THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

tiamat63

So Roger? What's the hold up? "NFL investigation conclusion should wrap-up in a few days"..now weeks? a month? waiting on that slow news day Roger? i hate millionaire suits :) 

49 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It was alluded to earlier in this thread- and that's not the case. Up until the regular season starts, a suspended player can work out with the team, attend practices, and even play in preseason games. So Hunt will for sure get a playbook (if he hasn't already) When the regular season starts- then it's no contact with the team. Can't even go to an NFL game as a spectator. 

EDIT:  Researching- But, when a player comes back from a suspension, the playbook he got in preseason probably changed quite a bit- as it's opponent specific. However, every team has a set of basic plays they use throughout the season...  

& according to the calendar in another thread the Browns can start formal offseason workouts April 1st....  

Yeah I get that I was just being hypothetical that if he can't contribute because he doesn't know enough of the Playbook or whatever or there is some situation like that I wouldn't think it a shady move to not have him on the active roster for 1 to however many weeks it takes to get everything sorted out. Hopefully all of this is new and it's not a 10 game suspension.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'd love to see a cross check of Hunt supporters and Rice condemners.

My guess is the lists would be close to identical.

Similar to Catholics who refuse to listen to any Michael Jackson songs anymore? 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Similar to Catholics who refuse to listen to any Michael Jackson songs anymore? 

I didn’t hear about that...but I’m not Catholic either. Just never listened to MJ, cause I thought it was strange some guy would sing “Beat It” while only wearing one glove.

8 games it is, and you know what?  I'll take it.  We have depth at the RB position for the second half of the year, and I can't wait to see how Kitchens uses all of our weapons.  I'm desperately trying not to jump out of my ass with excitement, but DANG this is fun.  

I don't want to jinx it, but maybe...just maybe...we'll win a season opener!!  Hehehehehe!  Well, with our luck the NFL will put us on prime time against the Patriots for our first game.  LOLOLOL

8 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

8 games it is, and you know what?  I'll take it.  We have depth at the RB position for the second half of the year, and I can't wait to see how Kitchens uses all of our weapons.  I'm desperately trying not to jump out of my ass with excitement, but DANG this is fun.  

I don't want to jinx it, but maybe...just maybe...we'll win a season opener!!  Hehehehehe!  Well, with our luck the NFL will put us on prime time against the Patriots for our first game.  LOLOLOL

The potential for something just short of Rice was there, so 8 is not bad.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/19182415

It’s actually almost identical to what Ray Rice got, which was effectively 13-14 games. His incident was in 2014. His 2 game suspension got Goodell’d to a lifetime suspension, which he appealed and got overturned late November of that same year. He was free to sign and play with any team after that point.

It's a new team and a new offense he's got to learn.

At least he'll have the offseason, TC. and preseason to learn the playbook and timing.   (he  CAN play in preseason games right?)  But the 8 week lay-off will set him back some.  Fortunately he plays RB where a big part of it is, You gimme the ball and I hit the gap I'm supposed to hit.

OMG... looks like we have a new fan in LaCancera!

NFL Insider Notes: Browns win again with Kareem Hunt return date, impactful free agents still available and more

Cleveland will get a well-rested Hunt just as aches are adding up and the best teams start to separate

Dorsey and his staff now have closure on the suspension of Kareem Hunt, who they signed on a cheap one-year deal shortly after the Super Bowl. And Hunt's eight-week suspension happens to match up right with the NFL's trade deadline. So I would couch it in those terms. Think of it this way: Dorsey now knows he will be acquiring Hunt – as long as he steers clear of any future violations of the league's personal conduct policy – at the deadline to fortify his already-formidable roster for the playoff push. The Browns can hold on to Johnson well into October if they wish, add something at a position of need for Johnson in-season, and then get a super-motivated Hunt, playing for his NFL career on a one-year deal, down the stretch.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-browns-win-again-with-kareem-hunt-return-date-impactful-free-agents-still-available-and-more/

On 3/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I totally agree.  I'm definitely ok with 8 games, and I sincerely hope Kareem can get it turned around.  For some reason, I think he will.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One quick tidbit about Hunt that I thought was interesting. Nathan Zegura of Browns Daily has repeatedly said that Hunt looks like a "Cheat Code" and is routinely making people look silly out there. I think I kind of forgot just how special Hunt can be, and maybe I figured anybody would produce in that Chiefs offense, lol. Anyway, Zegura and several other media members that watched OTA's have said how amazing Hunt currently looks, and I can only hope he keeps it together and truly is a changed man. 

• Upvote 2