THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday 2/5/19

The Gipper

Here are today's  Survey Questions.   Give your answers:

1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

Somebody wake up Westside Steve to answer this question. 

5. Who makes the best fast food hamburgers?

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1. Which stadiums have you been to to see an NFL game, if any?  Current or former

Cleveland Seattle and Atlanta

2. Which stadiums have you been to to see a Major League baseball game, if any?  Current or former

Seattle Atlanta and Cincinnati

3. Which stadiums/arenas have you been to to see either an NBA or an NHL game, if any?  Current or former

Portland

4. The Super Bowl commercials for Bud Light seemed to imply that having Corn Syrup in beer is bad.   Do you believe it is bad?  Or not? If so, why? If not, why?

no idea

don't do fast food

Cleveland Muni.   Cleveland Browns stadium (Fistfuck  Energy Stadium?)  NRG Stadium, Houston.   Nissan Stadium...Nashville. 

I have toured a couple of others...but not during a game (Superdome/Lambeau).   And I have seen/driven around a number of others.

Been to games at:  Skydome, Toronto; Three Rivers...Pittsburgh; nka Hard Rock Stadium.. Miami..ish...when Florida Marlins played there; Riverfront--Cincinnati; Wrigley Field, Chicago;  Busch Stadium St. Louis; Coors Field, Denver.  the Metrodome in Minnesota;     I also saw the Blue Jays play in their old ballpark before the Skydome.  I think it was called Exhibition Stadium. And of course, Muni and The Jake.

I guess, to me, it is just a gentler, kinder, less expensive, easier process to have gone to a baseball game than a football game. 

Only The Richfield Coliseum and the Q....or whatever it was formerly called.

I have been in a few other NBA/NHL arenas....but for other events...like conventions  (Anaheim, Delta Center Salt Lake,  Denver, Montreal)

I asked this question because I don't know.

Think that Wendy's has the best basic burger

The stadiums are always changing names, so I'll give you the cities: Cleveland (old and new), Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa (old and new), Anaheim, Meadowlands (old),

Cleveland (old and new) Pittsburgh (old and new) Yankee Stadium (old) Shea Stadium (old), Wrigley, Miami (old), Tampa Bay, Atlanta (old, old), Anaheim, Houston (Astrodome), Tigers (new), Cincinnati (old), San Francico (Candlestick)

Cleveland, Miami, Orlando, Meadowlands, Madison Square Garden

Don't know, don't care.

Culvers

1.  Cleveland (old and new).   Qualcomm, Anaheim

2.  Cleveland (old and new)  Qualcomm (SD), Petco Park (SD).  Candlestink (SF), Oakland Coliseum, Anaheim Stadium, Dodger Stadium (dump), Bank One ballpark (arizona).

3.  Cleveland (new) Richfield, Orlando Magic, LA Forum (Kings), Staples Center (Kings, Clippers).

4.  Who Cares

5.  In N Out

31 minutes ago, Mark O said:

1.  Cleveland (old and new).   Qualcomm, Anaheim

2.  Cleveland (old and new)  Qualcomm (SD), Petco Park (SD).  Candlestink (SF), Oakland Coliseum, Anaheim Stadium, Dodger Stadium (dump), Bank One ballpark (arizona).

3.  Cleveland (new) Richfield, Orlando Magic, LA Forum (Kings), Staples Center (Kings, Clippers).

4.  Who Cares

5.  In N Out

Bud Light cared enough to make a big point of it during their 5 million dollar Super Bowl commercial.  I just wondered why they would think that is a big selling point.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Bud Light cared enough to make a big point of it during their 5 million dollar Super Bowl commercial.  I just wondered why they would think that is a big selling point.

True...but that doesn't mean I should care.   :)

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But you didn't say "I don't care"....you asked "Who cares?"    You see the difference, don't you?  :lol:

Who cares because I don't care and if i don't care then no one should care.   See the difference?   :)

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Who cares because I don't care and if i don't care then no one should care.   See the difference?   :)

Well....that is an egocentric, narcissistic, esoteric response that applies to only you, yourself, and you.

I just wanna be able to tell ole Redneck Randy out there what the hell is wrong with a little corn syrup in muh beer.  Dagnabbit.

The fate of "Merica"  may depend on the answer.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well....that is an egocentric, narcissistic, esoteric response that applies to only you, yourself, and you.

I just wanna be able to tell ole Redneck Randy out there what the hell is wrong with a little corn syrup in muh beer.  Dagnabbit.

The fate of "Merica"  may depend on the answer.

I doubt the fate of anything depends on that answer.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I asked for stadiums...not cities.  Some teams, like those in Atlanta....and Cleveland have had team play in multiple stadia.  Which ones?

cleveland old and new seattle old and new atlanta fulton county stadium,,,,happy now ?

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Rich Stadium (Buffalo), Hoosier Dome, Jerry Jones' palace, Houston NRG

Just the old Cle Stadium and Jacobs Field

Rogers center (Vancouver), the old Igloo (hideous Pittsburgh), Cleveland Arena (Barons & Crusaders), Richfield Coliseum (Crusaders, NHL Barons). I'd love to go to a Calgary Flames and Montreal Canadiens game someday.

Wendy's

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Culvers

Very good....problem is we don't have them anywhere near here. (do you have them in Naples?)

We do have them. I dont eat a lot of fast food, but the Culver Burger is pretty good.

Zombo

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Cleveland Stadium, First Energy Stadium

Cleveland Stadium, Progressive Field, Tiger Stadium and Comerica Park (Detroit), Three Rivers Stadium and PNC Park (Pittsburgh) and Great American Ballpark (Cincinnati)

Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland) and whatever the arena in Pittsburgh was called that predated the current arena (The Igloo?) back in 1998. 

You serious, Clark?

I'm going with Hamburger Station. They are like White Castle, but good. Now for hamburger restaurants? Hodge's in Barberton is damn good... Thurman's in Columbus is too. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That description fits MarkO perfectly, I'm surprised that you're surprised about that...

About the survey, I can't answer any of the questions, but I gotta say that apart from a football game, I bet I'd enjoy watching a NHL game live. 

20 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The New Mile High in Denver last season

Old Astrodome in Houston when it was new against Roberto Clemente, et al of the Pirates.

Never seen one live, but have seen the Harlem Globetrotters 😁

I may own stock in Bud, but I don't like any of their beer. Give me a Rochefort 10 Belgian Trappist any day of the week (I'd settle for Rochefort 8).

Wendy's with Sonic second because of the bun.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, The Gipper said:

Alphabetically... Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland (old and new), Detroit (Silverdome and Ford), Houston, Indianapolis (old and new), Kansas City, Rams (in St. Louis), Miami, Tampa, Nashville.  11 down, 21 to go on the bucket list... PS, Kansas City is my favorite away stadium. great venue, great Tailgating...  

Cleveland (old and new), Cincinnati     Don't much care for baseball- sort of boring...  

NBA-  Cleveland- Richfield and Quicken, Indianapolis, NHL- Detroit (Red Wings), Columbus (Blue Jackets)

From my winemaking POV-  ?? If they're using it as a sweetener? So what? They want you to believe light Kayro syrup is toxic? That's essentially what corn syrup is...  If they're using it as a fermentation product- again so what? Our friendly yeast  Saccharomyces  cerevisiae  that turns sugar into alcohol doesn't much care where the sugar it's fermenting originally came from. Fer instance, top shelf vodkas not only come from corn, but wheat and potatoes. (it can't ferment oddball sugars that I won't bore you the details with though). But corn syrup is pretty edible to those yeasts... Us Ohio winemakers routinely have to dump table sugar into our grape juice to get the alcohol level up...  BTW, if you look at the ingredients in Budweiser, you'll notice rice is involved. (LOL, you ferment pure rice, you wind up with Sake.) You can take any starch (which is simply very long chains of sugar molecules linked together) and enzymatically break it down into it's component sugar. Just my 0.02 :)  

I'm a junk food junkie- very few that I don't like- Frisch's if you made me choose my top one.  As an aside to Ag, I haven't tried Sonic yet- one of these days. The parking lot of our local Sonic is so routinely empty, I'm sort of shocked they haven't folded up yet.  There's no Jack-in-the Box in Ohio I'm aware of, but the one in Houston was pretty good... There's a reason Red Barn went out of business- their burgers were awful...  

Alphabetically... Carolina, Cincinnati, Cleveland (old and new), Detroit (Silverdome and Ford), Houston, Indianapolis (old and new), Kansas City, Rams (in St. Louis), Miami, Tampa, Nashville.  11 down, 21 to go on the bucket list... PS, Kansas City is my favorite away stadium. great venue, great Tailgating...  

You take the cake so far with the most venues.   IF the schedule makers are kind....I maybe could consider doing another road trip to either  Phoenix or San Fran in December this coming year.  (the only open time for me to go really).    Is that something that would interest you...or others?

Cleveland (old and new), Cincinnati     Don't much care for baseball- sort of boring...  

But, to be honest, the stadium experience of going to a baseball game is oh so much better than a football game.  Far more relaxing....you don't have the constant barrage of commercials etc. and screaming announcers yelling at you.  As you know, I was not thrilled with the stadium experience at NFL games....but I am willing to put up with the clamor for the sake of the trip that I would take in conjunction with a game...and to go to the tailgates etc.  

NBA-  Cleveland- Richfield and Quicken, Indianapolis, NHL- Detroit (Red Wings), Columbus (Blue Jackets)

From my winemaking POV-  ?? If they're using it as a sweetener? So what? They want you to believe light Kayro syrup is toxic? That's essentially what corn syrup is...  If they're using it as a fermentation product- again so what? Our friendly yeast  Saccharomyces  cerevisiae  that turns sugar into alcohol doesn't much care where the sugar it's fermenting originally came from. Fer instance, top shelf vodkas not only come from corn, but wheat and potatoes. (it can't ferment oddball sugars that I won't bore you the details with though). But corn syrup is pretty edible to those yeasts... Us Ohio winemakers routinely have to dump table sugar into our grape juice to get the alcohol level up...  BTW, if you look at the ingredients in Budweiser, you'll notice rice is involved. (LOL, you ferment pure rice, you wind up with Sake.) You can take any starch (which is simply very long chains of sugar molecules linked together) and enzymatically break it down into it's component sugar. Just my 0.02 :)  

Alrighty then.  Nice effort.

I'm a junk food junkie- very few that I don't like- Frisch's if you made me choose my top one.  As an aside to Ag, I haven't tried Sonic yet- one of these days. The parking lot of our local Sonic is so routinely empty, I'm sort of shocked they haven't folded up yet.  There's no Jack-in-the Box in Ohio I'm aware of, but the one in Houston was pretty good... There's a reason Red Barn went out of business- their burgers were awful... 

Hey...I used to work for Red Barn.   And I would wager that if you went back 40 years to when they were around, you would likely find that their burgers were no worse than some of the crap they sell now.

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I found this interesting. All I've ever heard is how great a ballpark this is and how it's the Taj Mahal of MLB...

It has spectacular views of the mountains but it was built a long long long long time ago and its crowded in the walkways, crowded in the seats and basically every new ballpark that's been built in the last 25 years is a nicer and more enjoyable experience than going to Dumpster stadium. 

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

I"m actually none of those things that Gipper described, at least not in person I'm not.

It was a joke... It made me laugh reading "esoteric" in the list, lol! 😉

No worse than rice. But just a cheap ass shortcut to making the Brew.

when we lived in Texas dad took me to a Colt 45 is game so they played the Cardinals and Curt Simmons was playing.

I thought I'd answered that. Corn syrup is just a cheap ass shortcut for beer making. Like rice.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:14 PM, The Gipper said:

But, to be honest, the stadium experience of going to a baseball game is oh so much better than a football game.  Far more relaxing....you don't have the constant barrage of commercials etc. and screaming announcers yelling at you.  As you know, I was not thrilled with the stadium experience at NFL games....but I am willing to put up with the clamor for the sake of the trip that I would take in conjunction with a game...and to go to the tailgates etc.  

LOL? A Baseball game? If you want to relax, drink beer and get some sun- I recommend heading out to a beach. A lot cheaper than going to a baseball game, and watching the waves coming in is about as exciting...   

Archived