THE BROWNS BOARD

AAF

beare

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got Orlando up 22-6 over Atlanta..Spurrier is reaching into Freddie's playbook;).Bucks WR Jalen Marshall looks legit. It's hard to find 15 good QB's in the NFL..And Simms vs Gilbert qualifies under top 75..so that's why there here..It's a good flip, checking in on hockey..

So far it's just football for diehards like most startups, will it lsst who knows.

Oh the XFL next year, former Oklahoma coach and Youngstown native Bob Stoops to coach the Dallas team.......again for football junkies.

What else are you going to watch in February?  :huh:

The Alliance of American Football (AAF) is a professional American football league founded by Charlie Ebersol and Bill Polian. It opened play in February 2019, one week following the National Football League's Super Bowl LIII championship game. The AAF consists of eight centrally owned and operated teams. All but one (Salt Lake) are located in cities on or south of the 35th paralleland all but one (Birmingham) in metropolitan areas that have at least one major professional sports franchise. Six of the eight teams are in markets lacking an NFL team, except for Atlanta and Arizona........

As part of its formation, the AAF announced broadcast deals with CBS Sports; opening day (consisting of two regionally-televised games)[31] aired on CBS, as will the championship game. CBS Sports Network will air at least one game per week, and one of the playoff games. CBS broadcast an ad for the league during its coverage of Super Bowl LIII.[32][14][33] In addition to local stations,[34] TNT will broadcast two games per season (one regular season and a playoff game) while NFL Network airs two weekly games.[35] The league's mobile app will offer live streaming of all games, as well as provide integrated fantasy games,    ]while Turner's B/R Live will stream one game a week.[35] Select games are also carried on SiriusXM.[36]

CBSSN's game of the week will be called by Ben Holden, Adam Archuleta, and John Schriffen.[31] NFL Network's broadcast team consists of Dan Hellie on play-by-play and Marvin Lewis on color commentary.[37]

It was later announced that TNT's broadcast team consists of Brian Anderson on play-by-play, Marvin Lewis on color commentary, and Maurice Jones-Drew as sideline reporter.[38]

Screenshot_2019-02-09-22-26-55.png

And of course being a money guy I had to check this out (everything on TV comes down to money one way or another).......   http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24076702/alliance-american-football-players-get-3-year-250k-contracts

Less than eight months before the scheduled start of its new pro league, the Alliance of American Football has rolled out details about player allocation, a combine, a draft and salary expectations.

League co-founder Bill Polian, an ESPN NFL analyst, said the league will give players three-year, non-guaranteed contracts worth $250,000 each.

Players can leave the league, which is set to kick off Feb. 9, to go to the NFL. Polian said it's currently unclear whether a player's rights will revert back to the AAF after a three-year period expires or if the clock stops ticking on a team's three-year rights when a player gets "called up" to the big time.

Salaries will be in line with AAF competitor the XFL, which has said it will pay players an average of $75,000 per season. That league launches in 2020.

Polian said a contract will include state-of-the-industry health insurance and an education stipend to any player who completes a year in the league........continued.......

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

So far it's just football for diehards like most startups, will it lsst who knows.

Oh the XFL next year, former Oklahoma coach and Youngstown native Bob Stoops to coach the Dallas team.......again for football junkies.

What else are you going to watch in February?  :huh:

Hey, it's football....  Not a college basketball fan. And the way the NBA is set up- not much interest there either... Sorry LeBron, the Pelicans weren't about to gift you Davis so you could go to another NBA Final.... 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hey, it's football....  Not a college basketball fan. And the way the NBA is set up- not much interest there either... Sorry LeBron, the Pelicans weren't about to gift you Davis so you could go to another NBA Final.... 

Agree there, I do watch some of the few INDIANS preseason TV games but outside of the MARCH MADNESS tournament I do zero hoops, golf, NASCAR, whatever.

I will stop in on a few AAF games if there are no good movies or I'm not playing chess or whatever. The NFL Draft has some interest.

Feb - MLB Opening Day, the great sports dead zone!

Scooby and Trent are my favorites.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

(for now) hanging on with the Denver Broncos. :)

the 3rd team that was highly interested in jumping up for Baker Mayfield after coaching him at the senior bowl...suffer on Elway!!

On 2/10/2019 at 3:57 AM, choco said:

When they figure out it's not a passing league, or rather a limited passing league, the balance will come. I figured RBs would like up yards...

Woodside looking decent

Not a passing league? The 5 men blitz rule makes me think it is even more a passing league than the NFL.

I think it is going to be used as a lab for future NFL rules or changes in the game. No kickoffs, for example.

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

My AAF team is terrible and they misuse my favorite player. 

It's the 2017 Browns all over again

Of course, you pretty much bring suckitude to everything, and maybe that player ain't even much good for this league....so maybe you should get a new favorite player.   Some guy named Smith...who is from FMU...scored a couple of TDs for the other team...Orlando.

I still haven't made up my mind about "my team":   San Antonio/San Diego/Birmingham.

Scores

Sunday

Birmingham Iron 26, Memphis Express 0
Arizona Hotshots 38, Salt Lake City Stallions 22

Saturday

Orlando Apollos 40, Atlanta Legends 6
San Antonio Commanders 15, San Diego Fleet 6 

Trent Richardson overcomes slow start with two TDs

This was supposed to be Richardson's comeback, but the former Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts running back got off to a slow start with eight carries for 17 yards through the first half. His third quarter wasn't looking any better with a lost fumble on one of his better runs of the day. However, Richardson finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter to put the Iron up 15-0 and scored the ensuing two-point conversion. He also had a late-game touchdown, his second of the day, to finish with 56 yards in a 26-0 victory. 

It's been an overall tough day for Richardson as he tries to make his way back to theNFL -- his yards per carry was still under 3.0 -- but at least it ended better than it started. 

Iron shut down Express with strong defensive effort

Similar to Saturday night's defensive struggle between San Antonio and San Diego, Memphis-Birmingham was a rock fight for about three quarters The Iron lead 9-0, but were absolutely stout on defense. One of the best plays of the day came on a tip-drill interception of Express quarterback Christian Hackenberg, who has struggled to find any consistency in his career following his breakout freshman season at Penn State. 

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Trent Richardson overcomes slow start with two TDs

This was supposed to be Richardson's comeback, but the former Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts running back got off to a slow start with eight carries for 17 yards through the first half. His third quarter wasn't looking any better with a lost fumble on one of his better runs of the day. However, Richardson finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter to put the Iron up 15-0 and scored the ensuing two-point conversion. He also had a late-game touchdown, his second of the day, to finish with 56 yards in a 26-0 victory. 

It's been an overall tough day for Richardson as he tries to make his way back to theNFL -- his yards per carry was still under 3.0 -- but at least it ended better than it started. 

When I saw "Trent Richardson" I thought it must be some new guy. And 3 year $250,000 zero guarantees to play is a real comedown, used to be a typical NFL game check.

Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Screen_Shot_2019-02-11_at_9.41.26_AM.png

I watched the highlight reel and didn't think that Richardson had a good game, but damn those stats...

And Hackember was plain awful.

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

I watched the highlight reel and didn't think that Richardson had a good game, but damn those stats...

And Hackember was plain awful.

For what its worth, in checking the stats, a guy named A. Hunt from Orlando had the most rushing yards with like 78...another guy had 64...and TR had 58 for third.

Archived