THE BROWNS BOARD

Coaches WANT to come to Cleveland <pinch me>

Orion

Right?!   

That's the theme I'm getting from reading about our new OC, DC, ST coaches/coordinators.   They all seem to indicate that they WANTED to come to Cleveland.  I mean, one of 'em scheduled Cleveland as his first visit because that's where he wanted to be.  -  It crazy.....compared to a year or so ago when coaches had Cleveland as a 'last resort'.

And the one common denominator in the new coach's comments is that Baker Mayfield is the QB.  --  It LOOKS LIKE the Browns can win games now because of our QB.  And THAT makes us attractive.

We owe the turn-around in the attractiveness of coming to the Browns to John Dorsey.  Previous regimes traded away the chance to have a franchise QB leaving the Browns with a crippled offense.  They let OTHER teams have the QB's and thus Cleveland is a place to stay away from.  Dorsey didn't let ANYONE else control who his QB was gonna be.  He DIDN'T take Saquan Barkley and grab a QB that fell to him at #4.  NOPE!  He understood exactly how valuable that position is.  He wanted the BEST one.   -  Now, of course, he could've been wrong....and still might be wrong about his choice.  But so far, the rest of the football world thinks he got it right. 

We are now a far-cry from the front office that made Shannahan say, "I'm not going to finish my contract here.  I'm gonna leave you flat whether you let me out of my contract or not."

Coaches now WANT to come here.  And I can't wait for free agency to see if PLAYERS now want to be part of our team.

44 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Well, we all ready have a new head coach.

Yes.  But we actually had coaches that WANTED to interview for our head coaching position.  Obviously Bruce Airiens petitioned for an interview.  We got Monken to come here and NOT even call plays.

I think coaches are seeing the Browns as a place where they can grab onto it's coat-tails and be seen as part of the REASON the Browns became successful in 2019 (and beyond).  That being part of the Browns can be GOOD for their career.  A springboard to a possible head coaching position, instead of a catapult into the abyss......which is what we WERE viewed as.  And it's all because of Baker Mayfield and John Dorsey  (and also because of Landry, Chubb, Njoku, Garrett, Ward and the rest of the young talent.  But let's face it, if you take away Dorsey & Mayfield, you're left with Haslam & Tyrod Taylor.)

13 hours ago, Orion said:

Yes.  But we actually had coaches that WANTED to interview for our head coaching position.  Obviously Bruce Airiens petitioned for an interview.  We got Monken to come here and NOT even call plays.

I think coaches are seeing the Browns as a place where they can grab onto it's coat-tails and be seen as part of the REASON the Browns became successful in 2019 (and beyond).  That being part of the Browns can be GOOD for their career.  A springboard to a possible head coaching position, instead of a catapult into the abyss......which is what we WERE viewed as.  And it's all because of Baker Mayfield and John Dorsey  (and also because of Landry, Chubb, Njoku, Garrett, Ward and the rest of the young talent.  But let's face it, if you take away Dorsey & Mayfield, you're left with Haslam & Tyrod Taylor.)

Yes, Wilks said as much in his introductory presser. Talent, and wanted to be here. One interview- with the Browns. Priefer had several offers from other teams to coach special teams.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes, Wilks said as much in his introductory presser. Talent, and wanted to be here. One interview- with the Browns. Priefer had several offers from other teams to coach special teams.

This is VERY positive stuff.  NFL people  want to come.  They see something.   -  It's one thing for talking heads to say stuff but it's only real when you see it happen.  Again, hopefully this trendy Browns thing continues into free agency.  

21 hours ago, choco said:

Who hired Dorsey? Who hired the guy who recommended hiring Dorsey? Who perhaps learned a bit from past mistakes and sat in the front row when his 5th HC was announced?

Well said choco!

Mike

Haslam is a whack-job.  But Dorsey is so good  that we've got people wanting to come here IN SPITE of the fact that we've got a dope for an owner.  And it only works while he stays in the background.  

On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, Orion said:

Haslam is a whack-job.  But Dorsey is so good  that we've got people wanting to come here IN SPITE of the fact that we've got a dope for an owner.  And it only works while he stays in the background.  

I think the Haslems have learned their lessons (finally)

lets hope they keep to writing checks, putting money in the community, and continue to get Dorsey his coffee 

Acquisition of Kareem Hunt is your proof.

Bermeck (my southern Ohio bungle friends already giving me crap about Hunt... talk about hypocrisy !!!)

1 hour ago, bermeck08 said:

I think the Haslems have learned their lessons (finally)

lets hope they keep to writing checks, putting money in the community, and continue to get Dorsey his coffee 

Acquisition of Kareem Hunt is your proof.

Bermeck (my southern Ohio bungle friends already giving me crap about Hunt... talk about hypocrisy !!!)

Really?

1 hour ago, bermeck08 said:

Just keep reminding them about Joe Mixon and Adam Jones..... :D

Think they might be a bit worried about being AFC North cellar dwellers for the foreseeable future?

Archived