THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Team Cuts

darren15

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Vallejo- The Cards are a talentless mess... You know you're improving as a team when your cuts start getting picked up by the bottom feeders... 

Regarding Collins... I still think it's mighty likely Collins either gets traded or cut. We only take a $2.5 million cap hit to release him. We sure aren't paying him $12 million his contract calls for this year for below average production... Now if he's willing to take a substantial pay cut- different story....  

Yeah Collins is far too inconsistent for the amount the Browns are paying him.. it's about time to replace him anyhow....

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Collins... I still think it's mighty likely Collins either gets traded or cut. We only take a $2.5 million cap hit to release him. We sure aren't paying him $12 million his contract calls for this year for below average production... Now if he's willing to take a substantial pay cut- different story....  

i dont think that 12m is any consideration at all...i agree its steep (plenty of cap room), but his play is hardly below average.  started slow coming off an injury that ended his '17 campaign, but looked to be rounding into form as the season wore on.  at this moment, he is the most physical linebacker the browns have (not saying much, i know), but you cannot simply cut collins until we have a replacement level player.  This is the last year the browns can operate without cap constraints, so unless the browns absolutely need that extra 10m from colllins, makes no sense to jettison him just yet.   

seems to me, that opinions on him are very similar to mitchel schwartz.  kid got killed by fans until he left, then everyone started bitching about the crap RT play we got after.  looks like folks are expecting a lil too much, simply by saying he makes too much...if this is a valid logical point, then we should also be paying player out-performing their contracts?  

i get it...spend judiciously.  if/when dorsey gets an equal talent (even if this offseason) for less cost, great.  till then, can't let arguably the best player at the weakest position group on the team go.

ETA: 2014 collins had his best year, '18 was statistically his second best season.  

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, gumby73 said:

or Zona's next Scooby Wright to play ST's;)..Tanner is listed as the 3rd Sam LB behind Haason Reddick.so am not seeing him starting there, but Zona certainly needs LB talent, and Zona,Jets,NYG,Cinn,Minn & LAC's all put a bid in also..While i got you, who was the Mich.St DE/LB that motored up against the Buckeyes last season? Did he come out for this draft? EDit--BTW Scooby Wright is now playing for the Arizona Hotshots in new AAF league starting up this weekend.. 

I forget his name but didn't he break his leg in the bowl game? I still think that kid is going to be legit. I think he was big 10 dpoty. In my humble opinion he's going to be better than TJ Watt. He's as strong as TJ but has far better hips for dipping and bending around OL. And he's strong enough to hold up at the point against OL that dwarfed him in size. Amazingly strong kid for 260lbs. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, darren15 said:

Thread for cuts by teams and possible players we should look at

Falcons released kicker Matt Bryant ....one of the most accurate and consistent kickers around ......make your move Dorsey

He's 43 years old.  I think I would rather stick with who we have, or at least go with someone who can play another 10 years.

Just a note....I remember when Dawson was young people wanted to cut him because they thought he had a weak leg.   LOL

I am good with Joseph at this point.  I think many include Gonzo missed kicks and attribute them to Joseph.  Look up Joseph's stats.  He didn't kick poorly.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Just a note....I remember when Dawson was young people wanted to cut him because they thought he had a weak leg.   LOL

I am good with Joseph at this point.  I think many include Gonzo missed kicks and attribute them to Joseph.  Look up Joseph's stats.  He didn't kick poorly.

An off-season and good coaching should help a lot. If he can start making consistent contact with the football, could be a good kicker. Sometimes the ball comes off squirrelly, makes him look worse than he is. That kick against the rats to win it was all power. How that went in is beyond me. 😀

Archived