THE BROWNS BOARD

AAF

beare

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zombo said:

I'm old, probably more to do with Guillermo Villas and Gabby Sabatini.

I think I checked out on tennis around the time Sampras and Agassi got old and Anna Kournikova stopped knocking balls around.

anna-kournikova-all-people-photo-u1?w=65

Anna Kanacorna......the biggest star that never did nothing.....except be hot as hell.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or are you confusing Federer...who is Swiss.

Absolutely not Gipper, I probably follow tennis more than baseball... Stan Warinka IS Swiss, though you wouldn't think it with a name like that... Knew all along what countries Federer and Nadal were from... And Nadal is a lefty- like me, so I tend to follow his doings and root for him, all things considered. 

And speaking of lefties, I also have a fond spot in my heart for John McEnroe- who besides being a lefty, played tennis the same way I used to.... I believe I still hold the University of Dayton record for a racquet toss- over two courts and a 20' tall row of pine trees.  Me and John even preferred the same racquet- a Wilson Pro Staff. :)   What I didn't know about John was he was formerly married to Tatum O'Neal...  

PS- American John Isner has hung around in the top 10 for years, though he's never broken through to win a major tournament. And if you remember, he also played the longest match in pro tennis history. That record will stand forever, as all major tournaments have now capped how long a deciding set can go before it forces a tiebreaker- no more 70-68 sets. Should mention we have an up and coming American, Frances Tiafoe, 21 yo.....    

PPS- if Anna had been able to play tennis up to the level of her looks, she'd be in the same category as the Williams sisters... Of the current crop of women players, Carolyn Wozniacki isn't too shabby looking...  

Image result for Caroline Wozniacki tennis players

Archived