THE BROWNS BOARD

OSU qb allowed to play

Browns149

Was there any doubt? All these transfers going to a big time school will get the waiver 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25953943/ncaa-grants-waiver-allowing-qb-justin-fields-play-ohio-state-buckeyes-2019

I think players should be able to transfer whenever they want, just like coaches. Without anything else considered, I think Fields should be allowed to play at OSU.

Of course that isn't the rule now. To call his case a "hardship" is ridiculous.

Either follow the rule or don't have it. 

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think players should be able to transfer whenever they want, just like coaches. Without anything else considered, I think Fields should be allowed to play at OSU.

I guess the fact that people at his previous school were using racial slurs towards him is his case for hardship 

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I guess the fact that people at his previous school were using racial slurs towards him is his case for hardship 

Isn't he a white kid?  What could they have been calling him?

And what about Tate Martell?  Was he allowed to transfer out?

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I’m pretty sure he’s black

4A908AA9-3EF5-473B-8776-CB0946010728.jpeg

5 hours ago, Browns149 said:

And yet his sister went and enrolled at the same school....

How threateningly racist of an environment could it be if the mom lets her daughter enroll at the same school?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Tate transferred. You don't need permission to transfer. Tate applied for immediate eligibility, and he hasn't heard back yet 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, MLD Woody said:

The only real good part of sitting out a season (or maybe a half season?) is to prevent the possible chaos of "hired guns" hopping all over to get a better deal or play for a title shot. Could a player play for 2, 3 or 4 teams? Could happen.

At least make college sports look amateur for awhile.  They are students not free agents. Exceptions for real emergencies only.

22 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The only real good part of sitting out a season (or maybe a half season?) is to prevent the possible chaos of "hired guns" hopping all over to get a better deal or play for a title shot. Could a player play for 2, 3 or 4 teams? Could happen.

At least make college sports look amateur for awhile.  They are students not free agents. Exceptions for real emergencies only.

With this being approved, that's out the window

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

With this being approved, that's out the window

Sad. 18, 19, 20 year old kids can change their minds like crazy, that would be bad. It will look more and more like a pro football mini camp and not traditional college football.

You still need some rules in society.

GO TEAM! 

Archived