Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OldBrownsFan

Christians Bet on Trump and Won

Recommended Posts

He Has Vindicated Their Support

In 2016, critics of Trump warned his Christians supporters that as president he would revert to his secularist New York roots. He hasn’t. The confidence the religious right placed in him has been largely vindicated. He has turned out to be the most reliable defender of religious freedom since Ronald Reagan.

Barack Obama had spent his presidency marginalizing Christians in his quest to “fundamentally transform” the country. Had Hillary won, she would have intensified that assault. Trump has given Christians some breathing room in the culture war, as evident in his remarks during last week’s National Prayer Breakfast. He made a point of defending the Vice President’s wife, Karen Pence, who has been attacked for simply teaching at a Christian school blacklisted by the LGBT movement.

Trump also spoke strongly in defense of the pro-life movement. “All children, born and unborn, are made in the holy image of God. Every life is sacred and every soul is a precious gift from heaven,” he said. “I will never let you down. I can say that. Never.” The frequency with which Trump speaks on abortion has rankled the media, which had hoped he would go soft on the issue like other moderate-leaning Republicans. Instead, Trump speaks about it directly and without apology. He devoted an important passage of his State of the Union address to the subject: “Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth. These are living, feeling, beautiful babies who will never get the chance to share their love and dreams with the world.”

Trump shows far more reverence for the basic tenets of Judeo-Christian culture than those who have cast him as the callous, amoral plutocrat. His common sense and patriotism lead him to show a respect for America’s theistic traditions and he recognizes that America’s decline is tied to straying from them. He speaks about God in an uncomplicated manner, with far less hedging than modern churchmen. To Trump, it is obvious that rights come not from government but from God. The whole secularist project, consequently, makes no sense to him and he has no qualms about letting Christians live on their own terms without government harassment.

Obama imposed a contraceptive mandate on Christians; Trump has lifted it. One of his finer moments was inviting the Little Sisters of the Poor to the Rose Garden to assure them that their “long ordeal was over.” Only the Obama administration could have been secularist enough to get into a lawsuit with the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Under Obama, the Justice Department and Health and Human Services routinely harassed the religious. Now those agencies have adopted specific policies to protect them. “The sun is shining right now in America when it comes to our First Amendment freedoms,” Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council has said.

The State Department has also undergone a major transformation. As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton had brought in the NARAL crowd to push abortion rights around the world. Now social conservatives like Sam Brownback work there. Yet the media still pretends not to understand why the religious right supports Trump. Articles continue to pour forth about the impropriety of the alliance. But it reflects the prudence of conservative Christians, who see in Trump an obvious protector. Since when has imprudence been a virtue? Why are Christians obligated to surrender to the other side? They shrewdly placed their bet on Trump and won. Had they placed it elsewhere, they would be in Hillary’s crosshairs at the moment.

Many Republicans, supposedly far more “respectable” than Trump, turned out to be unreliable defenders of the religious right and would often subject Christians to lectures about “adjusting to the times.” Trump has refrained from that kind of brow-beating. He doesn’t join the PC mob in calling them “intolerant.”

His most enduring contribution to the defense of religious freedom is likely to come in the form of an improved judiciary, upon which he has placed a significant number of originalists. This last week on the Supreme Court we saw a Bush appointee, John Roberts, vote to block a pro-life Louisiana law while Trump’s appointees, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, voted to let it go forward — a reminder of why the religious right lost any confidence in the establishment GOP and was willing to give Trump a chance.

The secularist forces continue to gather strength around the country, but Trump has undeniably bought Christians some time. They needed a Constantine and he emerged as one.

https://spectator.org/christians-bet-on-trump-and-won/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And lost all future credibility on any issue dealing with morality"

The primary challengers warned u about this too. U cant make a fuss about pornography or anything like that when u voted for a man who cavorted with porno actresses his entire life and married an escort. The final hypocrisy was enacted and all the young kids know it, the party in the long run is finished because the younger generations apathy towards it exceeds their apathy toward the democrats....even tho they're pretty sick of them too.

Trump is going to be a liberal dogwhistle fir decades. "Oh u wanna talk to us about something u consider immoral? Stfu cpt pussy grab".....will be said for many years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumps nane will be brought up anytime jesus is and it will be an immeduate dismissal of anything the conservative has to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Trumps nane will be brought up anytime jesus is and it will be an immeduate dismissal of anything the conservative has to say. 

The world will find fault with Christians regardless, nothing new there. The facts are Christians in 2016 had a choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and chose Trump over Clinton. It was a vote for president, not pastor. Trump was the right choice. 

Hillary, Soros and the political genocide of Christianity

"There is a deliberate and comprehensive anti-Christian plan being promoted by Hillary Clinton and funded by George Soros because they believe that Christian principles are an impediment to the implementation of their progressive policies."

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/300992-hillary-soros-and-the-political-genocide-of

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

 The facts are Christians in 2016 had a choice between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump and chose Trump over Clinton. 

 

 

nice try but the bullshit flag is thrown...you all had the choice between Trump and Rubio/Bush/Paul/Kasich/etc, etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

nice try but the bullshit flag is thrown...you all had the choice between Trump and Rubio/Bush/Paul/Kasich/etc, etc....

 

Not quite "you all". Cruz had a lot of support from Christians in the primary. He had my vote. When it got down to Trump and Clinton that was an easy choice to make. MAGA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

 

Not quite "you all". Cruz had a lot of support from Christians in the primary. He had my vote. When it got down to Trump and Clinton that was an easy choice to make. MAGA.

Not disagreeing with you there, I can obviously see that for a lot of people in this country Hillary was a nonstarter...I get it. I stayed home from voting because the two of them disgusted me to the core. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh geez. And now we get to hear about that classic, victimized, Christian

 

 

How about that thread where we heard about how Obama did nothing to help Christian refugees, and then math showed us Trump did even less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump still bombing the same countries and supporting regime's that lead to the death of children that Obama did?  Check. 

Yes,  a true man of Christ indeed. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh geez. And now we get to hear about that classic, victimized, Christian

 

 

How about that thread where we heard about how Obama did not

hing to help Christian refugees, and then math showed us Trump did even less

The post was about Trump rewarding Christian voters for their support by being the most pro life president since Roe v Wade and doing a good job on religious freedom. Try to keep up.

LET’S BE REAL: OBAMA ‘BARRED’ SYRIAN CHRISTIAN REFUGEES. JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS

https://dailycaller.com/2017/01/28/lets-be-real-obama-barred-syrian-christian-refugees-just-look-at-the-numbers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The post was about Trump rewarding Christian voters for their support by being the most pro life president since Roe v Wade and doing a good job on religious freedom. Try to keep up.

LET’S BE REAL: OBAMA ‘BARRED’ SYRIAN CHRISTIAN REFUGEES. JUST LOOK AT THE NUMBERS

https://dailycaller.com/2017/01/28/lets-be-real-obama-barred-syrian-christian-refugees-just-look-at-the-numbers/

OBF, I'm not running through this again. Go to the old thread. Using data from your own sources I showed that, based on your standards for Obama, Trump did even less for Christian refugees.

I get ignoring data, facts and critical thinking is the very basis of your being, but I laid this out real clearly for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great thing. One of the major reasons Millennial and Gen Z non longer believe in the invisible sky daddy is the hypocrisy of Christians. So keep on supports your war hero. You should be able to double the percentage of atheists in the next generation. Should be over 30%. 

Walking the Walk: New Study Reveals People Raised By Religious Hypocrites More Likely to Become Atheists Later

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/august/walking-the-walk-new-study-reveals-people-raised-by-religious-hypocrites-more-likely-to-become-atheists-later

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

OBF, I'm not running through this again. Go to the old thread. Using data from your own sources I showed that, based on your standards for Obama, Trump did even less for Christian refugees.

I get ignoring data, facts and critical thinking is the very basis of your being, but I laid this out real clearly for you.

Just the facts Woody. If what the article is stating is wrong now is your time to set the record straight. Stay focused and on point the article is speaking about how Syrian Christian refugees were treated under Obama. 

 "Let’s look at what the numbers have to say about the way Christian refugees were treated under President Obama.

The country admitted about the same number of Christian refugees as Muslim refugees in Fiscal Year 2016, according to Pew Research Center figures cited by The New York Times in an effort to refute Trump’s statement. About 38,000 Christian refugees were admitted compared to about 39,000 Muslims.

But this figure is a sum total of refugees worldwide, when Trump was clearly referring to specific Christian minority populations in the Middle East. The way it’s deployed in The New York Times report is incredibly misleading and entirely misses the point.

The numbers regarding refugees from Syria in particular actually bolster Trump’s case. Obama admitted more than 12,000 Muslim refugees from Syria in Fiscal Year 2016, but fewer than 100 Christian refugees from the same country. Christians make up about 10 percent of the population in Syria, some 2.2 million people. Yet they only made up about one-half of one percent of Syrian refugees admitted that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh who gives a shit? Wage lowering immigrants are wage lowering immigrants. And these syrian christian immigrants are the same kind of hustlers coming from our southern border, some (i assume) are prob ok people but most are just coming here to suckle off uncle sams balls and funnel heroin into the country....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Just the facts Woody. If what the article is stating is wrong now is your time to set the record straight. Stay focused and on point the article is speaking about how Syrian Christian refugees were treated under Obama. 

 "Let’s look at what the numbers have to say about the way Christian refugees were treated under President Obama.

The country admitted about the same number of Christian refugees as Muslim refugees in Fiscal Year 2016, according to Pew Research Center figures cited by The New York Times in an effort to refute Trump’s statement. About 38,000 Christian refugees were admitted compared to about 39,000 Muslims.

But this figure is a sum total of refugees worldwide, when Trump was clearly referring to specific Christian minority populations in the Middle East. The way it’s deployed in The New York Times report is incredibly misleading and entirely misses the point.

The numbers regarding refugees from Syria in particular actually bolster Trump’s case. Obama admitted more than 12,000 Muslim refugees from Syria in Fiscal Year 2016, but fewer than 100 Christian refugees from the same country. Christians make up about 10 percent of the population in Syria, some 2.2 million people. Yet they only made up about one-half of one percent of Syrian refugees admitted that year.

OBF

We did this already

Please find the old thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Oh who gives a shit? Wage lowering immigrants are wage lowering immigrants. And these syrian christian immigrants are the same kind of hustlers coming from our southern border, some (i assume) are prob ok people but most are just coming here to suckle off uncle sams balls and funnel heroin into the country....

The key word for me Cleve is "legal immigration". I am all for having a liberal immigration process as we are a nation of immigrants but it has to be legal immigration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

OBF

We did this already

Please find the old thread

I remember the old thread Woody. You took issue with an article I posted which stated that Christian refugees were being discriminated against in favor of Muslim refugees. The article I posted clearly shows a huge discrepancy.

Under Trump there has been across the board less refugees coming into the country ( I agree with that point you made) but maybe that is due to ISIS having lost 99 percent of their territory under Trump? When over 10,000 Muslim refugees were accepted under the Obama regime and less than one hundred Christian refugees this was at a time when ISIS was far more powerful and controlled much more territory. It was a time period where the persecution was much greater. As ISIS was being diminished during the Trump administration there was less of an urgent need for refugees to escape and come here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I remember the old thread Woody. You took issue with an article I posted which stated that Christian refugees were being discriminated against in favor of Muslim refugees. The article I posted clearly shows a huge discrepancy.

Under Trump there has been across the board less refugees coming into the country ( I agree with that point you made) but maybe that is due to ISIS having lost 99 percent of their territory under Trump? When over 10,000 Muslim refugees were accepted under the Obama regime and less than one hundred Christian refugees this was at a time when ISIS was far more powerful and controlled much more territory. It was a time period where the persecution was much greater. As ISIS was being diminished during the Trump administration there was less of an urgent need for refugees to escape and come here. 

Please read the thread again

 

 

I started to... and I had flashbacks at how pointless it was

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cccjwh said:

It's a great thing. One of the major reasons Millennial and Gen Z non longer believe in the invisible sky daddy is the hypocrisy of Christians. So keep on supports your war hero. You should be able to double the percentage of atheists in the next generation. Should be over 30%. 

Walking the Walk: New Study Reveals People Raised By Religious Hypocrites More Likely to Become Atheists Later

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/august/walking-the-walk-new-study-reveals-people-raised-by-religious-hypocrites-more-likely-to-become-atheists-later

 

 

Go change your tampon sweetheart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Go change your tampon sweetheart.

Sorry your fairy tales aren't catching on with the younger generations. Keep up the good work of driving them away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I don't care what the younger generation thinks or believes.  I just think your a girl.

If this is the case, then why do you keep engaging the younger generation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I don't care what the younger generation thinks or believes.  I just think your a girl.

I don't care what ignorant old men think. But it is funny when they are triggered by people challenging their beliefs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I don't care what ignorant old men think. But it is funny when they are triggered by people challenging their beliefs.  

What’s the point of challenging people’s beliefs?  You’re not going to change their minds 

Doing it for humor is kinda sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I don't care what ignorant old men think. But it is funny when they are triggered by people challenging their beliefs.  

But you're still a girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

But you're still a girl.

You can keep wishing, it isn't going to make it true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×