THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Season Tickets- the NFL has gone Millennial

hoorta

24 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I kept all my printed tics in '18 & used my cell to enter. IMHO, it's EASIER! Believe me, I'm no "techie".

Mike

I have no idea how anything is easier than taking a ticket out of your pocket and handing it to the ticket taker.

This doesn't make life easier for us. It makes life easier for the Browns/Indians/Cavs/etc.

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I have no idea how anything is easier than taking a ticket out of your pocket and handing it to the ticket taker.

This doesn't make life easier for us. It makes life easier for the Browns/Indians/Cavs/etc.

It makes life easier for me I just won’t go except on rare occasions 

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I talked to my rep.  today. He explained that 20 teams went this way last year and the NFL is making the others do the same.  There will be no more printed tickets for NFL games.  There is a big problem with print at home tickets.  People can make multiple copies and sell them.  The first one to get to the gate is the winner, the other stuck at the gate holding a sheet of paper for which they just paid $100. 

All of your tickets will be loaded in to your account..  Pull them up as you need them.  I'd screen shot them the night before so you aren't dicking around while half drunk trying to access your account.

Go access your account and you will find it pretty easy.  No tickets are loaded at this point, but it looks pretty easy.

Go to your account and snoop around.

That's sort of what I figured Russ...  It does make it harder to sell bogus tickets- but not impossible....  

I'll give you a "what if". You put your ticket(s) up for sale on any of the the resale sites... Someone buys them, proceeds to screen shot them, and forward them to 10 different people...  Same difference, first guy gets in- the others are screwed...  It would make it a damn sight easier to trace back to where the original ticket came from though.... 

So I guess the word of warning is be mighty careful who you're forwarding a ticket to....  

Oh well, for us nostalgia folks, they could have said print at home tickets will no longer be accepted- originals only- the ones embossed with holograms that can't be duplicated.  :)  

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not to mention cheaper... no mailing and printing costs....  

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

That's sort of what I figured Russ...  It does make it harder to sell bogus tickets- but not impossible....  

I'll give you a "what if". You put your ticket(s) up for sale on any of the the resale sites... Someone buys them, proceeds to screen shot them, and forward them to 10 different people...  Same difference, first guy gets in- the others are screwed...  It would make it a damn sight easier to trace back to where the original ticket came from though.... 

So I guess the word of warning is be mighty careful who you're forwarding a ticket to....  

Oh well, for us nostalgia folks, they could have said print at home tickets will no longer be accepted- originals only- the ones embossed with holograms that can't be duplicated.  :)  

Not all tickets look like season tickets.  The ones you would buy for single game entry are just computer printed tickets.  The aren't embossed or have fancy graphics.  Every year I buy a few for family or friends.  Someone with some skills could print out a bunch of those.

I think this was done as a security measure with the cost of printing a minor point, though you know the printing of tickets as fancy as our season tickets is expensive.  That printer in Arkansas prints all the big event tickets because not many places are capable.  They are probably still being used to generate these tickets across the league.

I have never saved ticket stubs, but I know many people do.  I guess those days are over.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I have never saved ticket stubs, but I know many people do.  I guess those days are over.

So....a game day ticket stub is going to be a hot item in the memorabilia market before long?

I save a few. Haven't framed my Indians World Series tickets from the 90s yet. :)

33 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I save a few. Haven't framed my Indians World Series tickets from the 90s yet. :)

I have most all of my Indy 500 tickets (19 years in a row so far) but other than that I don't have many ticket stubs.  I found one of my Browns tickets from when I was a kid and we had season tickets.   Browns/Steelers game, old stadium.  Section 36, Row U Seat 24, lower deck.   I remember we were on the aisle and right around the 50 yard line on the visitors side of the field.    Face value including tax was $27 on the ticket.   No idea what year the ticket is from though.

Those lowers are undervalued compared to other team prices.  I looked up your section and cost...a similar seat in Atlanta is $1750 per seat.

As time goes on, I would expect you will see your seat price increase another 45% over the next 5-6 years.

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Those lowers are undervalued compared to other team prices.  I looked up your section and cost...a similar seat in Atlanta is $1750 per seat.

As time goes on, I would expect you will see your seat price increase another 45% over the next 5-6 years.

Longer term with a winning record I agree with you. Taking a 30% increase and then going 1-31 should have bought a year or two after the first decent season in years IMO. We also got no relief on price when they cut pricing for many due to the turd of a product presented. 

I was fortunate to not get an increase this year. In fact during the last price adjustment my price went down. So for now I'm ahead in the game. I've been using the mobile entry for two seasons now. Opening day this past year, in the torrential downpour, the scanners that got wet all malfunctioned. Fans just said the hell with it and walked right past the scanners. Another time the app would not load, my guess was due to overload of the bandwidth. That was the Cree Lighting gate. Somebody mentioned adding tickets to the wallet, I need to figure out how to do that.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:03 PM, TopDawg31 said:

I was fortunate to not get an increase this year. In fact during the last price adjustment my price went down. So for now I'm ahead in the game. I've been using the mobile entry for two seasons now. Opening day this past year, in the torrential downpour, the scanners that got wet all malfunctioned. Fans just said the hell with it and walked right past the scanners. Another time the app would not load, my guess was due to overload of the bandwidth. That was the Cree Lighting gate. Somebody mentioned adding tickets to the wallet, I need to figure out how to do that.

Not sure what you mean adding tickets to the wallet.

My thinking is screen shot them maybe the night before.  If you do that you won't have to worry about bandwidth at the stadium.  You are pulling them up from your camera picture file.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, ballpeen said:

Yes, winning football = higher ticket prices. Not surprisingly, the Patriots have the highest average ticket prices in the league. Quadruple the average the Browns were charging. Cleveland was second lowest BTW. So plenty of room for price increases until we hit league average. Looking through my old tickets, in 2010 I paid $75 that's going to cost $110 this year. 

And if we ever make the Super Bowl? Get ready to take out a loan if you want to go. Face value for season ticket holders in the lottery for the game start at around $1,000, and are thousands more for club seats. :(

18 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Not sure what you mean adding tickets to the wallet.

My thinking is screen shot them maybe the night before.  If you do that you won't have to worry about bandwidth at the stadium.  You are pulling them up from your camera picture file.

On an Android phone, you can add an app (I refuse to do so) called Google Wallet. Name pretty much describes what it is, a virtual wallet that you can store credit card numbers and such in. Then you can use Google Pay- your phone is your credit card. Way too scary for this old fuddy duddy. 

Apparently, an I-phone has a similar feature.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, kvozel said:

My good friend Larry just needs to move into the 20th century.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Yes, that strange "cloud" where information goes to be stored... Could you explain how that works? And someone is getting so feeble minded- he doesn't know what century he's living in.  21st century by my reckoning. :D 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes, that strange "cloud" where information goes to be stored... Could you explain how that works? And someone is getting so feeble minded- he doesn't know what century he's living in.  21st century by my reckoning. :D 

Don't worry hoorta your information is safe and secure with us and we have top people on duty 24/7.......

Screenshot_2019-02-12-02-16-08.png

Actually they look more like this, just like in some sci-fi movie......kind of creepy, huh.....

izwwivvtiw411.jpg

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Larry, you are so far behind I did indeed mean the 20th century. One small step.......

Cheers

6 hours ago, kvozel said:

Larry, you are so far behind I did indeed mean the 20th century. One small step.......

Cheers

Depends on what techno area you're talking about Kieth...   Originally, never felt the need to have a computer in my pocket- only got a cell phone because it freed me from being chained in the house when I was on call at work- which was often. Still try to keep my phone as app free as humanly possible.   

Now if you want to talk A-V stuff, our pal Bob is the one living in the 20th century. That DLP set he has is the cellular equivalent of a flip phone. I'm about ready to upgrade to Samsung's 4k micro LED set- because my plasma isn't cutting it anymore by comparison... Not to mention those new sets are wi-fi enabled which will mean I can watch Sunday Ticket shortcuts on the big screen, instead of on a crummy 19" computer monitor or an even smaller tablet or cell phone. :)   

6 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

This makes me moist..

Are you a janitor?  Well the floors are immaculate.

So that's what a farm looks like in 2019.

Google Unveils $13 Billion in New Data Center Construction for 2019

BY RICH MILLER - FEBRUARY 13, 2019 LEAVE A COMMENT

Google Unveils $13 Billion in New Data Center Construction for 2019

An eight-rack pod of Google's liquid-cooled TPU version 3 servers for artificial intelligence workloads. (Image: Google)

https://datacenterfrontier.com/google-unveils-13-billion-in-new-data-center-construction-for-2019/

Google will build new data centers in Texas, Ohio, Nevada and Nebraska as part of a major expansion of its Internet infrastructure in 2019, the company said today.  Google CEO Sunday Pichai said the company will invest $13 billion in new data center campuses and offices, creating 10,000 new construction jobs.

The search leader will also add data center infrastructure in Virginia, Oklahoma and South Carolina, expanding on existing cloud computing nodes.

“Our new data center investments, in particular, will enhance our ability to provide the fastest and most reliable services for all our users and customers,” Pichai said in a blog post. “As part of our commitment to our 100 percent renewable energy purchasing, we’re also making significant renewable energy investments in the U.S. as we grow. Our data centers make a significant economic contribution to local communities, as do the associated $5 billion in energy investments that our energy purchasing supports.”

Google is a pioneer in data center infrastructure, and has set the pace for the industry with the scale and efficiency of its global network. In recent years, Google has dramatically stepped up its capital investment in data centers, while amassing land for more facilities to support the gargantuan data storage requirements that lie ahead.

Pichai didn’t offer details on the new locations. But our reporting at DCF, combined with local news media, provides some clues in each state;

• Ohio: Google hasn’t announced a site in Ohio, but in December a Google affiliate it purchased 440 acres of land in New Albany, a fast-growing data center hub near Columbus where Amazon Web Services and Facebook already operate data centers..........CONTINUED.......

Not going to quote mjp, but I had often wondered what kind of servers outfits like Amazon or NFL.com were using to handle hundreds of thousands of hits simultaneously. Weather.com could use an upgrade, or it could just be bogged down with all the advertising they throw up on it. One of the worst in that regard.

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Not going to quote mjp, but I had often wondered what kind of servers outfits like Amazon or NFL.com were using to handle hundreds of thousands of hits simultaneously. Weather.com could use an upgrade, or it could just be bogged down with all the advertising they throw up on it. One of the worst in that regard.

What's going on now with this data arms race is mind boggling and light years ahead of 5 or 10 years ago No wonder everyone can just give away 2 to 5GB of cloud storage.  And PCs and laptops can have 1T or 2T hard drives. Those ring doorbells are nice, neighbor has one, records every car that goes by our house (not a busy cul-de-sac) and sends out a ding to your cell......if you want.

I have 200 GB of cloud for $2.99/mo. plus tax = $3.20/mo. expandable and have trouble coming close to filling that up.

Archived