THE BROWNS BOARD

Flacco is going to Denver

darren15

Just now, darren15 said:

Dont see them keeping Chase Keenum's salary on the books ..... will probably be cut

Keenum can go bridge a rookie or backup a real starter somewhere, which is what his ceiling is.

The Broncos now can find their QB of the future while Flacco keeps them competive with a good defense. Kinda like he was with the Ravens.

Zombo

It is a surprise for me, I didn't think of the Broncos as a possible destination for Flacco, but it may work for both parts. If it doesn't, I think Elway will lose all the credit he had: how many quaterbacks has he brought as starters? The only one that worked was Peyton freaking Manning. 

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

It is a surprise for me, I didn't think of the Broncos as a possible destination for Flacco, but it may work for both parts. If it doesn't, I think Elway will lose all the credit he had: how many quaterbacks has he brought as starters? The only one that worked was Peyton freaking Manning. 

Let's not forget, he drafted future HOF'er Paxton Lynch! :)

Broncos fans don't seem too happy, its basically giving up a mid pick, adding salary and dead money (when case is cut) for an immobile statue who's posted worse stats in almost every category than case over the last 2 years. They need OL helps or Joe's retiring in a stretcher. Alot of worry about elway continually kicking the QB can down the road. 

Ravens are banking the rest of the NFL won’t adjust to Lamar.

Plus , it’s only a matter of time he gets injured.

we should have swept the ratbirds last season... we got hosed. Now that we are more respectable - look for that Raiders fiasco and other horrible officiating to swing in our favor.

(one can dream)

Bermeck 

With Fangio on board and a good pass rush + Chris Harris,  the idea is probably to reload/ retool the Dline and Oline then let the defense do the heavy lifting while for offense is efficient if unspectacular.   Good defense and a great turnover differential is probably the idea,  I would assume.  

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Which proves once again...Elway can't draft a QB to save his life.

Which had me thinking.. In all the time Elway has been at the helm.. They really havent bred anyone at QB except maybe Jay Cutler.. Thats not saying a lot...

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Keenum can go bridge a rookie or backup a real starter somewhere, which is what his ceiling is.

The Broncos now can find their QB of the future while Flacco keeps them competive with a good defense. Kinda like he was with the Ravens.

Zombo

What's surprising to me Z, is the Redskins didn't make a serious offer- or got out bidded or not enough cap room. Smith isn't playing this year, or maybe ever again. With that ilizarov device still on his leg months after the injury tells me that leg was shattered. They have our old pal Colt McCoy, so connect the dots.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well....to be fair. Peyton had only won 1 SB until he was picked up by the Broncos.   I see Elway trying to accomplish the same as with the Manning pickup.....see if a guy that has been there, done that once can do it again.

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

What's surprising to me Z, is the Redskins didn't make a serious offer- or got out bidded or not enough cap room. Smith isn't playing this year, or maybe ever again. With that ilizarov device still on his leg months after the injury tells me that leg was shattered. They have our old pal Colt McCoy, so connect the dots.

I have not seen it.   What DID the Broncos give up to get Flacco?

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I have not seen it.   What DID the Broncos give up to get Flacco?

Nothing official. Reported to be a mid round pick. Don't forget, nothing is official until March.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nothing official. Reported to be a mid round pick. Don't forget, nothing is official until March.

I heard that earlier today and was thinking, 'The trade deadline passed.  And it's not the new league year until mid-March'.

5 hours ago, bermeck08 said:

Ravens are banking the rest of the NFL won’t adjust to Lamar.

Plus , it’s only a matter of time he gets injured.

we should have swept the ratbirds last season... we got hosed. Now that we are more respectable - look for that Raiders fiasco and other horrible officiating to swing in our favor.

(one can dream)

Bermeck 

Banking on Jackson is, IMHO, one HUGE mistake for the Ravens, but great for the Browns.

Mike

I heard 4th round pick. But some think this is an upgrade. I do not. Flacco is older, less mobile, injury prone, and actually had worse stats and performance then Keenum over the past several years. Plus his Salary is huge. I have several friends that are going ape-$hi! over this. But it couldn't have happened to a better franchise. 

68IU.gif    Still stings a bit Elway? Denver ranked 8th in most pass attempts last season. Denver also ranked #22 in sacks allowing 34..Fangio's best coaching hire was his OL coach Munchak from the berg..It's early, but Denver got better starting with Fangio..Not Elway

Elway's QB expertise ain't holding up so well...

Word is that Flacco saw Jackson as the team's future and basically ceased to give a shit about the Ravens. Stopped working with WRs after practice... never helped Jackson... and at 34 he's not playing forever.

Great move, John!

4 hours ago, 5150k9 said:

I heard 4th round pick. But some think this is an upgrade. I do not. Flacco is older, less mobile, injury prone, and actually had worse stats and performance then Keenum over the past several years. Plus his Salary is huge. I have several friends that are going ape-$hi! over this. But it couldn't have happened to a better franchise. 

^^^ That, and this....   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-the-broncos-reported-plan-for-case-keenum-after-pulling-off-surprising-trade-for-joe-flacco/

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Elway's QB expertise ain't holding up so well...

Word is that Flacco saw Jackson as the team's future and basically ceased to give a shit about the Ravens. Stopped working with WRs after practice... never helped Jackson... and at 34 he's not playing forever.

Great move, John!

See the link above Tour.... Even if they manage to move Keenum, it's gonna cost 'em...   :) 

8 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Banking on Jackson is, IMHO, one HUGE mistake for the Ravens, but great for the Browns.

Mike

It will be interesting or maybe just fun to see who ends up being the best quarterback in the AFCN in 2019 season.  ;)

Sounds like a question for Dutch's '19 Browns.

Archived