance companies waste billions of dollars of their policy holders money a year advertising you can save big money switching to ______ . With GEICO being the worst offender....   

36 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I drive a truck. And I refuse to go to pilot or flying j. Jimmy is a horrible owner and a crook. 

Here is something for you:    Jimmy no longer owns Pilot/Flying J.    Warren Buffet does.   Jimmy has been retained by Buffet to manage it.....but that situation could change.   The profits no longer go to Jimmy...he just gets paid a salary now.  So, if his ownership of that entity was why you did not patronize it, you are off the hook now.  (as manager, he can still make decisions apparently about who the company deals with...and who it advertises with.

Of course JH got big big bucks to sell out to Buffet.   It is why he had all that disposable cash to buy the Columbus Crew  MLS team.  He may want to transition into "full time sports owner"...and eventually give up the truck stop gig. 

Also note....the NFL has repealed the former prohibition that said that an NFL owner could not own another  major league sports franchise in a market that is not the same as the NFL team he owns in.   They repealed this when they figured out that the Kroenke's would own an NFL team in LA, and other teams in Denver and St. Louis.   Big money talked.  Instead of enforcing the rule that would have prevented Kroenke to move the Rams to LA....they just got rid of the rule. 

So, now a guy like JH  can own a major league team in Cleveland....and another in some other city.   He could be in the market to perhaps buy an NBA team.....or to buy one and move it to like Nashville.   And perhaps the one most likely candidate...the one that is in the most financial difficulty:   The Memphis Grizzlies.   

Maybe JH can take his  Warren Buffet cash and buy them.  Maybe he leaves them there, maybe he moves them.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/pro-sports-teams-go-bankrupt-near-future.html/

And as long as we are on the topic of business in sports.......Did you all know that  First Energy had filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization Petition?

https://cases.primeclerk.com/fes/

Per this docket they just filed the plan of reorganization this week....Feb. 11th.   

I have not read through any of that plan......but I wonder:

IF First Energy is bankrupt...and required to reorganize  (which means restructuring some or all of their debt....but it could also mean eliminating some of their debt)......it could mean that they would have the right to cancel their long term stadium naming rights contract on Browns stadium.  If they decided that the massive amount of money they spend on that particular advertising venture cannot be justified, it could be nullified.

It would not break my heart.  I personally do not have First Energy as my electric supplier,  but I think many if not most of us in NE Ohio do have that. (I have municipal power).  And I can tell you that those with FE power pay a whole lot more than I do. (so thank God I don't have it).   I would not want my electric power company to waste money on stupid advertising gimmicks like stadium naming rights. 

So...we shall see.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is something for you:    Jimmy no longer owns Pilot/Flying J.    Warren Buffet does.   Jimmy has been retained by Buffet to manage it.....but that situation could change.   The profits no longer go to Jimmy...he just gets paid a salary now.  So, if his ownership of that entity was why you did not patronize it, you are off the hook now.  (as manager, he can still make decisions apparently about who the company deals with...and who it advertises with.

Of course JH got big big bucks to sell out to Buffet.   It is why he had all that disposable cash to buy the Columbus Crew  MLS team.  He may want to transition into "full time sports owner"...and eventually give up the truck stop gig. 

Also note....the NFL has repealed the former prohibition that said that an NFL owner could not own another  major league sports franchise in a market that is not the same as the NFL team he owns in.   They repealed this when they figured out that the Kroenke's would own an NFL team in LA, and other teams in Denver and St. Louis.   Big money talked.  Instead of enforcing the rule that would have prevented Kroenke to move the Rams to LA....they just got rid of the rule. 

So, now a guy like JH  can own a major league team in Cleveland....and another in some other city.   He could be in the market to perhaps buy an NBA team.....or to buy one and move it to like Nashville.   And perhaps the one most likely candidate...the one that is in the most financial difficulty:   The Memphis Grizzlies.   

Maybe JH can take his  Warren Buffet cash and buy them.  Maybe he leaves them there, maybe he moves them.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/pro-sports-teams-go-bankrupt-near-future.html/

I won’t give anymore of my money to jimmy. 

I gave up my season tickets. And sure won’t buy his crooked fuel

HE’S A CRIMINAL AND SHOULD BE IN JAIL

3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I won’t give anymore of my money to jimmy. 

I gave up my season tickets. And sure won’t buy his crooked fuel

HE’S A CRIMINAL AND SHOULD BE IN JAIL

...b,b,b,b,but He didn't know.  Him....and the janitor had no idea crooked stuff was going on.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And as long as we are on the topic of business in sports.......Did you all know that  First Energy had filed a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization Petition?

https://cases.primeclerk.com/fes/

Per this docket they just filed the plan of reorganization this week....Feb. 11th.   

I have not read through any of that plan......but I wonder:

IF First Energy is bankrupt...and required to reorganize  (which means restructuring some or all of their debt....but it could also mean eliminating some of their debt)......it could mean that they would have the right to cancel their long term stadium naming rights contract on Browns stadium.  If they decided that the massive amount of money they spend on that particular advertising venture cannot be justified, it could be nullified.

It would not break my heart.  I personally do not have First Energy as my electric supplier,  but I think many if not most of us in NE Ohio do have that. (I have municipal power).  And I can tell you that those with FE power pay a whole lot more than I do. (so thank God I don't have it).   I would not want my electric power company to waste money on stupid advertising gimmicks like stadium naming rights. 

So...we shall see.

I've always been amazed that corporations will shell out millions per year to put their name on an NFL stadium. It proves what? You have money to burn? Not like multi millionaires donating big bucks once to get their name on a building or hospital...  

15 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I drive a truck. And I refuse to go to pilot or flying j. Jimmy is a horrible owner and a crook. 

So basically it "Love's" for you...

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to make intricate and informative posts

Understand that you stated that he technically still works for and is paid by the company.  Browns149 is a trucker and obviously takes it quite personally.....as that brotherhood would.

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So basically it "Love's" for you...

No. I go to speedway mostly. Great rewards program. I haven’t paid for a drink or pizza in years. Also get .50 cents off gas for my personal car 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Understand that you stated that he technically still works for and is paid by the company.  Browns149 is a trucker and obviously takes it quite personally.....as that brotherhood would.

I understand that. That’s not really what I was even talking about. 

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Anyone who thinks its fucking shitty that someone can rip people off and get off without a minute spent in jail because he's rich and his brother is the governor of Tennessee should take it personally. 

Fuck Jimmy Rebates. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone who thinks its fucking shitty that someone can rip people off and get off without a minute spent in jail because he's rich and his brother is the governor of Tennessee should take it personally. 

Fuck Jimmy Rebates. 

under the guide lines of the political and rich there was no wrong doing so please just move along there is nothing to see here

On 2/15/2019 at 6:46 AM, hoorta said:

I've always been amazed that corporations will shell out millions per year to put their name on an NFL stadium. It proves what? You have money to burn? Not like multi millionaires donating big bucks once to get their name on a building or hospital...  

I also wondered about that. But see, I can tell you it works from my personal experience: First time I knew about AT&T was because it was the name of the Dallas' stadium. Same with First Energy or Metlife. Those companies are not that famous in Spain. 

It is not probable that I will have to decide between those companies unless I move to the United States, but there are a lot of NFL fans in the world that might, and probably have similar experiences with trademarks thanks to those stadium names.

Archived