THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

tiamat63

3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Very logical acquisition, basically a no brainer. Hunt is from Cleveland, and needs a second chance. Oh...and is a top 5 RB in the league. 

NFL defenses will dread us next year

Depends how long he gets suspended for... Now on the same "exempt list" our old pal Josh Gordon is on...  

Don't forget The Little Criminal Ray Lewis saw a couple of his thugs kill two guys, and didn't remember what he saw- so tell me which is worse?  

3 minutes ago, darubes said:

PR nightmare. Maybe a draft pick from someone who

needs a RB after preseason or after injuries?

Dee Haslam's background is in PR.     I just hope her handling of this is better than the PR nightmare that she was responsible for....known as these current uniforms.

Otherwise....who gives a shite what people think.   We have been through worse with JFF and  Gordon.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Forgot about the fact that it was Dorsey who drafted Hunt......so that is the close connection that brought him here.

Don't forget Dorsey has a history with troubled players, Hunt isn't the first...   

Trreek Hill was projected to be undrafted during the 2016 NFL draft, mainly due to his domestic violence arrest. And our own Antonio Callaway, that a lot of teams wouldn't touch because of drugs....  

16 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Will be curious to see how long  suspension he gets and how he is used, but can you imagine giving Chubb a rest for series or two and get Kareem Hunt coming in.

Can we put the over\ under at 8 games?  

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Can we put the over\ under at 8 games?  

Under..... But I would do waaaay over if it were my decision. 

Think years, not games. 

I don't like at all what he did and hope that it was a one time thing and I believe that everyone should have the opportunity for a 2nd chance.   The statement is a nice first step but those are just words.  His actions and the things he says and more importantly does going forward will tell if he stays in the league or is done before long.   

From a strictly football standpoint, its a great signing with huge upside and very little downside other than PR hits and that nonsense but who really cares what a bunch of talking heads on ESPN or where ever have to say anyways?  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, beare said:

great talent just wonder the pr nightmare and the female fanbase effect.

hopefully it doesnt effect chubb

No worse than the  100 other players who are now playing that have been charged with some kind of crime.  

Remember....his case does NOT fall into the domestic abuse category.   He didn't even know this woman apparently.  And strictly....Domestic abuse can only be committed on someone you are related to or living with.   This would be just a plain criminal assault case.  Now....is it worse because it was the assault of a woman.  Not legally....legally it would not matter if it was a male or a female he assaulted.      But, of course, it looks much worse when it appears that he assaults a woman.  Because honestly....this society still really holds what can only be called sexist views on subjects of this nature.

If a man gets into an argument and then a fight with a man (who he is not related to or live with)....we do not consider that as aggregious  as when a man gets into an argument and then a fight with a woman (who...again, he is not related to or lives with).   And why not?  Protective sexist attitudes toward women.

I am certainly NOT defending what he did.....I am just explaining the difference in the reaction to what he did than if it were a male on male confrontation.

Again.....not legally considered domestic violence:

2919.25 Domestic violence.

(A) No person shall knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member.

(B) No person shall recklessly cause serious physical harm to a family or household member.

(C) No person, by threat of force, shall knowingly cause a family or household member to believe that the offender will cause imminent physical harm to the family or household member.

(D)

(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of domestic violence, and the court shall sentence the offender as provided in divisions (D)(2) to (6) of this section.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I think there was more to it than that, wasn't there?

It wasn't so much the assault, IIRC, it's he lied about it to Management... Or at the least tried to minimize it...  

Here ya go, per CNN...  "As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions," the Chiefs said via Twitter. "The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately."

And, apparently, Hunt has not even been charged in the incident that was caught on tape.   (not because he couldn't be...but because the victim apparently will not cooperate):

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2808876-woman-in-kareem-hunt-altercation-reportedly-not-cooperating-with-prosecutors

Also note:    this article says he is put on the "Exempt list".  

How in helll do you consider being put on the "exempt list" as anything other than a suspension?

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

It wasn't so much the assault, IIRC, it's he lied about it to Management... Or at the least tried to minimize it...  

Here ya go, per CNN...  "As part of our internal discussions with Kareem, several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions," the Chiefs said via Twitter. "The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately."

OK....but Vagitron made it out like  Hunt being released was the only reason he didn't play much last year.

But...I am saying that if you are on an Exempt list....that means you are fucking suspended.  It would be semantics.    A rose by any other name would be just as sweet, a lemon by any other name would be just as sour.